• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Old gossips

paradiselost

Townie
Hello guys! This is my first time posting something on here, but I'm sure you can help me clarify something that I "found out" and that shocked me af: it's true that Amy Acker and Joss Whedon had an affair back in the days? I mean, he always seemed kinda obsessed with her and surely loved/loves her as an actress ... do you know something about this "gossip"? :eek::eek::eek::eek:o_Oo_O

Mrs Gordo
Mrs Gordo
Love your avatar!

thrasherpix

Scooby
Right or wrong, I feel sure that if a CREDIBLE source made this public then it would've been brought up in the multiple threads on Joss and his supposed affairs Kai mentions, so I'm inclined to dismiss this out of hand.

That said, welcome to BB. :)

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Unknowable. So far, the only source we have for Joss's infidelities is Kai and Joss, presumably, and the other women aren't talking. I will agree, she's a dead ringer for the type of actress described in Kai's letter, and Joss certainly appreciates the dancer's figure and feet, but we just don't know. Joss has worked with several thousand extras over the course of his career, so my guess would be that the other woman is a little more obscure than Amy, who was in the Shakespeare and Wine Company, if I'm not mistaken. You don't let your mistress come over every Sunday for wine.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Welcome to Buffy Boards. I actually am not Amy Acker (nor am I Joss Whedon - if I was boy howdy I would have done some THINGS differently on BtVS... and AtS...) so I have no clue what went on in these people's private lives. But I do know Amy Acker is a hell of an actress! And Joss Whedon is a great writer. :)

brinkster130
brinkster130
You're totally Amy!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I doubt it would be anyone we know. When they were looking for an actress to play Dawn, Sarah Michelle Gellar was the one who recommended Michelle Trachtenberg because they had worked together before and they were close friends. I doubt she would have done that if she had known about anything like that or if she had seen any predatory behaviour by Joss.

Alyson and Alexis are godparents to Joss' son Arden. I doubt they would have done that if they found anything they didn't like about Joss.

In the DVD commentaries, Joss mentions that he had 237 people working for him and there is no guarantee it was any of them. If Kai knew who it was, I doubt she would have held the information back. So far, she is unidentified.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
The only famous person I could really suspect is Summer Glau, whose career went from Waiting in the wings to Firefly in like less than six months. Joss also seems to fancy her feet a lot, which is the understatement of the year. But, obviously, I have no evidence. But, that would be the profile.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
My theory is Jeremy Renner! I mean, why was he some guest star on AtS and then suddenly he's got a huge role in The Avengers? What's that about? I think that's Joss' favoritism right there, giving an actor a part for no reason. It's disgusting! I'm disgusted with Joss for doing that to Jeremy, who was a struggling actor at the time.

Top Bottom