• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Original Script for Angel's Appearance on Chosen

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
@EarthLogic pointed out in a separate thread that the Chosen Wiki says the following:
  • In the original script the conversation between Buffy and Angel was supposed to be longer making Angel reveal to Buffy that he loved Cordelia and also that he had a son, making Buffy the only one that knew of Connor. This was ultimately changed so not to confuse too much of Angel's storyline with Buffy's.
I have never read anything regarding a transcript that contained this dialogue. Does anyone out there in the fandom have any insider's knowledge or remember any stories regarding an earlier version of the script that had this dialogue in the script? There are no citations so I wonder where it came from.

Also side note - how would you have felt if they had included this additional information in the script?

flow

Scooby
It is not in the shooting script that you can find on Buffyworld:

http://www.buffyworld.com/buffy/scripts/144_scri.html.

Therefore it could only have been an idea before they actually started to write the shooting script. I doubt it though, because it would seem almost cruel that Angel comes to Sunnydale on the evening before Buffys most important battle to tell her he has finally moved on, although his beloved is now in a coma. He didn`t even tell Cordy "I love you", why should he tell Buffy ?

He also went to great lengths, to wipe Connor from thememory of everyone, who ever met him. Why should he start talking about him to someone who never did ?

I do want to know, though, where those rumors come from and if the have at least a bit of susbstance, because maybe they really thought along that line and then dismissed it.

flow

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I'm sure it probably was in the original script, but there's a lot of things that are always in the original script that never make it out of first draft.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Also side note - how would you have felt if they had included this additional information in the script?
I wouldn't have enjoyed it very much as I think that Angel's personal life, and especially Connor, isn't really Buffy's concern. It would have felt too much like fanfiction!

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
. He didn`t even tell Cordy "I love you", why should he tell Buffy ?
Yeah that was my line of thought as well. BUT then again, the only person that Buffy ever told that she loved Riley to was Angel so maybe its like a habit with these two. Maybe she'll tell Angel she loves Spike in the next comic book issue. ;)

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
In the original script the conversation between Buffy and Angel was supposed to be longer making Angel reveal to Buffy that he loved Cordelia and also that he had a son, making Buffy the only one that knew of Connor. This was ultimately changed so not to confuse too much of Angel's storyline with Buffy's.
Uh... what about Willow in Orpheus? Faith?

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Uh... what about Willow in Orpheus? Faith?
I think this means the only one post memory wipe that knew of Connor. In home it all gets wiped clean. And if he told Buffy then she would be the only one who knew. I would kinda like that. To feel that he could share that with her a heavy burden. Sometime Buffy would undoubtedly understand given her Dawn situation.

Puppet
Puppet
Ha, thanks, me, too. Definitely not getting sick of it just yet :D

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I think this means the only one post memory wipe that knew of Connor. In home it all gets wiped clean. And if he told Buffy then she would be the only one who knew. I would kinda like that. To feel that he could share that with her a heavy burden. Sometime Buffy would undoubtedly understand given her Dawn situation.
Oh right, sorry, forgot about Home for a moment there, lol. I got confused.

Mrs Gordo
Mrs Gordo
Freaking LOVE YOUR BANNER.... <3 <3 <3
W

WillowFromBuffy

how would you have felt if they had included this additional information in the script?
Would that have made Cangel into a very elaborate revenge plan for Buffy's comment about Riley in Sanctuary? "

BuffyBot22

Scooby
Yeah that was my line of thought as well. BUT then again, the only person that Buffy ever told that she loved Riley to was Angel so maybe its like a habit with these two. Maybe she'll tell Angel she loves Spike in the next comic book issue. ;)
I thought Buffy said she has someone in her life who loves her and who she can trust. Am I forgetting something? I know the convo was in Sanctuary, but I thought it was about Riley loving her. I might be wrong...

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Would that have made Cangel into a very elaborate revenge plan for Buffy's comment about Riley in Sanctuary? "
LOL ... "three years later... I got you now Buff..."

I thought Buffy said she has someone in her life who loves her and who she can trust. Am I forgetting something? I know the convo was in Sanctuary, but I thought it was about Riley loving her. I might be wrong...

"I have someone in my life now. That I love." - From Buffyworld scripts.

She says that she loves Riley. I think she only says it out of anger but you know ;)

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn

She says that she loves Riley. I think she only says it out of anger but you know ;)
To step off-topic for a second, I love that the only time she says she loves Riley, it's to her ex. What does that tell you? ;)
I would say poor Riley...but I wouldn't mean it.

BuffyBot22

Scooby

Damn, she does say it. I remember now. I must have blocked it from my memory because I just assumed she was saying it to get back at Angel for helping Faith because she felt gutted and jealous by seeing him hugging her sworn enemy. Because she certainly never told Riley.

W

WillowFromBuffy

To step off-topic for a second, I love that the only time she says she loves Riley, it's to her ex. What does that tell you? ;)
I would say poor Riley...but I wouldn't mean it.
I can forgive Buffy for kicking below the belt. Damn that Faith :mad:

EarthLogic

Scooby
Black Thorn
I'd have hated it. It would have overstuffed an already overstuffed episode and it just wouldn't make sense for Angel to drop two massive bombshells then just leave (unless of course it's revenge against Briley:p). As it is I found elements of his characterisation off in the episode. However if it was just an idea in the first draft then it's possible Joss initially intended for Angel to play a bigger role in the finale, in which case it could have been revealed differently. After all we know the brevity of the scene we eventually got in Chosen was due to DB only being available to film for 7 hours.

NileQT87

Billowy Coat, King of Pain
This is likely the wishful thinking of a Cangel 'shipper upset with Chosen's Bangel scene. Sorry, kids. It's most certainly not in Joss Whedon's April 3, 2003 white draft for Chosen.

These drafts have MANY deleted scenes and snipped lines of dialog (most of those are purely trimmed for time), but this isn't in it.

I have the scripts on my computer and have read quite a few of them.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Wouldn't Angel telling Buffy that he loved Cordy kind of made the whole cookie dough scene kind of strange?
It would, the whole scene would have been very different. One wonders when the cookie dough speech was thought up. I know Marti was the one who came up with it.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
It is small talk, and a nice touch. Plus mentioning the fate of a character who on the show for three years, would have been a nice touch as well.

Top Bottom