• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Positive/Negative (S3)

spikenbuffy

"Buffy's like nobody else in the world"
Helpless

Positive : Buffy's vs Kralik's moment plus Buffy is SO beautiful in this episode, I love her white outfit & her hair. Bangel is creepy in the revelation moment BUT cute, it's one of my favorite moment of Bangel. I also really love Giles & Buffy last moment with Quentin about Giles being like a father to Buffy, so intense and lovely.
Negative : Poor Buffy, she got betrayed by Giles BUT I WOULDN'T CHANGE IT. Sometimes people make mistakes. The characters of Buffyverse are conflicted and make bad things, this is what I love in the Buffyverse, the characters are not too good.

sosa lola

Scooby
Day 13 - The Zeppo

Positive - There are so many interesting aspects to the episode, but my favorite part was knowing new things about Xander:

1) "I had to take that test when I was seven. A little slow in some stuff, mostly math and spatial relations, but certainly not challenged or anything." It explains why Xander finds math so difficult and needs Willow's tutoring constantly.

2) Xander: I'll take two glazed, two cinnamon, couple cream-filled, and a jelly. No, no, let's round that out to four jellies.
(Later)
Giles: Did you eat all the jellies?
Buffy: Did you want a jelly?
Giles: I always have a jelly. I'm always the one that says 'let's have a jelly in the mix.'

There's a subtle story about how much Xander adores and knows Giles, but it's one sided, and Giles keeps unappreciating Xander and Xander suffers in silence and I wanna read this fic, but couldn't find one, even in Xander/Giles slash, so I wrote (this little piece)

3) "Uncle Roary stacked up the DUIs, let me rent this bad boy till he's mobile again." Any new info about Xander's family is a welcome addition.

4) Xander isn't into stereotypical male interests like sports and cars.

Negative - While I adore this episode to bits, it kinda starts the trend of "useless Xander" storylines for the next four or more seasons, if we count the comics. It's not just Xander who thinks so, the other characters start to see him that way, too:

Anya: Are you really going to be that much help to them? I mean, you'll probably just get in the way. (Graduation Part 1)
WILLOW: That's not true! Sometimes we all helped save you. And sometimes you're not in trouble. (The Replacement)

spikenbuffy

The Zeppo

Positive : Funny Xander centric episode, Xander is really great in this episode, in the end he doesn't even brag to his friends that he saved them.
Negative : Poor Xander, he feels like useless/weak and his friends kind of feels that way. Also it's sad to see Faith threw him out of her home, it's funny BUT at the same it's sad for him how he will feel used later.

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
I'm just gonna piggyback on @sosa lola's previous entry :D
Day 13 - The Zeppo

Positive - There are so many interesting aspects to the episode, but my favorite part was knowing new things about Xander:

1) "I had to take that test when I was seven. A little slow in some stuff, mostly math and spatial relations, but certainly not challenged or anything." It explains why Xander finds math so difficult and needs Willow's tutoring constantly.

2) Xander: I'll take two glazed, two cinnamon, couple cream-filled, and a jelly. No, no, let's round that out to four jellies.
(Later)
Giles: Did you eat all the jellies?
Buffy: Did you want a jelly?
Giles: I always have a jelly. I'm always the one that says 'let's have a jelly in the mix.'

There's a subtle story about how much Xander adores and knows Giles, but it's one sided, and Giles keeps unappreciating Xander and Xander suffers in silence and I wanna read this fic, but couldn't find one, even in Xander/Giles slash, so I wrote (this little piece)

3) "Uncle Roary stacked up the DUIs, let me rent this bad boy till he's mobile again." Any new info about Xander's family is a welcome addition.

4) Xander isn't into stereotypical male interests like sports and cars.

Negative - While I adore this episode to bits, it kinda starts the trend of "useless Xander" storylines for the next four or more seasons, if we count the comics. It's not just Xander who thinks so, the other characters start to see him that way, too:

Anya: Are you really going to be that much help to them? I mean, you'll probably just get in the way. (Graduation Part 1)
WILLOW: That's not true! Sometimes we all helped save you. And sometimes you're not in trouble. (The Replacement)

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Ooooh, you cheater! 😂

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Amends

Positive: It's Christmas in-show. It's nice when characters celebrate normal things like Christmas and Halloween as it give a sense of time in show.

Negative: The snow falling in Sunnydale. It's a very convenient plot device, especially when the characters were earlier saying how hot it was. Also, dos it mean vampires could actually go out during the day so long as there is thick cloud cover?

Gingerbread

Positive: An enjoyable episode which kind of suggests why people are better off not knowing about the supernatural. Also Joyce trying to show an interest in Buffy's slaying. I think it would've been nice if Joyce was involved more with the scoobies once she found out that Buffy was the slayer, at the very least it would give a reason for why the scoobies were so cut up about her death. They knew her so they would be sad but because we never really saw them interact on-screen so it did feel kind of hollow.

Negative: So Hansel and Gretel were actually real children and the monster just piggybacked off that? If this fairy tale was real and the Gentlemen are real despite being in a book of fairy tales, does that mean other fairy tales were real as well?

Helpless

Positive: Buffy has to save the day without her slayer powers and pulls it off by using her brain rather than relying on physical strength.

Negative: The cruciamentum on 18th birthday- if a slayer is called after they're 18, do they avoid the process? For example, Kennedy was 19 yet still a potential so what if she'd been called? What about Faith? Is she younger or older than Buffy? Why did she never have a cruciamentum?

The Zeppo

Positive: The outtake of Xander with the guy who played Jack. The little bits of information we get about Xander and his family.

Negative: I find this quite a boring episode. Some characters work better in a supporting role and Xander is one of them. This episode makes him too central unlike the other Xander "centric" episodes eg BB&B was Xander "centric", yet there was other stuff going on besides Xander so it was more balanced.

Bad Girls

Positive: Buffy being led astray and Willow's concern over it- It seems like a very teenager thing to happen, someone new comes in and starts changing the dynamics of the previously established friendship not always for the better eg whereas Buffy joined Xander and Willow's friendship group without coming between them, Faith is almost trying to split up the friendship of Willow and Buffy by taking Buffy away from Willow.

Negative: The Buffy/Faith dance scene- Purely because of the strobe lighting. As an epileptic, strobe lighting is not good for me (due to the flashing frequency, I'm okay with normal flashing lights, but strobe lighting is too fast). I have the same problem with the ending of Alien with the strobe lighting there.

sosa lola

Scooby
Bad Girls:

Positives: I loved Buffy and Faith discussing Xander sex. I can see Bander shippers starting fic from that scene where Buffy is curious. I also loved the introduction of Wesley.

Negatives: I know Wesley can be a bit much, especially to free spirit Buffy, but I didn't like the disrespect he's shown just because he's replacing Giles. It breaks your heart seeing how much he's trying to prove himself.

Puppet

Black Thorn
Bad Girls

Positive; Buffy and Giles sitting on the table, uniting against the new Watcher. Absolutely adorable :D

Negative; Buffy's outfit in that same aforementioned scene, she did not always dress well in S3.

sosa lola

Scooby
Consequences

Positives: ِI found Faith going to Giles behind Buffy's back and framing Buffy and Giles pretending he believed her to be one of the best and most intense scenes I have ever scene. I was at the edge of my seat.

Negatives: Why isn't there any aftermath to the Xander/Faith scene? It sucks, especially since it's very interesting gender reversal situation. It's kinda like Buffy/Parker, but more vicious and creepy. I would have killed to see the scene between Xander and Angel right after Angel saves him. Considering their history, I would have liked to see the Xander/Angel interaction there. Would Xander be pissed off and embarrassed that Angel saved him or would he have given a hushed thank you? Would Angel have busied himself with chaining Faith and ignored Xander all together or would he have shown some concern? I. WANT. TO. SEE. THAT. SCENE.

NeonSlayer

Potential
@DeadlyDuo The script for Faith's first episode says she is 18-ish so that puts her between 17-19. All accounts put her birthday in December so when she arrived in HF&T she would've been at the youngest 17 years 9 months.

So she would've turned 18 just before Amends when she didn't have a Watcher, had only 7 months Slayer experience, and had she been tested it might've cued in Buffy and that was too risky the month before hers.

If she was 18 in HF&T then she would've had her birthday 5 months before she became the Slayer.

I think had Kennedy been activated as Slayer at 19 (the regular way) they would've tested her since the Watcher's Council found her when she was in elementary so she'd known about the paranormal, had a long time Watcher, and had been training for a decade. I don't know how they managed to make her cone off like a clueless spoiled brat. There were so many ways they could've made Kennedy likable in s7.

spikenbuffy

Bad Girls

Positive : Wesley's entrance, he's so funny lol "Preparation, preparation, preparation".
Fuffy scenes, two slayers fighting or dancing together !!! Love "I hate it when they drown me" line.

