• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Spoiler! Preview for BTVS S10 issue #28

LycheeP

Townie
Here we go....

buffys10n28p1.jpg

buffys10n28p2.jpg

buffys10n28p3.jpg

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
Heh, the first page is essentially the Buffy/Angel break-up of season 3. Kind of sad to think Buffy has yet to learn that "vamps don't grow old with you" lesson. Spike may have had a "daft poet's notion" of true love, Buffy at this point just seems daft.

Ha. The classic 'its not you its me' bollocks.

God, worst break-up 'scene' ever, loaded with cliche's and crappy writing.

I quit while I was ahead, clearly.

Scooby Corps

Fly! Be free, little bird, you defy category!
A boring relationship meets a boring end. Can't say that I'm unhappy, but when will Buffy finally grow up? It's Angel all over again.

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
Heh, the first page is essentially the Buffy/Angel break-up of season 3. Kind of sad to think Buffy has yet to learn that "vamps don't grow old with you" lesson. Spike may have had a "daft poet's notion" of true love, Buffy at this point just seems daft.
Just needs to be QFT again. Whoever wrote 'Choices' and 'Prom' and so forth should sue the comics writers. Should have seen this one coming when Spike was basically turned Angel-lite early in the Season. Have to say though that I'm glad none of the comics stuff ever happened in show form and 99,9% of the people who watched Buffy will never know this crap existed. Buffy had already learned that mortal/immortal or human/vampire JUST DOESN'T WORK. Over a decade ago. She is a joke of a character who is never allowed to learn or grow up EVER. Again thank God for Faith.

Is it wrong how much this is making me laugh?

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Yeah, I'm with Buffy. NOW! You break up now, in the middle of an apocalypse? :eek::rolleyes:

Way to make it all about you Spike.
This is like Angel breaking up with Buffy in the middle of friggin Graduation Day. This is beyond lame.

Also Spike's speech doesn't sound at all like Spike, its sounds like Angel-lite, which is what he's become.

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
Way to make it all about you Spike.
The B/S relationship has always been all about Spike. Why should this be any different?

This is like Angel breaking up with Buffy in the middle of friggin Graduation Day. This is beyond lame.
Angel broke up with Buffy in 'The Prom'. Long before the GD apocalypse.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Angel broke up with Buffy in 'The Prom'. Long before the GD apocalypse.

Yeah I meant to type 'like if Angel broke up with Buffy during GR...' the difference one less word makes. :)
And even so, in that case Buffy at least forced the issue a bit during 'The Prom' while Angel was trying to wait for a more opportune moment.

Honestly I really thought Spike would wait until AFTER the dangerour end-of-the-world scenario to do the whole break-up thing. This is just unbelievable.

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
Yeah I meant to type 'like if Angel broke up with Buffy during GR...' the difference one less word makes. :)
Ahh, gotcha.

And even so, in that case Buffy at least forced the issue a bit during 'The Prom' while Angel was trying to wait for a more opportune moment.
Well that's just in keeping with their relationship on BtVS then. She was always the pusher and he was the cautious one.

Honestly I really thought Spike would wait until AFTER the dangerour end-of-the-world scenario to do the whole break-up thing. This is just unbelievable.
Well timing has never been Spike's thing. Why it would be any different now? It's not like these characters are known for growth. This isn't AtS.

Priceless

Scooby
Is there any chance Spike is possessed? Or it's a Spike-bot? Under a spell? It just doesn't seem like Spike, and more importantly I don't like it :)

GoSpuffy
GoSpuffy
I'm with you but I think it is a thing where Whedon never lets his characters stay in relationships for long. I think it's the wrong bloody call, would have been more interesting to see a new story line, for example Spike and Buffy making it work.
Taake
Taake
Spike-bot! Now I wanna see that

Scooby Corps

Fly! Be free, little bird, you defy category!
Don't know if it's intended but Buffy kinda looks at the verge of going berserk.:D Hopefully, her frustration will not be directed at the wrong persons.

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
Is there any chance Spike is possessed? Or it's a Spike-bot? Under a spell? It just doesn't seem like Spike, and more importantly I don't like it :)
Well they could still go the route of 'it was all the book' if they wanted to. I remember that was a really popular theory early in the Season when Spike was all Angel-lite and Buffy was more of a moron than usual. And we have seen Spike with the book.

Priceless
Priceless
Then I shall continue to live in Hope

amberjane

Potential
this seriously killed my whole day -_- i know i posted somewhere else about how dumb it would be for them to break up this season- bc literally, her and reilly lasted longer >[ i know people talk about this season being a white wash for the rest of the comic disasters, but i feel like theyre trying to answer every cliff hanger from buffy that the fans wanted more from at the series' end, like spike and buffy. i dont feel like this would have happened, maybe not at this point. then again the stupid writers literally threw everything at them that its sickening...

clearly i am an unhappy spuffy freak, but it wasnt fair to the characters. a part of me feels like it isnt over with them, and it will be nice to not see spike be buffy's dog on a leash. however, i am not satisfied with some of the stuff that still went unanswered or was sideswept. what happened to that big emotional connection they had in s7? the hands clasp i love you ouch hands on fire moment? they had passion, yet the comics barely give them emotion and it breaks my spuffy lovin' heart.

maybe this has to do with buffy's major regression. since s8, shes been acting like the immature child i was annoyed by in that one episode in s6 where she went invisible and did whatever. half the things they write for buffy's script i have to re read to try to find her voice, but sometimes i cant.

i already cant wait for s11, im so frustrated by this season now when i had such hopes for it.

