• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Positive/Negative (S3)

@Puppet I'm confused by your Doppelgangland negative...
I liked Xander's reaction to Jesse's death more than his reaction to Willow's death. Sorry for the badly worded sentence.

Day 18 - Earshot

Positives: I have really enjoyed Buffy reading everybody's thoughts, and the gang's thoughts were perfect. Oz is such a deep person, Cordelia says what she thinks, Willow is as insecure as ever, and Xander can't do math (great continuity) and is obsessed with sex now that he'd done it.

Negatives: I did not like the part with Xander and the jello. I really don't like Espenson's Xander, especially in Tabula Rasa where she'd written him as an idiot coward.

Puppet
Puppet
But what reaction? Jesse isn't even mentioned in Doppelgangland???

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
Choices

Positive;

Negative; The spider creature effects have not aged well. Otherwise a great episode :)

NeonSlayer
NeonSlayer
Willow or her dress or how Willow looks in the dress?

Puppet

Black Thorn
Choices

Positive;

Negative; The spider creature effects have not aged well. Otherwise a great episode :)
Lol yeah I probably should have clarified, the positive is Willow's velvet dress :)

@Puppet But what reaction? Jesse isn't even mentioned in Doppelgangland???
Xander's reaction to Jesse's death in The Harvest was more emotional and satisfying to me than his reaction to Willow's death in Doppelgangland.

Puppet
Puppet
Got it! Sorry :D

spikenbuffy

Bad things always happen in the Buffyverse
Doppelgangland

Positive : Vampire Willow!!! "Lunch time be damned", Faith & the mayor scene is really sweet
Negative : Anya is a little annoying and irritating

Enemies

Positive : Fuffy scene with Buffy saying to Faith that she's a loser is just amazing, plus Angel hit Xander lol
Negative : Faith is really WHINY in this episode to Buffy :rolleyes:. Poor Buffy saw Angel kiss Faith:(

Earshot

Positive : All
Negative : None

Choices

Positive : The mayor's speech about Bangel is well done great and true, Willow vs Faith is an amazing scene.
Negative : Cordelia in school to the scoobies !!!!

NeonSlayer
NeonSlayer
Thank you! Faith whines when she's torturing Buffy, Joyce, & Wesley. That's like next level whining to do it in the middle of trying to kill someone. Yet no one ever calls her a whiner while Buffy is constantly called one.

Puppet

Black Thorn
The Prom

Positive; Xander and Cordelia's interactions share a top spot with Giles comment about Wesley's maturity :p

Negative; The whole umbrella thing. I've mentioned it before, so I won't get into it. Also, a close second is the breakup scene, really don't like Angel here.

spikenbuffy

The Prom

Positive : Buffy and the umbrella "Class protector" :), love also Giles's smile at that moment. Xander & Cordelia, Giles & Wesley are hilarious!!!!
Negative : Anya and Xander doesn't make sense

Day 19 - Choices

Positives: The Willow/Buffy scene! That was such a great moment between them and I felt so happy for Buffy's genuine happiness. Oh, also Willow telling Faith off. Nice! Also a shout out to Wesley's watcher authority hand signal after he said "By the power invested in me by the Council, I forbid it." That made me laugh.

Negatives: I get why Cordelia insults Xander every chance she gets, even though it's gotten so tiring by now. I don't get insulting Buffy, though. Buffy didn't cheat on you, Cordy. Leave her alone.

Day 20 - The Prom

Positives: Xander paying for Cordelia's dress with his road trip money. It's especially sad when you think that after his car breaks down during his road trip, he won't have enough money to pay for it fixed because he spent that money on Cordelia's dress (and renting his tux for prom.)

Negatives: Angel could have broken up with Buffy after prom.

spikenbuffy

Graduation Day 1

Positive : Faith & The Mayor scenes and relationship is sweet !!
Negative : Angel in the beginning before he's poisoned

Puppet

Black Thorn
Graduation Day, Pt. I

Positive; Angel gracefully entering the professor's apartment :) but on a more serious note, Xander offering to help research a cure for Angel. A subtle but wonderful character moment for him.

