• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Over the Hill

HoshiReed

Townie
I'm over 40 so I remember first run.

Does anyone have a good recommend of a clip library to make fan vids? I'm mostly looking for Giles/Jenny for a vid idea that is burning in mind but all clips will do as I have plenty of ideas.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Welcome! I hope you enjoy BB and stick around :)

I dont do the vid things, too old to grow up with that tech, too young to get away with avoidance, but there are plenty here that i am sure can help you. @caitaintdead does some of the best buffy vids I have seen and seems to collaborate so she might have some sources for ya. When it comes to the soppy shipping side, maybe @WillowFromBuffy or @RachM . Lots of talented tech artists here and they have all been generous in my experience. Goodluck with your project! Make sure you share it here :)

caitaintdead
caitaintdead
Thanks!!!
W

WillowFromBuffy

I collect all the clips for my soppy videos myself from illegally torrented full version DVD rips. I don't think we're supposed to talk about those kinds of things here. It never occurred to me that clip libraries were a thing.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Welcome to the boards! You will find a lot of knowledgeable people here and fan images and fan videos come up quite often. The forum itself is one of the most civilized fan forums anywhere so feel free to converse with us.

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
Welcome, and yes let's keep the talk to legal ways to make videos

Kratos

Potential
Welcome. Interesting to hear that you have ideas for fanvids. I know little about them, but I enjoy watching some on YouTube.

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
Over 40 here too!!! But don't tell anyone 😜
Welcome to BB :)

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Being 'over 40' is a distant memory for me.... :D

Hello there! Welcome to the Boards.....Do come & join the party, there are quite a few of us that remember it's first showing :)

Your username....is that Hoshi as in Hoshi Sato?

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
I'm guessing it's a Hoshi Sato & Malcom Reed ship name 🤔

HoshiReed

Townie
Welcome! I hope you enjoy BB and stick around :)

I dont do the vid things, too old to grow up with that tech, too young to get away with avoidance, but there are plenty here that i am sure can help you. @caitaintdead does some of the best buffy vids I have seen and seems to collaborate so she might have some sources for ya. When it comes to the soppy shipping side, maybe @WillowFromBuffy or @RachM . Lots of talented tech artists here and they have all been generous in my experience. Goodluck with your project! Make sure you share it here :)
I use to vid with two VCR's and liberal use of tape swap and the pause button.

I collect all the clips for my soppy videos myself from illegally torrented full version DVD rips. I don't think we're supposed to talk about those kinds of things here. It never occurred to me that clip libraries were a thing.
Tehehe, so much easier nowadays. Before high speed, dial-up couldn't handle it so we had to buy VCD's and MPEGS that were burnt onto CD's (700MB) and snail mailed to us if we wanted to vid. Back then, dial up could only handle clips and so clip libraries use to be a great source for vidders. I was hoping that they could still be around. I mean wavcentral still exists for farscape and other sound clips

Welcome. Interesting to hear that you have ideas for fanvids. I know little about them, but I enjoy watching some on YouTube.
I am currently dealing with a few bunnies that have latched on. One is to deal with those who hate on The Rookie (John/Lucy) age difference and I was trying to vid

Shield's Colson/Audrey (14 years) - and May/Ward (She is 20 years older),
Buffy's Giles/Jenny (16 years) and Spuffy (15 years)
Perception's Daniel/Kate (16 years)
Selfie's Henry/Eliza (15 years)
Stargate SG-1's Sam/Jack (15 years)
Stargate Universe's Nicolas Rush/Amanda Perry (21 years)
Eureka's Jo/Taggart (21 years)
Once Upon a Time's Belle/Gold (20 years)
Dexter's Lundy/Debra (30 years)
Falling Skies's Ben/Maggie (She is 14 years older)
Doctor Who's 11/River (She is 20 years older)

Being 'over 40' is a distant memory for me.... :D

Hello there! Welcome to the Boards.....Do come & join the party, there are quite a few of us that remember it's first showing :)

Your username....is that Hoshi as in Hoshi Sato?
My Great-Grandfather called me ChibiHoshi - his little star (I'm only an eighth Japanese but he adored me while my sister was the favorite of the Chinese side of the family and was Kay Sing - Pretty One)
Reed was my first Crush - Jessie Reed. She had no clue I existed.

Ironically, I ship Hoshi with EVERYONE - Delusions by Dominatreks is probably my favorite fan fic (A Hoshi/Archer ship fic) with the Protector's Series by Shi Shi coming in second (Hoshi/Malcolm).

Last edited:
Octavia
Octavia
You have good taste in fandom!

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I use @Jam 's blog BTVS in HD for all of my vidding needs. She has gone through the work and effort to make all of the HD versions of BTVS available as well as HD of AtS s5 available for download and you can cut/edit from there. The rest of AtS is also available but unfortunately, there is no HD version. Happy vidding! :)

Top Bottom