• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Positive/Negative (S3)

sosa lola

Scooby
Day 5 - Homecoming

Positive - I'm enjoying the Buffy/Faith friendship in these early S3 episodes. I laughed when Buffy wrote Xander's name in Cordelia's weaknesses.

Negative - Buffy calls Cordelia whore, and now I feel that the gang use the whore insults because they're the only insults that get under Cordelia's skin?? Cordelia takes pride in being rude and tactless, so slut shaming is the only way to go apparently.

spikenbuffy

My true nature. You want a taste ?
Band Candy!!!!

Positive : Funny Snyder "You drive like a spaz", rippert is a stud and sexy as hell :D
Negative : Nothing, that episode is just so great

sosa lola

Scooby
Day 6 - Band Candy

Positives: Very unpopular opinion, but I adore Xander/Willow playing footsie. Other than the cuteness factor, I love the little details of Willow's neatly tied shoes and Xander's untied shoes which tells us so much about both characters. It's obvious that they shopped for the shoes together because they're the same brand but different colors.

Negatives: I guess the whole eating babies thing.

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
Band Candy

Positive; Buffy and Giles chasing after Ethan and that whole following scene.

Negative; The writers should've found a way to include either Angel or Faith in the storyline.

Revelations

Positive; One of my favorite scenes is the very end when Faith almost lets herself be vulnerable with Buffy, but changes her mind at the last second.

Negative; I have absolutely no problem with Xander during the library fight, but when Faith's first thought is 'go kill Angel' I don't like how Xander doesn't care one bit and wants to come along to watch. I feel like that's a bit OOC, regardless of his hatred of the vampire. I do try to think of it as being an impulsive move, especially since he changes his mind after finding Giles.

spikenbuffy

Revelations

Positive : The scene in the library is so well done, it's really tense and I love it. Same with the one with Giles saying to Buffy that Angel tortured him or the last scene between Buffy & Faith. Plus I love the first Fuffy fight. How Giles reacts to how Gwnedoline treats him is hilarious, I also love and adore Buffy's lines "Academic's probation not so funny today, huh Giles" & "Interesting lady, can we kill her?". :p

Negative : Xander!!! Also poor Faith who's been manipulate

sosa lola

Scooby
Day 7 - Revelations

Positives: Willow reacting to Buffy's fight. A bundle of adorableness. Also, the scene with Xander rubbing Willow's head: I liked what he said when Willow told him "Stop!". Xander: Stop means no... and no means no, so, stop. (This quote simply proves that Xander respects consent and would never take advantage of the women in his life.)

Negatives: This is one of the episodes where I hate Xander. I hated him in the scene where he implied that Angel hurt Giles. He was clearly in it to hurt Buffy. It felt more about being betrayed by Buffy and wanting to hurt her than getting Angel - because if it was about killing Angel, he would have told Faith that it was Angel who knocked Giles out, but he knew it wasn't Angel and he told Faith it wasn't Angel.

sosa lola

Scooby
Lovers Walk

Positives: Every scene Spike was in. He was the star of the episode I also enjoyed when he threatened Willow with a broken bottle. I wish there were more frightening scenes like that. Joyce thinking he was the good guy and Angel the bad guy, awesome scene!

Negatives: The scene where Xander tells Willow she shouldn't use a spell because he'd been there... now I hate OMWF even more! This is more of a OMWF negative because yay for continuity Lovers' Walk!

spikenbuffy

Lovers Walk

Positive : Spike!!
Negative : Buffy & Angel trying to fool Spike

Puppet
Puppet
When did they try to fool him?

Puppet

Black Thorn
Lovers Walk

Positive; Much like sosa, I'll say every scene with Spike. He's, IMO, the one good thing that came out of this mess of an episode.

Negative; Everything else. Though I do somewhat like the fake-out scene that makes you think Cordy died :D

spikenbuffy
spikenbuffy
I'm talking about B & A saying that they are just friends to Spike lol

spikenbuffy

The Wish

Positive : Cordy's death
Negative : I don't like that Buffy takes the blame by Cordelia, this is why I'm cheering when Vampire Willow & Xander bite her to death.

Puppet

Black Thorn
The Wish

Positive; The Xanderpire is totally awesome, I wish we could've seen more of him. Though I'd never trade in my dorky!Xander for anything!

Negative; I hate that halfway through the episode Cordelia dies. This was supposed to be her story and she doesn't even get to remember it! Such a let-down...

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Band Candy

Positive: Teenaged Giles, Joyce, and Snyder- Not only can you tell that the adult actors had great fun filming this episode, but it just makes them all the more interesting especially Joyce.

Negative: That this wasn't a double episode. I think it would've been more tense if the revelation about the reason for the candy and the babies being snatched happened at the very end of the episode so that the episode after was a race against time for Buffy to find the babies before they get eaten.

Also that Buffy gets in trouble for the car crash despite it literally not being her fault. The other guy drove into her.

