• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rank the Angel season 2 episodes

Carrie Hopewell

Little girl lost in the woods
Sineya
1. Epiphany (despite the meh B plot with Cordy, I appreciate the simple beauty of this episode. It's soothing and full of great character moments. It underlines the philosophy of the show)
2. Reprise (I often list this episode as my second favorite episode of the series, but right now I prefer Epiphany. Reprise is disquieting and exciting, but also a bit messy)
3. Are You Now or Have You Ever Been (excellent episode, it's perfection)
4. Judgment (really underrated episode - funny, poignant and full of great dialogue, this episode aptidly lays down Angel's character, his future and the main ideology of the show)
5. Darla
6. Reunion
7. Blood Money
8. Happy Anniversary (yes I love this episode and don't think it's the worst of the show)
9. Redefinition
10. The Trial
11. The Thin Dead Line
12. Guise Will Be Guise
13. Dear Boy (some great bits, but the Fang Gang has no purpose in this episode and mainly just acts like a bunch of amateurs)
14. Dead End (don't really care about Lindsey)
15. Through the Looking Glass
16. There's No Place Like Plztr Glrb
17. Over the Rainbow
18. First Impressions
19. Belonging
20. The Shroud of Rahmon
21. Disharmony (ridiculous and ridiculously boring)
22. Untouched (dead last because of all the gross misogyny. No Cordelia, a rape victim isn't to blame for being raped, and she doesn't give off a "sexual vibe" *shudders*)

Quite frankly, I mostly don't care about any episodes after 13. I hate the last 4 and dislike the Pylea arc. It's funny how unsatisfying this season can be, when compared to seasons 1 and 4, yet it's so rich and incredible.

Mylie

Scooby
I want to do this but I feel like I should do a rewatch first because I don't remember the episodes I didn't care for as much for AtS as I do for BtVS.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I want to do this but I feel like I should do a rewatch first because I don't remember the episodes I didn't care for as much for AtS as I do for BtVS.
Yea same here. Because Angel is more of serial episode show and less monster of the week like Buffy I find that I don't remember individual episodes as much, just the overall arc. I need to do a rewatch. But if the show is leaving Netflix, then it might be a while til I can buy the DVDs. I'm pretty sure my favorite episode is either Reunion, Are You Now... or Darla.

Mylie

Scooby
Yea same here. Because Angel is more of serial episode show and less monster of the week like Buffy I find that I don't remember individual episodes as much, just the overall arc. I need to do a rewatch. But if the show is leaving Netflix, then it might be a while til I can buy the DVDs. I'm pretty sure my favorite episode is either Reunion, Are You Now... or Darla.
Those are my 3 favorites as well. You have good taste :)

Priceless

Scooby
1. Epiphany
2. Disharmony
3. Reunion
4. Judgement
5. Reprise
6. The Trial
7. Dear Boy
8. Are You Now Or Have You Ever Been
9. Redefinition
10. Over The Rainbow
11. Belonging
12. There's No Place . . .
13. Dead End
14. Through The Looking Glass
15. Darla
16. Happy Anniversary
17. The Shroud of Rahmon
18. First Impressions
19. Blood Money
20. Untouched
21. Guise Will Be Guise
22. The Thin Dead Line

Black Thorn
1. Epiphany (despite the meh B plot with Cordy, I appreciate the simple beauty of this episode. It's soothing and full of great character moments. It underlines the philosophy of the show)
2. Reprise (I often list this episode as my second favorite episode of the series, but right now I prefer Epiphany. Reprise is disquieting and exciting, but also a bit messy)
3. Are You Now or Have You Ever Been (excellent episode, it's perfection)
4. Judgment (really underrated episode - funny, poignant and full of great dialogue, this episode aptidly lays down Angel's character, his future and the main ideology of the show)
5. Darla
6. Reunion
7. Blood Money
8. Happy Anniversary (yes I love this episode and don't think it's the worst of the show)
9. Redefinition
10. The Trial
11. The Thin Dead Line
12. Guise Will Be Guise
13. Dear Boy (some great bits, but the Fang Gang has no purpose in this episode and mainly just acts like a bunch of amateurs)
14. Dead End (don't really care about Lindsey)
15. Through the Looking Glass
16. There's No Place Like Plztr Glrb
17. Over the Rainbow
18. First Impressions
19. Belonging
20. The Shroud of Rahmon
21. Disharmony (ridiculous and ridiculously boring)
22. Untouched (dead last because of all the gross misogyny. No Cordelia, a rape victim isn't to blame for being raped, and she doesn't give off a "sexual vibe" *shudders*)

Quite frankly, I mostly don't care about any episodes after 13. I hate the last 4 and dislike the Pylea arc. It's funny how unsatisfying this season can be, when compared to seasons 1 and 4, yet it's so rich and incredible.
I second this because I'm too lazy to type my own. :p

spikenbuffy

"Why can't I stay"
Staff member
1. Reprise
2. Epiphany
3. Reunion
4. Guise Will Be Guise
5. Darla
6. The Trial
7. Are You Now Or Have You Ever Been
8. Blood Money