• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Original Script for Angel's Appearance on Chosen

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
It is small talk, and a nice touch. Plus mentioning the fate of a character who on the show for three years, would have been a nice touch as well.
Small talk would’ve been:

Buffy: how are wes and Cordy?
Angel: Cordy is in a coma.
Buffy: sad to hear.

Not:
Angel: So I’ve been busy had a son fell in love with Cordy. What’s up with you?

FaithLehane16
FaithLehane16
Angel's son did fall for Cordy though haha.

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
What would be the point of Angel telling Buffy he loved Cordy? Cordelia is in a coma and if she wasn't he cprobebl;y wouldn't be with her because he can't be with the girls he love. I don't think this is a real script idea.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I'm not a fan of this. Angel's life is not Buffy's life. This is not S4 Sanctuary where their lives are still a little bit intertwined with their feelings and ex's can pettily throw their new beau in the other's face to see if they twitch.
It wouldn't be appropriate for Angel to show up, info dump about his life, and then go 'hey, good luck with that apocalypse. I've got something for that. Could come in handy. Bu-bye!'

I think I'm in the minority who thinks their on-screen interaction is just about perfect, even the cookie dough speech.
To me they still feel like a couple, in the way they interact. It's the difference between the 'sexual tension/awkwardness' we've been exposed to for most of the season, and more like 'romantic chemistry'.

except to make Angel seem petty.
MORE petty. Angel was a little petty in 'Chosen'. And a hipster apparently.

NeonSlayer

Potential
* In Chosen Angel made it clear he is ready to get back together with Buffy any time she wants.
* In AtS s5 Angel spends the season "waiting patiently" for Buffy to take him back, fights other suitors, dreams about her, uses WR&H resources to keep an eye on her, calls what they have "a forever love".
* In BtVS s8 Angel spends the year trying to get Buffy to ascend alongside him and it's made clear in canon instead of just writer interviews that they're soulmates.
* In A&F (corresponding with BtVS s9) Angel still pines for Buffy and tells Spike he hasn't moved on, Faith says he's still "hung up" on Buffy, he wistfully thinks about IWRY.
* In BtVS s10 Angel still hopes Buffy will take him back and says he'll wait for his chance, he nearly cries seeing her hold Spike's hand.

Cangel doesn't fit the narrative. That dialogue is as OOC to Angel's arc & the Buffyverse as the C/A in AtS s3-4 & You're Welcome. It puts aside and contradicts an established overall arc to promote something that was never well thought out. Dangel worked well as an inverse to Bangel so they created Cangel, a plagerized Bangel that would have a gender reverse of the "my significant other goes evil and I have to kill 'em in the finale to save the world" storyline.

Last edited:
W

WillowFromBuffy

* In Chosen Angel made it clear he is ready to get back together with Buffy any time she wants.
Does he? The scene makes it seem as though Buffy turns Angel down because she needs time to figure things out, but Angel says nothing about having changed his mind. It was he who decided that Buffy should be with someone else. Would Angel now come back to Sunnydale if Buffy asked him?

NeonSlayer

Potential
Does he? The scene makes it seem as though Buffy turns Angel down because she needs time to figure things out, but Angel says nothing about having changed his mind. It was he who decided that Buffy should be with someone else. Would Angel now come back to Sunnydale if Buffy asked him?
Angel kissed her, grilled her about her romantic life, was jealous of Spike for being with her, asked "Any thoughts on who might enjoy...?" (he wanted to be the one to eat her cookies), said "Sometimes is something" when she made it clear she still sometimes thinks that far ahead (callback to Bad Eggs when Buffy told Angel when she looks at the future he's all she sees & wants) and told her "I'm not getting any older" (as in, he'll wait for her).

AtS s5 is what cemented it. He flat out says in The Girl in Question he was waiting for her to find herself so she could become cookies and they could get back together. Many of his fights with Spike are about who deserves to be with Buffy. He has a nightmare in which she recites lines from their breakup episode.

I think Angel would do what was necessary for the relationship to work. Probably commute, both of them. Buffy was an LA native. It was her home before it was his.

Top Bottom