Negative; Buffy stabbing Faith.

spikenbuffy
spikenbuffy
True about Xander

Puppet

Black Thorn
Wait, I may have confused my episodes, lol. This is what happens when you haven't watched it in a while. The Xander scene I'm thinking of, I think it's the one from Amends. Anyway, I already had the Angel positive, so it's fine :D

spikenbuffy
spikenbuffy
Xander is worried about Angel in this episode, he says something like "Any minutes kills Angel" to Willow & Oz.

FaithLehane16

"I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop"
Graduation Day, Pt. I

Positives: Anya informing the Scoobies on how to kill The Mayor, Xander&Cordelia talking about skipping class, Willow&Oz have sex for the first time in their relationship, Angel being clumsy, and the memorable battle between Buffy and Faith.

Negatives: Bangel's relationship falling apart, Faith being put into coma, Angel getting shot, and Anya being interested in Xander.

Day 21 - Graduation Day Part 1

Positives: I liked two subtle Xander scenes: The first, Xander showing concern for Angel "Come on guys, the suspense is killing Angel." (clearly for Buffy's sake, but the Xangel in me sees it as Xander caring about Angel.) The second is this:

Xander: I don't mean to play devil's advocate here, but are you sure you're up to this?
Buffy: It's time.
Xander: We're talking to the death.
Buffy: I can't play kid games anymore. This is how she wants it.
Xander: I just don't want to lose you.
Buffy: I won't get hurt.
Xander: That's not what I mean.

I love insightful Xander moments. This reminded me of When She Was Bad when Xander knew that Buffy needed to smash the Master's bones.

Negatives: Buffy's decision, I guess. Though I sympathise since it was Faith who poisoned Angel.

Earshot

Positive: Buffy hearing Wesley's thoughts. Also Cordy saying exactly what she was thinking.

The lunch lady and Xander just staring at each other as she pours rat poison into the food, also Xander rushing out and knocking food out of people's hands before they can eat it. He saved some lives that day.

Negative: Oz's thoughts. He's quite a boring character. The whole "Oz is such a cool guy" vibe just doesn't work for me. He's lazy and I actually find him a little irritating. Seth Green does what he can with the role, but Oz has very little substance.

The Prom

Positive: Buffy finally being acknowledged for all the times she's saved lives. I do wonder if her saving Jonathan in Earshot is what led to the class protector award since he presented it to her and does seem to be on the award committee.

We meet Andrew's brother Tucker. He was originally meant to be the third member of the trio but the actor was unavailable hence why we got Andrew instead who must be at least a year younger than Jonathan, Warren and the Scoobies since nobody knew who he was and had to constantly be reminded that he was "Tucker's brother".

Negative: Xander buying Cordy the prom dress. I think it did her good to learn some humility and the fact she worked hard for that dress would've made her appreciate it more. Xander buying it for her kind of takes away that hard earned reward. It's not even like he just gave her $20 to make up the rest of the outstanding balance, he paid a couple of hundred for that dress.

Graduation Day Part 1 and Part 2

Positive: Snyder being Snyder to the end.

Buffy stabbing Faith in order to save Angel then feeding herself to him, even if it does seem a little convenient that Slayer blood is the only way to cure the poison.

The Mayor losing it over what Buffy did to Faith- You can see he does genuinely care for her rather than it just being a manipulation.

Buffy being the general in the battle- The students were willing to fight and followed Buffy which resulted in a well co-ordinated victory with minimal casualties.

Negative: Snyder gets eaten.

Faith and Oz- I just find them to be massively overrated characters.

Buffy's victory in this battle strongly suggests that half of her problems in Season 7 were mainly due to the potentials (particularly Kennedy) being a bunch of obnoxious and obstinate brats. Buffy was already at a disadvantage having to deal with them.

spikenbuffy

Graduation Day Part 2

Positive : Fuffy dream and the mayor's speech about "Ascending" Plus & Willow & Oz are so sweet!!!!

Negative : Snyder's death I loved him, kind of love to dislike him and the mayor as the big bad doesn't do very much. He was kind of lame in the high school as a snake.

Top Bottom