• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Official Political Discussion Thread 4

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
They always cut Trump off when he starts speaking truths.

"because nobody shows up" LOL

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Sister to the Fates
Black Thorn
Thirty minutes into the debate and
IT
IS
A
TRAIN
WRECK

The moderator is gonna have to go into psychotherapy as soon as the "debate" shuts down.
I'm incredibly proud of our President right now. This is even better than I thought it would be.

And yes, that moderator needs Valium, stat! Its just too hilarious for words.

I'm pretty sure my reaction to the upcoming debate will be similar to this quote from The Thick of It: Rise of the Nutters.

"Oh my God, this is like watching a lion rape a sheep, but in a bad way."
Yep. Called it.

Last edited:

Mr Trick

Scooby
Sadly debates mean almost nothing when it comes to the final result. If they did Clinton would have won in 2016 as she kicked Trump's butt in 2 of the 3. Sounds like Trump had another meltdown to me. Even if he did win the debate I don't think you can read too much into it when it comes to the final result. I'm expecting it to be another close election. Biden is the slight favourite.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Biden actually is the one who lost his cool, but there was no winner between the two. It was fluff.

I was surprised that Biden actually called Trump a racist, but I guess I really shouldn't be, since Kamala Harris called Biden one when they debated.

white avenger

white avenger
Donald Trump is absolutely terrible as a debater. He can't stay on subject, and even when he does manage to, his answers are vague at best and almost incoherent at worst. Any relatively knowledgeable opponent could make him look like a dock worker trying to argue with a college professor about the philosophy of the ancient Greek culture.

But he is most certainly a fantastic arguer (if that word even exists) and is an absolute master of goading an opponent into a slap down, gutter crawling brawl that sounds almost like two Marines arguing over whether the Kabar knife is more effective than the Sykes-Fairburn dagger for a silent kill. (the Kabar is basically a Bowie knife and the Sykes-Fairburn is little more than a big letter opener, if you're interested)

Biden, just like Clinton four years ago, simply can't seem to realize that they can not either one brawl worth a damn. As long as they play by Trump's rules, enough of the American people will back him because they see him as one of their own standing up against "the man," and kicking his butt.

Four more years, baby!

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
I didn’t watch the debate, but I was watching an unrelated Youtube video this morning, for a school thing, and there was a clip of Biden from a couple of years ago strongly defending that marriage is between a man and a woman.

Now, that is not a Biden thing, but a politician thing, but I would kind of want a debate where they face old clips of themselves and have to at least own up to and explain their change in position when it comes to certain issues. That would be more interesting than bickering with whomever they’re opposing.

Buffy Summers
Buffy Summers
Hilary Clinton said the same thing.
T
thrasherpix
My cynicism of politicians reaches near George Carlin levels, but I agree, that's more interesting...for that matter, a pie eating contest between them would be more relevant than a debate, and also more interesting and less irritating, depressing.

TriBel

Scooby
Well...commiserations - that was embarrassing. Also, congratulations on making UK politicians look slightly less unhinged (an achievement in anyone's book).

"Data from Google reveals a significant increase in people search[ing] the words "move to New Zealand" on Google from the US today, as presidential candidates Donald Trump and Joe Biden sparred in their first televised debate. " 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Taake
Taake
lol, slightly less unhinged

Mr Trick

Scooby
Well I think there's strong evidence that Trump is a racist so I don't think Biden said anything left of field there. I agree that it was about 50-50. Trump is the better public speaker, but I think there was more substance to what Biden was saying. The most important thing right now in America is to fight racism, bring people together and make the country safe for people to work and go to school etc..

white avenger

white avenger
The most important thing right now in America is to fight racism, bring people together and make the country safe for people to work and go to school etc..
Important, yes, absolutely. But the largest issue for most of the voters is the economy, and, whether or not Trump is responsible for the reduced unemployment and more plentiful jobs as he claims, or is just riding the wave of success that Obama actually created, he is the President in a prosperous time, and that's what is gonna get him the votes.

Racism is a scab that people, black, white, brown, yellow, and every combination thereof, have been picking at for as long as there have been people. If we won't give it time to heal on its own, without interference, we shouldn't expect it to ever go away.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I'm not American so I don't really have an opinion but I'm watching the debate and Joe really just said "Shut up" to the President 😂

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Well...commiserations - that was embarrassing. Also, congratulations on making UK politicians look slightly less unhinged (an achievement in anyone's book).

"Data from Google reveals a significant increase in people search[ing] the words "move to New Zealand" on Google from the US today, as presidential candidates Donald Trump and Joe Biden sparred in their first televised debate. " 🤣🤣🤣🤣

They also have a Prime Minister who takes Coronavirus seriously and does what need to be done even if it's not the popular opinion, I can appreciate that in a person regardless of their actual politics.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Sister to the Fates
Black Thorn
What's probably going to happen is this: Trump will actually win, but Biden won't concede. For months. There will be protests, calls for a recount...Hillary and Obama will weigh in on a regular basis, many people will remain on unemployment, and basically, NOTHING will ever be settled.

I honestly don't think that we'll see an Inauguration for quite awhile. In the meantime, this country will witness acts of civil disobedience on a scale never before seen. It will be anarchy, and I don't really know how it can be avoided.

God, I hope I'm wrong.

white avenger

white avenger
What's probably going to happen is this: Trump will actually win, but Biden won't concede. For months.
Pretty much a replay of 2016. Hillary hasn't even now accepted the fact that she actually lost the election. Whether Trump wins, or Biden wins (shudder) we're gonna see the same thing play out again, only on a much larger scale, because this whole mail in vote plan is just a bad idea getting worse and worse as it goes on.

TriBel

Scooby
They also have a Prime Minister who takes Coronavirus seriously and does what need to be done even if it's not the popular opinion, I can appreciate that in a person regardless of their actual politics.
if you're talking about Jacinda Ardern...I completely agree :)

I'm not American so I don't really have an opinion but I'm watching the debate and Joe really just said "Shut up" to the President 😂
Nah...you can have an opinion even if you don't have a vote - particularly because of the "Leader of the Free World" malarkey. Albeit (according to Pew Research) that the "free world" doesn't actually care for Trump much. 🙄 In fact, I think the NY Times tried to hand the "title" to Angela Merkel but she rejected it.
God, I hope I'm wrong.
Hasn't Biden confirmed he'll concede when everything's counted? https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...s-trumps-peaceful-transfer-of-power-comments/

In fact, wasn't it raised last night and he reiterated it?

"When asked if he would pledge not to declare victory until the election has been “independently certified,” President Trump raised concerns about the election’s fairness, repeating unsubstantiated claims about poll watchers being turned away in Philadelphia. No poll watchers have been blocked from Philadelphia polling places, according to local journalists and officials. Joe Biden took a different approach to the same question, and said “I will accept it and he will too. You know why? Because once the winner is declared after all the ballots are counted, that’ll be the end of it.”
Video via @nbcbayarea" Trump does not commit to waiting until election results have been 'independently certified' before declaring victory while Biden says he will 'support' the outcome

Last edited:

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Sister to the Fates
Black Thorn
...you can have an opinion even if you don't have a vote - particularly because of the "Leader of the Free World" malarkey. Albeit (according to Pew Research) that the "free world" doesn't actually care for Trump much.
The "free world" may not care for Trump very much, but they're always the first ones to complain if America doesn't bail them out of some crisis or other. Its vaguely annoying, actually. 🤔

Top Bottom