GoSpuffy
GoSpuffy
I agree with everything

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
maybe this has to do with buffy's major regression. since s8, shes been acting like the immature child i was annoyed by in that one episode in s6 where she went invisible and did whatever. half the things they write for buffy's script i have to re read to try to find her voice, but sometimes i cant.
Buffy hasn't regressed in any way. Buffy has been stagnant since the show. Because no one is actually interested in turning her into an adult. Or at least someone with a working brain. There have always been one or two incedents towards the end of each Season where you think Buffy reached a break through. Only for the writers to hit the reset button at the beginning of the next Season. Buffy's growth arc from S1-S4 was nicely done. Only for it to become stagnant when she gets a kid shoved at her against her will (completely with fake memories probably undoing some of that growth) and then become nothing but a tool to be handed around from one bed partner to another. If Buffy were actually allowed to grow over the whole duration of the show, Spuffy wouldn't have happened this Season. Because Buffy knows that vampire/human just doesn't work, EVER.

Of course there is always the possibility that Spuffy didn't happen this Season out of free will. They might just say it was the book. It's the only out I can see for the writers. Otherwise I hope someone writes a letter asking them why they are unable to pull off Spuffy without turning Spike into Angel-lite because that's what he is. If it's not the book then it's just horrificially bad writing. I mean seriously that breakup is almost word for word what both the Mayor and Angel said in S3. Which is when Buffy had already learned the lesson that this kind of relationship won't last. I guess S10 was supposed to be a bad S3 rehash then. Poor Buffy. Forever not allowed to grow.

amberjane

Potential
see i saw growth in buffy during season 7, i thought she grew stronger by the end, like she was able to handle things without people holding her hand. i thiught it was what the writers were going for after season 6 buffy "i can save the world but cant pay my bills," especially with her shutting giles out after the spike thing went down with wood.

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
see i saw growth in buffy during season 7, i thought she grew stronger by the end, like she was able to handle things without people holding her hand. i thiught it was what the writers were going for after season 6 buffy "i can save the world but cant pay my bills," especially with her shutting giles out after the spike thing went down with wood.
Buffy has never needed anyone to hold her hand. It always ultimately fell to her to fight the fights. Having support and having your hand held are two different things. 'Anne' proved that Buffy has always been capable of providing for herself if need be. What Buffy had was support, not people holding her hand. What Buffy in the later years ignored was her support system and that largely led to most of her problems. She pushed her friends away in S6 because they cared to much. Like what? Since when are caring friends a bad thing? Oh right it's the Spike show that's why. At least in S6 it can be explained away that clinical depression might make someone think like that. But what excuse is there for S7? My guess would be that Buffy suffered something similiar to Stockholm Syndrom, hence her unhealthy co-depedency on Spike to the point where she appeared completely bonkers. And it caused the same problems as in S6, she ignored her support system. Spike didn't help this much with his constant cheerleading because all it did was inflate Buffy's ego to the point where she was all 'my way or the highway'. Topping it off with Buffy listenting to Holden of all people, a soulles vampire looking to mess with her head. All signs that Buffy was completely off her rocker.

You'd think that Buffy would use the time between S7 ending and S8 starting to actually do some growing up via introspection. To use that time to reflect on her life, what went wrong, what she could do to make it better by making better choices. And maybe heal a little bit as a result. Sadly Buffy growing up is not something anyone is interested in.

amberjane

Potential
i considered it hand holding because she couldnt get the situation under control herself, it took giles giving her a fat check. her support system wasnt gonna help get her that loan. yes, s3 showed her being very capable of taking care if herself, but not dawn, home expenses, etc.

i always find it fascinating how everyone interprets s6 differently... i dont see how buffy did anything that horrible. s6 imo was about everyone's inner demons- willows addiction, xanders future fears, buffy trying to cope with her emotions- the only thing she did wrong (use someone who had feelings for her) she owned up to, to which spike replied 'really not complaining luv,' but he was, and that was his inner demon: his selfishness. the so called 'spike show' happened bc he was buffy's driving influence, she wasnt making choices on her own thoughts, but i wouldnt say she had gone bonkers. even talking to holden was just to get an unbiased opinion from someone who was offering, which she couldnt get from the scoobies.

buffy didnt have a grasp on her life, and youre right about her ignoring her support system because of how she felt, but i dont find it bonkers, i find it relatable. so i felt by season 7 she was thinking for herself again instead of letting someone like spike drive the wheel. so i do feel like that was character growth that the comics lost.

GoSpuffy
GoSpuffy
I couldn't agree more
Priceless
Priceless
Well said

white avenger

white avenger
Don't give up hope yet, Spuffies, and, Bangels, don't start planning any victory celebration just yet. The fat lady ain't even walked up on the stage yet.

I remember something that a whole lot of you have either forgotten or missed entirely when it first came up. All I'm gonna say for right now is, it ain't over til it's over, and it ain't nowhere close to that point yet.

Remember, folks, you're hearing this from the guy who predicted that Buffy and Spike would get together in Season 10 THREE YEARS AGO.

GoSpuffy
GoSpuffy
[No message]
Sternbeeere
Sternbeeere
[No message]
Top Bottom