• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Promote Your Country

Nix

Evil Nix 😈 🦄 Unicorn of Death!
Sineya
Ok, so someone said to you you have to design/write/promote a campaign to promote your country (in a positive way), or everyone you know will suffer!! (A bit dramatic but there you go!) What would you come up with? How would you promote the positives of your beloved country?
(If you live somewhere other than your home country you can promote both or the one you love the most)...

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
What, how is that possible? We just had a lovely ruddy great fire and did anyone think of throwing even one more shrimp on it?
When is a fire to big to be called a Barbie?

katmobile

Scooby
I'm proud of the NHS and hope Brexit doesn't destroy it and the way my compatriots treated David Blaine when he came to London even Anyanka BS would have loved the second one.

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
I'm proud of the NHS and hope Brexit doesn't destroy it and the way my compatriots treated David Blaine when he came to London even Anyanka BS would have loved the second one.
Being in political disagreement with another member does not excuse personal attacks, I’m sure the ”BS” was not an accidental abbreviation here. We expect you to be able to post without attacking another poster, one who is not even in this thread btw, so you’re not even pretending to argue against their opinion. You are just being rude.

Stop making it personal, it makes you look petty and childish.

katmobile

Scooby
Being in political disagreement with another member does not excuse personal attacks, I’m sure the ”BS” was not an accidental abbreviation here. We expect you to be able to post without attacking another poster, one who is not even in this thread btw, so you’re not even pretending to argue against their opinion. You are just being rude.

Stop making it personal, it makes you look petty and childish.
It's an abbreviation for Bunny Slayer but I won't do it again.

However she is often patronising and rude to people and no one bats an eyelid because it's cloaked in 'humour' ...just saying.

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
It's an abbreviation for Bunny Slayer but I won't do it again.

However she is often patronising and rude to people and no one bats an eyelid because it's cloaked in 'humour' ...just saying.
She gets reprimanded plenty, actually. This is like Bangel and Spuffy debates, neither side feels like the other one is being appropriately dealt with because both are too focused on their own.

katmobile

Scooby
She gets reprimanded plenty, actually. This is like Bangel and Spuffy debates, neither side feels like the other one is being appropriately dealt with because both are too focused on their own.
That makes sense actually.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I think the NHS and the welfare state are things to be proud of. We don't have small children living on the streets here like in other countries.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
CANADA

Think of it as America with the mistakes taken out.

1. Medical care for all residents.
2. Political campaigning is restricted by law to 37 days before an election.
3. One quarter of the gun deaths per capita of the US.
4. No electoral college nonsense.
5. The senate is not elected so they don't have to worry about popular opinion when they send bills back for rework.
6. The Prime Minister is the leader of the party with the most elected seats so you never have a president of the opposite party to the congress or senate.
7. More than two parties so you never get "gentlemen's agreements" to not discuss anything - a lower-tier party always wants to bring buried issues to the surface.
8. Vast enormous tracts of land so you never feel hemmed in even if the area you are in is densely populated.
9. Immigrants are generally welcome in Canada whereas they are generally unwelcome in the US.
10. No military ambitions to run the world or start an empire.
11. A good standard of living.
12. More freedom in terms of individual civil liberties than the US.

Mr. Pointy
Mr. Pointy
If you can do something about the winter cold you've convinced me 😉
TriBel
TriBel
Yeah...I'm with @Mr. Pointy - I'm hesitant about moving to Scotland because of the weather. There's more of it in Canada!
K
katmobile
Hell yes one of the hardest countries to emigrate to for a reason. It's like some took the positivity of Americans with the sense of humour and politeness of Brits.
thrasherpix
thrasherpix
This actually made me envious of Canada. I did once plan to get an advanced (Mastery of Library Science) in Canada in one course of action I considered...maybe if I had I'd have stayed!

TriBel

Scooby
DRAFT

Welcome to England!

While you're here why not visit our capital city, London,

home to Westminster, the Mother of Parliaments and Father of Lies.

See infamous English politicians lying, lying down, busy at work

We were We're well connected.

From here, it's only a short ride to Freedom Euston where you can board
the Caledonian Sleeper to Scotland.

No passport necessary yet

Or, why not make your way to St Pancras International

where you can hop on the Eurostar to Paris or Rotterdam.

Don't believe anything everything you read in the newspapers: you'll be perfectly safe.

The biggest danger is from falling £££££££££.

I tend to think of myself as British and European rather than English - I like the United Kingdom but can understand Scotland's desire for independence. More seriously, as others have said, the Welfare State and the NHS; the British sense of humour (irony and the ability to laugh at ourselves); until recently, the BBC. Our innovation (particularly 18/19th century - Scotland should take a lot of kudos for this) and working class radicalism. For that reason, I like the mish-mass-mess that is Manchester...and the people in Liverpool. I don't like our class system, growing nationalism, our tabloid press or penalty shoot-outs (particularly against the Germans). I can take or leave the monarchy.

@WillowFromBuffy I like that we have less chlamydia than Iceland, Denmark and Norway and @Ethan Reigns less bears than Canada.

Last edited:

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
One of the few places where there is a politician lying on a leather sofa, primarily within the City of Westminster. Admittedly though that city is within the bounds of the City of London.
Those pictures of dogs show why street vendors selling hot dogs do not exist on every street corner; picture how big a roll would need to be used to encompass one.
For Scotland you need speak to Bluebird's sister about a take-away Haggis. For Wales you'd best use the Leek and Red Dragon, but for Cornwall you'd need be bloody careful as it is known as the Devil's Country and for good reason.

white avenger
white avenger
John Wayne sings "God Bless America" in another video, but I didn't think that the more delicate members here would beable to stand it.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
@ Mr. Pointy, (about your comment on #11)
please be aware that the very thick layer of white stuff on the ground is insulation to keep the cold off the ground, so Canada is, in effect, a nice warm place.
And to @TriBel don't worry about the white stuff on the ground in Scotland, as long as you drive a ruddy great snow plough that is.

Top Bottom