• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Please Read: Using Avatars On Other Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faith

Bite Me!
Staff member
Black Thorn
I have just spent my entire evening trawling through mostly pro boards which were added to our webgallery. And I am not amused but what I have found.

It has been discovered that several of those sites have been directly linking to our avatars, thus using up our bandwidth. In some cases it has been the forum admins who have placed the them in their gallery, but it has also been the case where individuals have placed them in themselves.

The site staff would like to make the following point clear:

Anyone from this point on, caught using our avatars outwith the site will be banned immediatly. These images were made for our exclusive use and took time, if you want an avatar then acquire it yourself. This is a serious matter and is not looked upon kindly.

Willow03

Hell hath no fury....
wait, does this mean that we can only use the avatars from this board on this board? We can't use them anywhere else? ok

Faith

Bite Me!
Staff member
Black Thorn
Yes thats exactly what it means. These images are for our use only since they were made by Buffy Summers. And when they are linked direct it uses up our bandwidth costing more. So I suggest if you are using them elsewhere to stop now.

We don't think this is too much too ask considering they belong to us.

Faith

Bite Me!
Staff member
Black Thorn
Just thought that i'd bring this to your attention again seeing as it was on the second page.

AngelsSweetie

Potential
is it okay if we don't direct link but save them to our own computer.. I have used I think like 2 from this site, but I saved them to my own computer and uploaded them..

Initiative

!!Buffy Fan Forever!!
Hi, I'm new this forum! I'm a major fun of the actress Sarah Michelle Gellar! Thing is, I am very good with making websites and have had alot of trouble with people direct linking! It's a major pain in the ass. The way I deal with it is, SHOOT ANYONE WHO EVEN MENTIONS DIRECT LINKING ::evil2:: Hehehe

Faith

Bite Me!
Staff member
Black Thorn
Initiative said:
The way I deal with it is, SHOOT ANYONE WHO EVEN MENTIONS DIRECT LINKING ::evil2:: Hehehe
Then that leads to all sorts of legal problems ;) Come on, we're the Senior Partners...we've thought about it :D

D
DrusillaRox
you're the senior partners.....just send a dragon after them (sw)

Initiative

!!Buffy Fan Forever!!
Hmmm.... Maybe Not, Banning them may be a better Idea! Although they can always come back as a new user! Maybe banning their IP would be a good idea.

Just out of curiosity, How old is the oldest admin? Should I look on their profile?

Ekkk... Sorry for posting in bold, I'm so stupid at times ::angel::

Faith

Bite Me!
Staff member
Black Thorn
Initiative said:
Hmmm.... Maybe Not, Banning them may be a better Idea! Although they can always come back as a new user! Maybe banning their IP would be a good idea.

Just out of curiosity, How old is the oldest admin? Should I look on their profile?

Ekkk... Sorry for posting in bold, I'm so stupid at times ::angel::
Yes we ban by IP address. As for the oldest admin thats not really a question i'm prepared to answer since I don't see the relevance, and well its not me so its not my place to say. It might be in the profiles it might not be, its up to each individual to decide whether or not they want to disclose their age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom