• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Spoiler! Preview BTVS S10 Issue #30

LycheeP

Townie
Only two pages this time. And Buffy makes a wish..... in the presence of a vengeance demon.

TONER

Townie
Aaah so exciting-- season 10 finale!! I would like this issue in my hands now please.

sosa lola

Scooby
So far it appears that Xander is really dead. That single tear of Andrew's, aw. I have to say Willow's tears are heartbreaking.

Stoney

Spiked!
And Buffy makes a wish..... in the presence of a vengeance demon.
Yes the wish stands out doesn't it and this scene seems likely to follow very soon from where we left the last issue (although probably not directly as here everyone has been released). Although I'd still not be shocked if Anya had done something other than killing Xander with her insistence it be her to attack him and despite the appearance here that Anya may have led Buffy to make a wish and even though I don't actually want Xander's character lost, I still have part of me hoping this isn't yet another removable death.

white avenger

white avenger
And Buffy makes a wish..... in the presence of a vengeance demon.
I hope their not gonna do a 'the wish reverses time' thing
Yes the wish stands out doesn't it
I'm definitely getting a "Please,Brer Fox,PLEASE DON'T THROW ME IN THAT BRIAR PATCH!!" feeling from that little scene, and, I agree, the old "turn back time and correct all your mistakes" thing has been has been done way too many times, but it does leave us with a Season ender that could result in a couple of things that a lot of people have been anticipating for some time, now. By going back to a time to before the magic book became an issue, they could eliminate Giles' death, since it was his will that resulted in Buffy getting the book in the first place, and it would effectively end Spuffy, with Buffy being the only one who remembers anything after Giles' death ever happening. That leaves us with Twilight/Angel no longer being responsible for Giles' death, and everything, including everything in "Angel & Faith" disappearing.

Remember, folks, you heard it here first.

(And that also means that we could get Spike's bug ship back again)

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Actually nope, Buffy mentions regretting giving D'Hoffryn all those new power, not getting the book back in the first place...

Priceless

Scooby
I can't bear all those tears, it just makes me so sad, Buffy looks devestated. I would hate a turn-back-time ending, that would just be ridiculous and cliched and frankly just bloody annoying! If this story can't keep moving forward and has to keep stepping backwards, then what is the point :eek:

GoSpuffy
GoSpuffy
points for "bloody annoying". I like how you're starting to speak Spike. :)

Scooby Corps

Fly! Be free, little bird, you defy category!
I rather like the preview and the 'uh oh' portrayal of Buffy. She made a wish in presence of vengeance demons so I guess it will have repercussions. I hope it won't be 1:1 in a 'D'Hoffryns looses his powers and Scoobies kill him' or 'alternate reality/turning back time' sort of way. That would be straightforward, too easy and quite frankly, boring.

It's a wish out of vengeance in front of vengeance demons (with all their creativity and fondness of twisting words or taking the words too literally) after all (be careful what you wish for) and since the S11 news might indicate a cliffhanger... I don't really get a sense of Fake!Anya that she's plotting pro Scoobies and contra D'Hoffryn. Maybe she's plotting against both since both sides made valid points from her twisted POV?

I'm definitely getting a "Please,Brer Fox,PLEASE DON'T THROW ME IN THAT BRIAR PATCH!!" feeling from that little scene, and, I agree, the old "turn back time and correct all your mistakes" thing has been has been done way too many times, but it does leave us with a Season ender that could result in a couple of things that a lot of people have been anticipating for some time, now. By going back to a time to before the magic book became an issue, they could eliminate Giles' death, since it was his will that resulted in Buffy getting the book in the first place, and it would effectively end Spuffy, with Buffy being the only one who remembers anything after Giles' death ever happening. That leaves us with Twilight/Angel no longer being responsible for Giles' death, and everything, including everything in "Angel & Faith" disappearing.

Remember, folks, you heard it here first.

(And that also means that we could get Spike's bug ship back again)
I don't think it will be that way. I mean... the retconning would be so immense, even for Buffy standards. Besides erasing Twilight, Giles' death, Spuffy, magicless world, Angel&Faith S9/10, and BtVS S9,... it would also mean Fray-verse Dark Willow is back on the table since S9 and Wonderland would be likewise nullified.

Nuh uh. That'd be suck!

Stoney

Spiked!
I can't see them erasing huge sweeps like that, especially with Joss announcing his involvement in a Giles story next season and them already having talked of Spuffy as standing in S11. It could be misdirection of course, but I doubt it, it seems too vast (and a little silly to create varied lies rather than just being vague and/or not making announcements). It also wouldn't sit well against maturing as the season's big bad if it is all just etch-a-sketched.

Priceless

Scooby
The publishers are teasing us, I hope. I cannot believe they would re-set that far back, if at all. This is just publicity for them. But you have to say they are very canny at what pages they pre-release, building up the big finish

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
I think the wish will just take away the powers, Anya will grant it. Look at her eye in the frame Buffy makes the wish. D'Hof & Jonathon's eyes are set hard and ready to fight, her eye looks sad and downcast. I picture a fight but I don't know if they will be able to kill D'Hof and J or not, I think at least J will die because someone has to take it on the chin for Xander. I think Xander is lying on a beach in a speedo somewhere and Anya's next stop will be to make him her sex slave.

Scooby Corps

Fly! Be free, little bird, you defy category!
If anything, her eye looks excited and anticipating... maybe. But sad and downcast? Hard to tell to read her face from a single eye and brow.

Stoney

Spiked!
Yes it is very little to go on but I'd have described her as looking wide eyed which could come from surprise at Buffy having said it (and she is looking down because they are physically higher!). But she has put on an amazing front/attitude to cover so far if that were the case. Not impossible though of course but it is a huge about face from deciding she was betrayed and was turning against them without any further contact with Xander/the group to make her want to change her mind (again!).

Not long to find out what is going on anyway.

amberjane

Potential
i heard the execution of xanders death was bad, but a pile of dust? maybe the emotional aspect would be felt more if there was a body...

Top Bottom