Negative : Faith who propose to multiple men to call her urggg. Buffy who shoplift, it's wrong to see you smile doing it Buffy !!

Consequences

Positive : Angel is really really AMAZING in his conversation with Faith !!!

Negative : Willow, I don't understand why she cries about Xander when she chose Oz as her boyfriend. Poor Xander, he feels used and Faith is evil to accuse Buffy to Giles.

Puppet

Black Thorn
Consequences

Positive; Faith saving Buffy at the end, despite the choice she makes to join the Mayor. IMO; she was never as far gone as she wanted the gang to think, hence her later redemptive actions.

Negative; I'm also going with the complete glossing over of what Faith does to Xander in this one. The guy can't catch a break when it comes to follow-ups to his emotional storylines, I mean Jesse, his home life, now his near-death at the hands of the girl who took his virginity. Poor guy :(

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Negative : Faith who propose to multiple men to call her urggg.
Nothing wrong with a single girl trying to get some action. Besides, we never actually see her give them her number, so it's more that she's just flirting which, again, nothing wrong with.

Puppet

Black Thorn
Doppelgangland

Positive; Probably my favorite moment in an otherwise wonderful episode is when Willow pretending to be V!Willow walks into the Bronze and gives Oz a 'stealthy' little wave. Just so adorable and I love Oz's answering smile as he realizes his girlfriend is still alive.

Negative; Let's just go with the TV coincidence that the Mayor sends minions after Willow at the exact moment when she's V!Willow and can defeat them :)

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Doppelgangland

Positive: Vampire Willow- The way she takes control of the Mayor's vampire minions is evidence that vampires have a social hierarchy where displays of strength and dominance are necessary to be considered the alpha.

Negative: I find this episode to be overrated. The wish is a better episode in my opinion, but this episode adds some questions. In The Wish, Cordy's wish created an alternate reality where Buffy never came to Sunnydale, yet Giles breaking Anyanka's pendant removed that reality from existence and restored the original reality. However, in this episode, not only does the spell seem to time travel, but it also recreates a reality which isn't meant to exist any more. As col as it is to see vampire Willow again, it also creates some plot holes.

Puppet

Black Thorn
I almost forgot today!

Enemies

Positive; I love the slow-mo when Faith realizes she's been fooled and swings back to look at Buffy. She is also extra beautiful in that particular outfit :D

Negative; Uhm...I'm not a fan of Buffy's hair?

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Butter Butt
Black Thorn
Enemies

Positive:
This was such a silly and funny episode. I mean, that dead guy and his buddies were HILARIOUS. But the main thing I'll always love is Xander's line: "I like the quiet." That was awesome.

Negative: I was really distracted by Cordelia's scenes. My God, she was SO annoying!

DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
You seem to be thinking of the Zeppo

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Enemies

Positive: The whole charade to fool Faith. The fact that the blue skinned ninja owes Giles a favour for introducing him to his wife.

Negative: The fact we never got to see that scene in flashbacks.

Faith was dumb to think Angelus wouldn't kill her. It was lucky Angel was only faking.

sosa lola

Scooby
Day 16 - Doppelgangland

Positive - Anya. I like this Anya. Why did they have to dumb her down? I want this Anya to date Xander. I want this Anya to teach Xander about the demon world, pass her wisdom of 1000 years to this inexperienced 18 year old young man and guide him through life.

Negative - I know the episode is a comedy, but Xander's reaction to Jesse's death was more intense than Willow's which is disappointing.

Day 17 - Enemies

Positive - I loved the plan to trick Faith and I understand why Buffy didn't want the whole gang in the know.

Negative - Angel punching Xander was probably something Angel wanted to do for a looooong time. I don't think punching him to unconsciousness was wise though, especially when left lying there in the streets. Perhaps shoving him away like an annoying bug would have done the trick and kept him safe.

Puppet
Puppet
I'm confused by your Doppelgangland negative...
K
katmobile
Giles would have picked him up no big

Puppet

Black Thorn
Earshot

Positive; Xander being jealous of Wesley and yet unwilling to admit that he still has feelings for Cordy, I wish they'd touched more on that before she left for the spin-off (although I do enjoy their scene in The Prom that seems to finally give them both closure).

Negative; Who decides to commit suicide with a rifle???

Top Bottom