• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question One-on-one character interactions you wish we saw more of

telperion66

Potential
Which one-on-one character interactions were your favorites? Which ones would you have like to see more of?

I liked Angel and Oz together.

Buffy and Tara seemed to have a sweet friendship, it would have been nice to see more of them.

On Angel, I think a Faith and Cordy friendship would have been interesting.

I loved Gunn and Wes together and wish that friendship had survived better.

There are quite a few we might have seen more of. The Buffyverse mostly has a great chemistry between certain characters.

spikenbuffy
spikenbuffy
Great banner!!

telperion66

Potential
There are quite a few we might have seen more of. The Buffyverse mostly has a great chemistry between certain characters.
Well go on, then, if you push me, I might say the following:

* Angel and Buffy - they had the love of all loves that you could follow on screen. Their early interactions (which I'm currently reliving) are legendary, and will go down in the history of the franchise.

* Wesley and Connor - probably at their peak, two of my favourite characters. They are from very different backgrounds, but just in a circumstantial, monster-of-the-week setting could have gotten close as I'd have like to happen if the slaying of the Beast in season four had remained the narrative, rather than it be a fantasy.

* Lindsey and the scoobies - for example, if he'd have come back midway through season four and helped the gang working as an insider at Wolfram & Hart or something.

* Buffy and Wesley - I'd have liked for Wes' arc on Buffy to have been longer and prevailed as her Watcher. I enjoyed the scenes between these two while they were working together.

Black Thorn
Willow and Xander in the later seasons
Angel and Darla
Spike and Fred
Tara and Buffy
Spike/Tara and Dawn (since both of them became parental figures for her)
Anya and anyone else that is not Xander
Fred and Willow
Angel and Faith

* Angel and Buffy - they had the love of all loves that you could follow on screen. Their early interactions (which I'm currently reliving) are legendary, and will go down in the history of the franchise.
I feel I wouldn't have found their relationship so annoying if I was watching it when it was airing. 'The beautiful girl falling in love with brooding monster weirdo' trope is way too overdone for me to ever appreciate it properly.

Last edited:

white avenger

white avenger
I've always thought that, if Cordy had been allowed to stay around in Season 5, she and Spike would have had some interesting moments together. None of the others, except, of course, Harmony, had any real first hand knowledge of soulless Spike.

Also, since it would interfere not in the least with my primary ship, Jandy, a little Spaith action would have really heated up Season 5. Too bad Eliza was otherwise occupied with "Tru Calling."

Top Bottom