• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Only people who believe in Jesus are 'good'

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
Melissa Joan Hart recently told her 6-year-old son to be wary of people who don't believe in Jesus, which has sparked backlash online. The former "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" star discussed her Christianity on a new episode of the podcast "Journeys of Faith with Paula Faris."

Hart said she warned her son, whom she raises as a Presbyterian Christian, about people from other faiths before he switched from a Christian preschool to a traditional school. "We don't know if these people are good people. We don't know if they believe in Jesus," she said, as reported by USA Today. "And he really took the Jesus part to heart."

After Hart's son made friends with a Jewish boy, he asked his mother, "If you're Jewish, how do you get to heaven?" Hart said she had some "heated" discussions with the Jewish boy's mother after their children reached sixth grade: "Some problems came out of that," she said, but did not elaborate. Hart said that she reflected upon the warning she gave her son, but did not say whether she regretted it or not.

"When the mom called me with a problem in sixth grade I was like well, 'Do I regret telling my son that we don't know if people believe in Jesus, so we don't know their character?'" she told Faris. "'Is that a wrong thing to say? Did I set my son on the wrong path or was that the right thing to say and I should defend that?''

Many critics online blasted Hart for being anti-Semetic because "her specific example was involving a Jewish child." while others criticized Hart more generally for suggesting that anyone who's not a Christian cannot be a good person.

I'm glad I don't have kids and have to deal with any of this stuff.

Last edited:

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
Ugh. Sometimes religious people are the worst. Melissa should probably spend a little more time reading the bible before she lectures children on Jesus and good character.

spikenbuffy

"Look, it's blood, it's Summers blood. "
Yes it's the truth, only US (WE) Christians we are good unlike others

NeonSlayer

Potential
The Bible follows Jewish people over the course of 4,000 years. Jesus didn't come into it until the end of that journey. There was no such thing as Christian until him.

Adam & Eve, Noah, David & Sarah, Isaac & Rebekah, Job, John the Baptist, they were all Jewish.

DeepBlueJoy
DeepBlueJoy
Yes well. They forget Jesus is a Jew. I really hate all this religion measuring. If your faith is truly that powerful, you don't need to denegrate anyone else"s. Be transformed, not judmental. Some people learn the wrong lessons in church. Sigh.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Surely 6 yr old's can be taught a more nuanced moral code than that?

But then again what can we expect from the star of 'God's Not Dead 2' (The Re-undeadening!)

W

WillowFromBuffy

I guess the problem of free thought is that everybody believe that they're chosen lifestyle is morally superior to that of everyone else. Most people learn to be subtle about it. Cordelia said something about tact once.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
What she's teaching her child by extension is that anyone who believes (or appears to believe) in Jesus is a good person. That's dangerous and borderline neglectful. Staggering stupidity or at least it would be if the world wasn't full of morons.

brinkster130
brinkster130
Wait until she finds out about what's been going on with Catholic priests. O.o

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Hail Satan
I really, really love you right now. 😂

I predict this thread will be epic. Now excuse me, I have to find my black robes and ceremonial dagger. I wonder if I can find virgin blood on Amazon?

giphy.gif

GraceK
GraceK
I usually use Wish for all my Virginal blood needs
DeepBlueJoy
DeepBlueJoy
You can find anything on Amazon! Giggles with evil glee.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
How odd that we off Black Thorn are the greatest believers,
it is said that some have belief in a faith so diverse from main stream that they are welcomed.
Some of Black Thorn have belief in stuff that the Senior Partners often meet to discuss the, ' US '.

The few who are the ' US ' at present are just me, the tale I follow is this:
.. .. .. .. That God sent his valued son to teach humanity how to live, after 30 years the Italian army (Romans) murdered Jesus. So now the result is that God hates mankind as it was mankind who killed his son Jesus. It is said by him that only those who have led a life that is good can enter into Gods special place; Heaven. And those who do enter will receive a marker, a stamp to prove you have been let in and that marker is a soul. For no one of mankind has a soul: so sayeth God.
God does not mind that Melissa portrayed a witch as God created all and his word is the word. It is man who said thou shalt not permit a witch to live, and thereby chose to go against Gods word.

If there is such a place as hell it must be really full already what should happen. If an apocalypse took place now and the 8 billion or so people on earth died, how many would get into heaven - 1 maybe 2 hundred? And after all has been done, there are those who will remain as was,

And they are we of the House of Black Thorn. yipee

Those who requested to leave beware, those who wanted to be with this house they are the lucky ones.

In the words of the vampire Willow: Questions, comments?

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
From Acts 11:26

The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

The church at Antioch, 300 miles north of Jerusalem, was started about two years after the resurrection so there is one inescapable conclusion: Jesus never heard the word Christian in his life!

The idea that name-dropping and the nebulous definition of "believe in" have anything to do with how God judges you is contradicted by Jesus himself. Follow the rules of Jesus to move on to a better place. What you call yourself is irrelevant.

DeepBlueJoy
DeepBlueJoy
I follow Jesus. I cringe more and more & feel less and less comfortable calling myself christian when it seems mostly bigots use the name to exclude & to hurt anyone they view as "other". Meanwhile priests continue raping AND hearing confession. Sigh

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
In the bottom shot whose the atheist trying to put him off.
But in the top piccy Jesus is breaking a cardinal (?) rule, leaning over the table with a fag in is gob. He'll learn the ways of life real quick when the smoke gets in his eye, it'll hurt like the devil.

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
She comes across as really dense with her reasoning. I had no idea she was religious. If she's that dogmatic about it, I wonder if she had a problem with Sabrina the Teenage Witch? Or did she become religious later and look back on it more critically, like Robia LaMorte did with Buffy?

Top Bottom