• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Oz or Tara.

thrasherpix

Scooby
If I were the writer, I'd go with Tara, at least going with the same story otherwise. The Initiative is after Oz, and it would make sense for him to leave Sunnydale anyway. And on a less pragmatic level, I wouldn't want to sabotage a relationship (via my writing) into being a cliche college experiment, either.

However, leaving it up in the air to explore it would be my preference, only to do that they'd need to delay Oz turning into a werewolf & being taken by the Initiative. It should've been a two-parter given their relationship and his character to date, IMO, though it could be mixed with other stories at the same time. Writing Willow as she considers her feelings for both would be an interesting challenge...one I'd accept, though I'd have to find certain people to talk to.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
If I were the writer, I'd go with Tara, at least going with the same story otherwise. The Initiative is after Oz, and it would make sense for him to leave Sunnydale anyway. And on a less pragmatic level, I wouldn't want to sabotage a relationship (via my writing) into being a cliche college experiment, either.

However, leaving it up in the air to explore it would be my preference, only to do that they'd need to delay Oz turning into a werewolf & being taken by the Initiative. It should've been a two-parter given their relationship and his character to date, IMO, though it could be mixed with other stories at the same time. Writing Willow as she considers her feelings for both would be an interesting challenge...one I'd accept, though I'd have to find certain people to talk to.
Good points on both ends!
It would be interesting but I just loved Willow and Tara together. They were magic that's why I will choose Tara every time.

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
Willow had a connection with Tara that she didn't have with Oz- more in common, such as witchcraft and overall same wavelength (think of insect reflection joke from Tara in season 5). Not to mention that Oz didn't like Willow practicing witchcraft.
Willow grew more as a character and with confidence with being with Tara. Was beneficial for Tara being with Willow too.

Oz was still good for Willow, to a point. But Willow and Oz had both cheated on each other at some point. Willow adored Tara to pieces, to the point she didn't want a world to exist without her.

Team Tara all the way.

Puppet
Puppet
[No message]
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
amen sister!

TotallySpiked

Slaying
Black Thorn
I always preferred the character of Oz. I just think it was due to the way Seth Green brought an element of cool to Oz without being over the top.
The character of Tara did nothing for me. I found her relationship with Willow quite out of the blue and always thought of her as quite one dimensional and boring.
So my pick would be Oz.

W

WillowFromBuffy

Oz was great. Perhaps a little too great. Oz was older. He had more friends. He was more sexually experienced. He was extremely patient and understanding. The result was that he did not give Willow much opportunity to grow. It was always him taking care of her.

Willow and Tara were different. It is so great to see Willow being protective of Tara. They share similar interests. And most importantly, Tara is like a 100 times prettier than Oz.

Blair
Blair
Oz did have great hair though
FaithLehane16
FaithLehane16
Oz is prettier.
NeonSlayer
NeonSlayer
Would much prefer a Tillow sex scene to a Woz one!

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Willow had a connection with Tara that she didn't have with Oz- more in common, such as witchcraft and overall same wavelength (think of insect reflection joke from Tara in season 5). Not to mention that Oz didn't like Willow practicing witchcraft.
Willow grew more as a character and with confidence with being with Tara. Was beneficial for Tara being with Willow too.

Oz was still good for Willow, to a point. But Willow and Oz had both cheated on each other at some point. Willow adored Tara to pieces, to the point she didn't want a world to exist without her.

Team Tara all the way.

I 100% agree with this. I don't feel Willow had as deep a connection with Oz. They were a cute couple sure and I was rooting for them but Willow and Tara felt deep and real and changed tv forever. I'm team Tara too

I always preferred the character of Oz. I just think it was due to the way Seth Green brought an element of cool to Oz without being over the top.
The character of Tara did nothing for me. I found her relationship with Willow quite out of the blue and always thought of her as quite one dimensional and boring.
So my pick would be Oz.

Interesting . That's a new viewpoint on Tara. I'd argue though that at a lot of times Oz wasn't the most interesting character either. I liked him but I just loved loved Tara.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Like Willow, I had moved on from Oz by the time New Moon Rising came along. I didn't love Tara as much as I do now, but I had certainly already fallen for Tillow and was rooting for them.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Like Willow, I had moved on from Oz by the time New Moon Rising came along. I didn't love Tara as much as I do now, but I had certainly already fallen for Tillow and was rooting for them.
In New Moon Rising was the first episode where I rooted hardcore for Tara. Willow and Tara's relationship began really meaning something by that episode which made me root for them.
Agreed I liked Oz but I had also moved on and his departure didn't affect me too much anyways.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
I choose Tara. I never really warmed to Oz, he was kind of just there and didn't really do much except wolf out every now and then.
Oz was a cute character but your right. He didn't say much or add much to the story where as Tara did for sure.
Oz and Seth Green was really starting to find his stride in S4 but then Oz was gone and by the time he came back so much had happened that I didn't want him back.

TotallySpiked

Slaying
Black Thorn
I 100% agree with this. I don't feel Willow had as deep a connection with Oz. They were a cute couple sure and I was rooting for them but Willow and Tara felt deep and real and changed tv forever. I'm team Tara too

Interesting . That's a new viewpoint on Tara. I'd argue though that at a lot of times Oz wasn't the most interesting character either. I liked him but I just loved loved Tara.
I really tried to like her because everyone else seemed to see something in her I just didn't. It's been quite a few years now since I started watching the show and I still can't see it! Haha so I'll guess I'll just be in the minority but that's okay.

Priceless

Scooby
It took me a long time to warm to Tara. She was so similar to S1 Willow that I thought we'd already seen this character and she was only being used as a comparison to an early version of Willow, to show how much Willow'd changed. I also thought Tara was written as completely lovable and sweet because she was gay and they needed the audience to like her because she was going to help take Willow in a totally new direction. Tara was so perfect, with so few flaws, it's made it almost impossible for Willow to move on and find someone who could measure up and that's a terrible shame for her character growth.

After many rewatches I did begin to warm to Tara and see her more as an individual. Though to be honest it was fanfic that showed me a different Tara, who could have become Buffy's closest confidant . . .

I thought both Oz and Tara lacked compelling personalites as both were pretty flawless, so it makes it hard to choose, but I think Willow would choose Tara.

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Wow this is harder than Spike or Angel for Buffy! :eek:

I would have to go with Tara because I think Willow loved her a little more. Oz was her first real love (I don't count Xander as they never officially dated) and I completely adore their relationship but if I had to create a Willow heaven, I would make her be with Tara. I think Oz was her first love but Tara was her soul-mate.

Priceless
Priceless
Actually a lot like Buffy then :-)

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
I really tried to like her because everyone else seemed to see something in her I just didn't. It's been quite a few years now since I started watching the show and I still can't see it! Haha so I'll guess I'll just be in the minority but that's okay.
Everyone has different taste !

Wow this is harder than Spike or Angel for Buffy! :eek:

I would have to go with Tara because I think Willow loved her a little more. Oz was her first real love (I don't count Xander as they never officially dated) and I completely adore their relationship but if I had to create a Willow heaven, I would make her be with Tara. I think Oz was her first love but Tara was her soul-mate.
Oz imo was a good and healthy relationship to make Willow's confidence higher and to get her out of her shyness but I think Tara was more love while Oz was more for storyline.

Top Bottom