• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Positive/Negative (S3)

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
Here we go again, this continues to be a lot of fun, seeing what different members think about different episodes :)

Anne

Positive; I love the Bronze scene where Willow talks about Buffy and Xander originally confuses her with Cordelia, very funny, plus I love pre-fluke Xandelia in this season.

Negative; I stand by this, as I do with the S2 premiere; should have been a two-parter. It doesn't help that the immediate following episode is so weak in comparison.

sosa lola

Scooby
Day 1 - Anne

Positive - I love the Joyce/Giles scene. Joyce wasn't wrong. This man had been sending her little girl out to fight freakin' demons and vampires! And he ordered her to never tell her mother.

Negative - I really dislike Buffy's hair. Also, I dislike S3's colors, so dull and lifeless.

Puppet
Puppet
Those nearly white streaks are definitely a product of the times (my sister had them, too)
AnthonyCordova
AnthonyCordova
I dislike Buffy's hair this episode too.

spikenbuffy

My true nature. You want a taste ?
Day 1 : Anne

Positive : Amazing episode of Buffy's character, "Back to freedom" music. Plus Buffy dream of Angel in the beach is sad but sweet.
Negative : Anne blaming Buffy is irritating.

Taake

Maybe it was taquitos. Maybe he lived for taquitos
Staff member
Black Thorn
Anne
Positive;
Buffy kicks ass in the otherworld scene. Love the stunts, love the whole thing.

Negative; Opposite of Sosa Lola here, Joyce/Giles scene. I'm not wholly unsympathetic to Joyce, but she's a neglectful parent at best... if she'd been paying more attention to her little girl maybe Giles wouldn't have been able to send Buffy out without Joyce knowing about it. Take some responsibility woman. You have parental responsibility, he does not.

spikenbuffy
spikenbuffy
Agree about all, negative and positve

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Anne:

Positive: I really like this episode and it focusses well on the theme of dentity without being too over the top about it. My two favourite moments are when Buffy re-embraces her identity as the slayer rather than hiding behind the mask of Anne (her eyes light up), the other moment is when Buffy returns home. She knocks at the door and just waits for Joyce's reaction.

Negative: The maths of Ken's operation doesn't work out. Ken would have to kidnap runaways every single day to keep the mines full. He'd eventually run out of runaways.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Anne:
Positive: I think this is a masterful episode top to bottom. My favorite part is DEFINITELY when Buffy says "I'm Buffy the Vampire Slayer" - I'm always like "yeah you are!!" I love my girl.
Negative: I'm going to echo some of the above in that Joyce is really kinda out of line with Giles. I mean I understand her frustration and anger but Buffy ran away and Giles may be a father figure but he is not actually her father. I just think Joyce is out of line.

spikenbuffy
spikenbuffy
Sweet new banner of Bangel in Amends

spikenbuffy

Day 2 : Dead Man Party

Positive : Giles definitely, the way he looks at Buffy at his door or is amazed in his kitchen to see Buffy again is amazing and he understands what Buffy wants, love Willow "We might as well try some violence" and then a zombie smashes though the living room lol. Also Joyce, I can understand her, she was worried about Buffy, so it's okay for her to be kind of angry that Buffy didn't at least call her to say she was fine.

Negative : Xander, Willow and Cordy "Freak of nature". Giles was right, it's a kind of meeting that Buffy needs and surely wants, not a party with loud music where her friends avoids her.

sosa lola

Scooby
Dead Man's Party

Positive: Oz explaining the difference between a gathering, a shindig and a hootenanny. That was my brother's favorite scene in the show and it was just so funny. We always quote this scene.

Negative: The gang inviting all these strangers to Buffy's house without asking her and her mother first. That was simply bad taste and inappropriate.

Puppet

Black Thorn
Dead Man's Party

Positive; The argument/fight right before the zombies' attack, I love it. It's so painful, so harsh and emotional, it hits right in the sweet spot for me.

Negative; That there was no real scene where they deal with the aforementioned fight. The attack happens and afterward, everything is just fine. This is a problem the show continues to have throughout, and have done in the past, with examples like Jesse's death and When She Was Bad.

sosa lola
sosa lola
Also later in Empty Places. No aftermath.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Dead Man's Party

Positive: "Do you like my mask? It raises the dead. Americans!" Also Buffy's dress.

