• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Random thread - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
White bread. SMH. No. I didnt know people still ate white bread. You are such the rebel Nightlight.
I don't, and I miss the crisp sandwiches, it's just not the same with seeded bread

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
"Before adopting Muggle plumbing methods in the eighteenth century, witches and wizards simply relieved themselves wherever they stood." I bet those robes sure smelled good. Sometimes when writers are done writing their books they need to STFU and move on. This kind of crap makes no sense. Although now I so want to see a flashback to olden times where they all just went around shitting themselves and abracadabraing it out of view.

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
You don't have a sense of humor?
No, not when it comes to that show! It aired on Channel 5 here, which was the channel that Joey was on too. Remember that masterpiece?

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I might have bacon for breakfast. Still an hour til its light out. Is it too early for breakfast?

I've just realised The Rolling Stones' song Paint it Black seems to be about a woman mourning the loss of her loved one during the Vietnam war (given the time the song was written). The whole paint it black motif is about grief. The lyrics:

I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black

(Bright colours are associated with happiness whilst black is associated with pain and grief)

I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

(The woman sees other women carrying on as normal, unaffected by the woman's loss)

I see a line of cars and they're all painted black
With flowers and my love both never to come back

(It's a funeral procession for more than one dead soldier)

I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
Like a new born baby it just happens every day

(News of soldiers dying is a regular occurrence, the people turning their heads and quickly looking away could either be because they don't know what to say to the woman or because they too are mourning the death of a loved one)

I look inside myself and see my heart is black
I see my red door, I must have it painted black

(The woman feels like she can't be happy again)

Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts
It's not easy facin' up when your whole world is black

(The woman doesn't want to face the reality that her lover is dead)

No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue
I could not foresee this thing happening to you

(The woman never thought her lover would die, it's the type of thing that happens to "other" people, not to you)

Now to try and lighten the mood, some comedy:

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Stop it, evil hand! Stop it!
Black Thorn
What do people really get out of pretending to be somebody else online? (I'm binging Catfish rn)
Oh God, that show is crazy. And I too, have never figured out how someone can pretend to be another person; I mean, when the people actually meet, how do you explain your appearance? It's really sad sometimes.

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I forgot to have lunch. I know why cos if I cook I will make more dishes and I really just need a break from cleaning right now. I am thinking I will get some of that roo mince out of the freezer and make roo sloppy joes. Sloppy roos? I think I need a better name for that. I am on my last kale and last peach. I had planned to go shopping tomorrow after the dentist but they moved my appointment so I wont have enough time to get to the city shops after (I cant go before cos the groceries will rot in my hot car). I will have to go to the rip off merchants who charge 3X the coles price for food. I miss the spud shed :(

On a happy note -how amazing are peaches!!! I hadn't had them for years and this batch were just perfect. So yum. I had missed out on summer fruits for so long, now I can afford them again and they are magestical! I want a peach tree.

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
Nah I'm not a sitcom fan either, especially ones with the added laughter in them like you're encouraged to find it funny when it's not.

FaithLehane16

"I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop"
Nah I'm not a sitcom fan either, especially ones with the added laughter in them like you're encouraged to find it funny when it's not.
I don't laugh at stupidity though. I don't laugh at people like Joey Tribbiani and Barney Stinson that often. They are my least favorite characters in sitcoms. They aren't intelligently stupid like Michael Kelso is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom