• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Official Political Discussion Thread 4

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I've volunteered for the Russian vaccine trials for Covid in Canada.

I received my first shot today and wanted to let you all know that it’s completely safe with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι χoρoshό я чувствую себя немного странно и я думаю, что вытащил ослиные уши

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
@Taake is it the content or presentation you object to?

I think the underlying story is huge. Both this specific incident involving the Trump campaign but more widely the business model and tactics of technology companies like Facebook.

I only started half way through this watching live, so not 100% sure how the whole thing comes across. Channel 4 over here can be irritating but it's about the best we've got for a big news outlet that will do in depth reports.

Has anyone seen the Social Dilemma on Netflix? I knew a lot of it but there were still some really eye opening moments.

Taake
Taake
Presentation. I find this problem with most news outlets however

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
I predict both sides will declare themselves the winner and the other side the loser.

That said, is a teleprompter that different from flashcards or any other device used to help them remember what they're going to say? Yes, I'm aware Biden seems a bit confused a lot of the time, but smearing him for using an aid is hardly fair. There is a lot they have to keep on their minds in a debate like this.

Buffy Summers
Buffy Summers
It's him messing up what the teleprompter says that's funny :D
Spanky
Spanky
Yes, what the Boufay says. Not so much his reading the teleprompter but his failure to do so! LOL

white avenger

white avenger
I've said it before, and I'll say it again now. This election is going to be the biggest circus since P T Barnum joined up with the Ringling Brothers, and they may have to postpone the Inauguration just trying to verify and count all the mail in votes.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Mr Pot...meet Miss Kettle.

I didn't really hear anything anything from Trump though. It's not really pot meeting kettle unless you hear it. In this instance it's pot meet what someone says they heard the kettle say.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Satanic Panda
Black Thorn
I've said it before, and I'll say it again now. This election is going to be the biggest circus since P T Barnum joined up with the Ringling Brothers, and they may have to postpone the Inauguration just trying to verify and count all the mail in votes.
This is going to be dragged out for months. The whole thing is just plain nasty...and it would be helpful if Obama and Hillary would just stay the hell out of it.

white avenger

white avenger
and it would be helpful if Obama and Hillary would just stay the hell out of it.
Yeah, all this crap about how Trump might not abide with the election results, when Hillary hasn't stopped bi***ing about 2016 yet. Talk about double standards!
And I swear, the Democrats must be dancing for joy because of the pandemic and all these riots, because they sure couldn't find anything else bad to complain about for the last 4 years.

Except maybe losing control of the Supreme Court, the Electoral College, the Border Wall, the updated military, the growing economy, the fact that the scientists may have found a Covid vaccine in a quarter of the time such a thing would normally take (oh, God, PLEASE!!!) the death of the Islamic Terrorist hierarchy, and the new dialog with North Korea.

Just think how much more might ave been accomplished if Congress had actually cooperated instead of trying to impeach a duly elected President.

(Okay, Democrats, it's your turn. Rip me up. I can take it)

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Satanic Panda
Black Thorn
Yeah, all this crap about how Trump might not abide with the election results, when Hillary hasn't stopped bi***ing about 2016 yet. Talk about double standards!
And I swear, the Democrats must be dancing for joy because of the pandemic and all these riots, because they sure couldn't find anything else bad to complain about for the last 4 years.

Except maybe losing control of the Supreme Court, the Electoral College, the Border Wall, the updated military, the growing economy, the fact that the scientists may have found a Covid vaccine in a quarter of the time such a thing would normally take (oh, God, PLEASE!!!) the death of the Islamic Terrorist hierarchy, and the new dialog with North Korea.

Just think how much more might ave been accomplished if Congress had actually cooperated instead of trying to impeach a duly elected President.

(Okay, Democrats, it's your turn. Rip me up. I can take it)
I received my Voter Information booklet yesterday. It was so CUTE how it kept "encouraging" me to vote by mail. That ain't gonna happen, no way. Nope. I'll vote in person, thank you very much. And God help any protesters that might try to dissuade me from doing so. I've already planned to bring two of my exes with me, only because they're biker types who have anger management issues. It'll be a party.

I won't even go into how the media is portraying Biden as the next coming of Christ. Hopefully he'll be wearing his Life Alert bracelet during tonight's debate.

white avenger

white avenger
Well... to be fair... that's probably because of the amount of times people have sighed "oh, jesus" after he said something wonky.
They must be doing a lot of that, then, because everything he says after, "Hello, 'I'm Joe Biden," winds up being at least a little bit wonky.

I can't understand what the Democrats' strategy is here, unless it's mass self annihilation. They run a traitor against Trump in 2016 and a man in what seems to be first stage dementia in 2020, and they expect to win the White House (God, I hope I don't have to eat those words in a couple of months!) They're being called the "Dems" these days because they seem so dim WITTED.

Spanky
Spanky
I've never heard him say Hello, I'm Joe Biden. It's more like Hello, I'm Joe Biden?

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Satanic Panda
Black Thorn
I'm pretty sure my reaction to the upcoming debate will be similar to this quote from The Thick of It: Rise of the Nutters.

"Oh my God, this is like watching a lion rape a sheep, but in a bad way."

😂

white avenger

white avenger
Thirty minutes into the debate and
IT
IS
A
TRAIN
WRECK

The moderator is gonna have to go into psychotherapy as soon as the "debate" shuts down.

Top Bottom