• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Official Political Discussion Thread 4

Mr Trick

Scooby
@Spanky But a President or potential President shouldn't be judged on his public speaking or at the very least that should not be the most important thing. It should be about policies and is the who is better to lead the country forward. And let's be honest here if Biden said more of substance and if Trump did win the debate it was because it talked over Biden all the time and refused to stick the two minute rule and went off topic countless times.

@white avenger If that's the voters main concern at such a time when racism is again a problem and the virus is spreading fast in a lot of places then IMO they have their priorities backwards. Trump isn't doing anywhere near enough to bring American together and stop the spread of hate. Instead he just gets his kicks out of playing one side against the other. Besides Trump crippled the economy over his bad handling of the virus. I agree with what Biden said during the debate people should only return to work if its safe and if there's a plan put in place.

@Buffy Summers I don't know where to start. There's been countless dodgy remarks or actions from him as you very well know. And they have come from his lips, so can't be blamed on the media. Four years ago he kicked off his election bid by claiming that Obama wasn't born in the US and wasn't a American citizen. That not only was a racially motivated comment, but it was a lie (yet his supporters claim he tells the truth all the time). There's the whole Wall Frisco which is clearly racially motivated and which he had the nerve to ask the Mexican government to fund. He has defended racist cops over their actions. He attacks China every chance he gets, not just the government but the country as a whole.

@Anyanka Bunny Slayer You seem to be forgetting that its Trump getting his excuses in early about the election, with this postal service BS. Biden said the other night the result should be accepted either way. The FBI have said there's no evidence of any rigging. The same FBI who Trump has called on to step in during the riots. Well if their good enough for him to use for his own purposes then he should just accept when they say they see no evidence of rigging in this case. So its actually Trump getting the excuses in, should he lose and he's using it as a political tool also. Let's be fair here.

To quote the brilliant journalist Hadley Freeman, "Seriously, image hearing someone talk about their dead son and you respond by slagging off their other son. Trump isn't only a bad President - he's a bad human being, and is the only person who should be criticised for last night's debate." - Spot on I say. Not only that but Trump tried to score points by bringing up Biden's son drug addiction.

One more thing anyone trying to use Trump getting the virus for political gain is low, and that's from either side. Its not a conspiracy from the left.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
@Spanky But a President or potential President shouldn't be judged on his public speaking or at the very least that should not be the most important thing. It should be about policies and is the who is better to lead the country forward.
Completely agree, but sadly not everyone feels that way and get too hung up on what is said on Twitter accounts.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Completely agree, but sadly not everyone feels that way and get too hung up on what is said on Twitter accounts.
Partly twitter accounts yes, but I still think the bigger problem is of people being suckered in because they see a colourful character on TV or in the press who says some buzz words and claims to be talking for them. And I won't just aim this at Trump, its happening in Britain too. Last December's Election became the Brexit the Election because voters had Brexit fatigue and saw Boris as the most likely to get Brexit done. So because he has a certain personality, and kept repeating the same direct message over again they gave him their vote regardless of what he had to offer on the other issues or what sort of leader he would be. Twitter's a powerful weapon sure, but its still a very niche weapon.

TriBel
TriBel
To give Trump his due "man woman person camera tv" is two words more than "Hands, face, space" and makes as much sense. Though TBH, neither of them can hold a candle to Keyser Söze.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
So because he has a certain personality, and kept repeating the same direct message over again they gave him their vote regardless of what he had to offer on the other issues or what sort of leader he would be.
I agree. Sorta like what Biden was doing at the debate.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
No. The Republican convention would be held again and they would nominate someone. If the election wasn't so close they would change out the names but unsure that would happen now.
Ah ok, as the current VP could Pence be put forward, or would he remain VP instead?

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Ah ok, as the current VP could Pence be put forward, or would he remain VP instead?
He could be put forward, I would assume he would be one. I don't know about the VP. Presumably he would be, but might not if he runs against someone that gets the nomination.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
No. The Republican convention would be held again and they would nominate someone.
Tim Scott!

There's been countless dodgy remarks or actions from him as you very well know.
No, if I knew, I wouldn't have asked.

Four years ago he kicked off his election bid by claiming that Obama wasn't born in the US and wasn't a American citizen.
That is not racist. Just because Obama is Black, that doesn't make criticism of him racist. There is no proof that was racially motivated rather than politically motivated.
There's the whole Wall Frisco which is clearly racially motivated and which he had the nerve to ask the Mexican government to fund.
Securing the border is not racist either. Who pays for it has nothing to do with it.

He has defended racist cops over their actions.
Cops are not automatically racist. Our president SHOULD support our police officers. Trump has denounced the actions of bad cops.

He attacks China every chance he gets, not just the government but the country as a whole.
He attacks the Chinese Communist Party. Which should be attacked. You want to see a racist government? Look at China. You want to see actual slavery? Look at China. Calling China on it's bad practices is not racist just because the country is located in Asia.

Call me when he does something actually racist. In the meantime, he's increased employment for minorities, increased wages for Black Americans, created the Platinum Plan, created opportunity zones to incentivize private investment into marginalized communities, actually instituted criminal justice reform (First Step Act), taken steps to curb illegal immigration which disproportionately hurts minorities, has championed restoring law and order in our cities when the current situation disproportionately hurts Black Americans, and has increased funding to historically black colleges.

I still think the bigger problem is of people being suckered in because they see a colourful character on TV or in the press who says some buzz words and claims to be talking for them
This was Obama to a T lol

And I don't mean "colourful" as in his race before anyone says something. I mean it in the way it was intended to describe Trump.

Spanky
Spanky
Anytime you do anything that adversely affects someone perceived as a minority then it is racist.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I just can't believe people are talking like Trump will actually die from this. It's crazy the hysteria this Chinese creates.

Buffy Summers
Buffy Summers
Survival rate for the over 70 is 95%
Top Bottom