Negative: The scoobies, particularly Xander. I hate how the Scoobies decided to throw a party at Buffy's house with neither Joyce nor Buffy's permission (Buffy was laying the table which suggests that Neither of them knew about the party until people just started turning up). Also the fact that Xander just blanks Buffy when she tries to talk to him then has a complete go at her in front of everyone (making everybody uncomfortable to the point that some guests were actually leaving). Willow and Joyce I can forgive. Willow initially blanked Buffy but then went to apologise and talk to her whilst Joyce walked in at the wrong moment and went into panic mode when she thought Buffy was about to run away again. However Xander decided to metaphorically kick Buffy whilst she was down.

spikenbuffy

Day 3 : Faith, Hope & Trick

Positive : Mr Trick has charism, Faith 's appearance, taquitos lol
Negative : The jerk, Scott is there lol, Faith talking about the Bangel relationship by Buffy's friends words. Saying that Buffy escaped the town rather than deal with her problems.

Puppet

Black Thorn
Faith, Hope & Trick

Positive; Faith's introduction, so different from Kendra's in the previous season. And I love Oz's line; "I think it's safe to say there's another Slayer in town."

Negative; I'm just supposed to believe that Scott happened upon the same ring that Angel gave Buffy? Lame.

BuffyBot22

Scooby
Anne
Positive:
"I'm Buffy the vampire slayer, and you are?" Such a badass!!
Negative: Joyce was completely out of line with Giles.

Dead Man's Party
Positive:
Willow and Buffy's talk in her room. They were actually being honest and making some real progress and then BOOM here comes Joyce.
Negative: Xander laying into Buffy like he did. It was really harsh and completely out of line to do in front of all those people. I think what makes it so bad, is he has no repercussions for acting like a total jerk. I get it, he's upset. And he has a right to be, but the way he handled it was poor. Which I also get, he is a teenager, but he deserved his ass handed to him later over this.

Faith, Hope & Trick
Positive:
Buffy finally telling the truth about what happened with Angel "I kissed him, then I killed him" . Then Giles informs Willow he didn't really need that info for a spell. (I think this is this episode if it isn't I'm sorry lol)
Negative: Same as @Puppet said. How the hell did Scott Hope just happen to give Buffy the same ring?

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
Anne
Positive:
The opening scene with the Scoobies
Negative: Why do nurses keep being complicit with evil?

Dead Man's Party
Positive:
"You got the wrong casa, Mr. Belvedere."
Negative: "I'm sorry that your honey was a demon, but most girls don't hop a Greyhound over boy troubles." If I could go through my TV screen and punch someone.... :eek:

Faith, Hope & Trick
Positive:
Faith! This is one of my favorite episodes for her (maybe my favorite on BtVS?).
Negative: Scott Hope, the little worm!

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Faith, Hope and Trick

Positive: Buffy finally revealing what made her run away.

Negative: Faith- I just find her to be an overrated character. I don't hate her but I'm not bothered when she's not on screen.

Puppet

Black Thorn
Beauty & the Beasts

Positive; Faith punching Buffy when the blonde surprises her. Talk about a girl on edge :)

Negative; Angel's totally out-of-his-mind feral, right? How'd he put on pants?

NeonSlayer
NeonSlayer
The writers had Buffy find Angel in pants instead of naked because they don't want me to have nice things.
DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
Maybe they're magic pants?

sosa lola

Scooby
Day 3 - Faith, Hope & Trick

Positives: I liked how easygoing Faith used to be with Buffy's friends and her mom. She really wanted to fit in and she was nice to everyone. I especially loved that she called Giles attractive, because he totally is! I also loved that Buffy was disgusted by it, that Xander thought Giles was ew but was considerate enough not to raise his hand, and that Willow was totally agreeing with Faith.

Negatives: Cordelia calling Faith a slut and not being torn to pieces by fans.

Day 4 - Beauty and the Beasts

Positives: The little detail of Xander not being able to look at dead bodies without feeling sick. I like the continuity. I also like these early Buffy/Faith scenes.

Negatives: Xander sleeping right after Willow leaves.... *spanks him*

Puppet

Black Thorn
Homecoming

Positive; I love this episode, specifically the parts with Cordelia and Buffy. I'm gonna go with the whole scene inside the tiny cabin, from Buffy admitting why she's trying so hard to win the crown, to Cordelia confessing that she might be in love with Xander. It's also a hilarious scene, at the same time.

Negative; The Fluke :mad:

spikenbuffy

Homecoming

Positive : The Slayerfest 1998, Mr Trick is great, Giles attempt to scare Willow & Xander about being in danger :p. Buffy's speech to Cordy, "I look cute in a tiara" ;)
Negative : Scott, that jerk

Top Bottom