Lovers Walk:

Positive: Spike- Every scene that Spike is in is just gold. Like @sosa lola I think the scene where Spike threatens Willow with a broken bottle is good. You can really see Willow's terror and she believes Spike would actually shove the bottle through her face and into her brain. Evil Spike is the best Spike and I wish they'd kept him with Dru.

Negative: That Spike's explanation about his break up with Dru gets retconned in Fool for Love. For me, this episode is the canon Sprusilla breakup, not the Spuffy version. Spike tells the story twice about his break up with Dru to two different people, and though there are some minute differences in what he supposedly said to Dru in response to her telling him "fine" (which is probably the only part of the story he embellished), both versions add up in what he said happened.

Oz- I just find Oz to be a useless lacklustre character. Him smelling WIllow out then he and Cordelia conveniently walking in just as Willow and Xander decide to kiss because they think they're going to die is just too much of a plot device.

The Wish

Positive: Vampire Willow and Xander.- I wish we had seen both of them in Doppelgangland.

Anyanka is actually a threat. This is the one episode where Anya's vengeance days aren't treated as somewhat of a joke.

Negative: Anya stops being treated seriously by the writers after this episode. If a part of Anya's job is to go undercover to get close to her targets so that they would make a wish, then surely she should be more socially aware of behavioural etiquette.

sosa lola

Scooby
The Wish:

Positives: Everything about the alternative universe! Vampire Xander and Willow.... words can't express how... HOT HOT HOT!!! Love Giles' Scooby Gang being Oz, Larry and a random girl (even though I wish it was Amy, but I guess since Buffy never came to Sunnydale, Amy's body is still taken over by her mom.) Love Faith-like Buffy! Love The Master still around, also wish Darla was there! Ooooh and Vampire Jesse.

Negatives: Cordelia's wish should have been about Xander! It was Xander who cheated on her! Though I guess a world without Xander would mean no Xander and no Buffy which means no Hot Vampire Xander and no badass Buffy. Still, the episode should be centered on Cordelia, and Xander should have been punished.

sosa lola

Scooby
Amends:

Positives: Xander. He admitted he was a bad friend to Buffy about Angel and helped her save him. He was a comforting wonderful friend. I wish he was invited to spend Christmas at Buffy's house like Faith was (and Giles, if Joyce agreed to).

gifs as usual by the wonderful starryeyesxx

Negatives: Buffy's extremely short bangs!!

spikenbuffy

Amends

Positive : Xander, Joyce being awkward towards Giles and well every characters's moments (Oz and Willow are so sweet together!!!, Bangel, Willy is kind ...).
Negative : None that I can think about in the moment

Puppet

Black Thorn
Amends

Positive; Buffy's mini bangs!

Negative; Every Bangel moment, ugh... never has the show been more melodramatic!

Gingerbread

Positive; Wake up in a coma convo between Giles and Cordy :D

Negative; Uhm...idk... (I really enjoy this one)

sosa lola

Scooby
Gingerbread:

Positives: Everything about Willow and her mom. Wow, her mother is incredibly neglectant. I just wish we met Willow's dad. I loved seeing Sunnydale parents take an action finally. The show needs to show more parents involvement to be realistic.

Another point: Buffy not letting Xander off the hook.

Xander: Is a man not innocent until proven guilty?
Buffy: You *are* guilty. You got illicit smoochies, gonna have to pay the price.

I also like that Xander knows that he's guilty, but was talking about "future guilt". "Look, everyone expects me to mess up again."

Negatives: I wasn't satisfied with the Xander/Oz storyline. Yes, they worked together, but they didn't talk about what happened. I just wish we saw a meaningful conversation between them.

spikenbuffy

Gingerbread

Positive : Oz & Xander getting chased by a group of men "Just so we're clear, you guys know you're nuts right?" lol, "I do doodle you doodle too" by Willow & "Did I get it, did I get it?" by Buffy ;) . Also the continuation of awkwardness of Joyce & Giles after what happened in Band Candy. :)

Negative : Willow 's mother, I don't like her, how she doesn 't even know that Willow cut off her hair. :rolleyes:

sosa lola

Scooby
Helpless

Positive: Buffy without superpowers was very interesting. I especially loved the scene where she was running away and screaming at night. That was so intense. Cordelia was amazing in this ep, saving Buffy and then driving her home.

Negative: There should have been more tension between Buffy and Giles after this episode. Also, did the other Scoobies know about all the facts? Did they know about Giles's part in this?

Puppet

Black Thorn
Helpless

Positive; Really just most of the episode in general, but I'll go with the scene where Giles tells Buffy about the test. It's such an intense stand-off, and I also love that it ends with Cordelia solemnly (though also with a few funny lines) agreeing to drive Buffy home.

Negative; I wish we'd gotten more of the Council, either as a villain, or just a rock in the gang's path occasionally.

spikenbuffy
spikenbuffy
Love your new banner of Faith in Buffy's body!!
Top Bottom