• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Politics and presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Talk about these things here so that the Coronavirus thread will have more discussions related to the Coronavirus itself and less about politics.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Posting this warning now: If it turns personal, and you cannot respect another person's opinion without being civil, it will closed.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
The politics of the last couple of decades shows that the two-party system in the US has some fundamental flaws. There can be gentlemen's agreements to not raise certain subjects and immigration and offshoring are examples of two cans that have been kicked down the road for the last five decades. If you had a third party that was an underdog, it would benefit from being able to take the subjects of these agreements and put them on the front page of every newspaper so the subjects would have to be addressed because an underdog would benefit from exposing agreements from the ruling party and the second party. You would not be susceptible to false dichotomies and therefore, it would be far less likely that the American culture could be polarized into three camps rather than two.

The party system itself is a major problem. Out of 330,000,000 Americans, how did you end up with a couple of bozo's as presidential candidates? Was there no one better?

There is a fundamental financial instability in that America is not in charge of its own money supply. It borrows from the Federal Reserve Bank (which is neither federal, nor does it use reserves, nor is it a bank) by issuing Treasury Bills with interest payable at an amount set by the FED. The only way to pay back the interest owing is to reduce the value of the dollar so when the FED raises rates in an effort to "curb inflation", most people don't realize that the interest is the inflation. This causes instability in the markets and all efforts to stabilize the value of money have been undermined by financiers who want to keep a lot of instability so they can benefit from the ups and downs. Banning trading on derivatives was a good idea - but politicians could not stand up to the financiers.

I'm not saying that the occupant of the White House doesn't have any power - but to expect an election to fix fundamental structural problems in American politics is ludicrous.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
This seems kind of apt in today's political climate with BLM turning on any black person that doesn't conform to their ideology.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
This is part and parcel of allowing a small number of people on twitter to determine the direction of your network. And/or campaign.
Exactly. I think Hollywood is starting to see how fickle and unable to be pleased some of them are. Hopefully more will come to their senses and stop bowing down to the vocal minority on social media.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Hopefully more will come to their senses and stop bowing down to the vocal minority on social media.
That is certainly the hope. I think the Chaz experiment and the mass rioting and lootings plus the censorship going on on social media is showing people just how insane the left really is.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Chaz Bono?! 😲

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I stumbled across this video... it's pretty good

Some of the things that happened to this guy is also echoed by Gabriel Nadales when he started to question things.

Mr Trick

Scooby
That is certainly the hope. I think the Chaz experiment and the mass rioting and lootings plus the censorship going on on social media is showing people just how insane the left really is.
Not really. The mass rioting and looting is a lot more complex than just being dismissed as a social media trend pushed by the left. I think a lot of people on the right are using that to deflect attention off a certain President. And using it to deflect attention away from the issue of racism.

There are good and bad things about social media. I remind people that there's strong evidence of people on right using it for political gain. The whole Russian business with Trump is very dodgy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom