you're not for one minute telling me than Billy Idol doesn't look cool?
My Season 1 Rankings - I love 11 0ut of 12 of these eps, which is actually the highest percentage of good to bad for me. So I'm a big S1 lover.
12. Teacher's Pet- the weaker Xander focused ep. The only S1 episode I actually dislike.
11. Nightmares- Hard to care about Billy. Some of the fears (not the Buffy/Giles ones) just aren't scary/interesting.
10. Never Kill A Boy On A First Date: The vampire-plot stuff is okay but the 'boy likes me' soap opera is not.
9. Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind: Hard to care about Marcie, but at least we get some Cordelia focus.
8. The Puppet Show- A 75/25 ep. Some great dialogue, snappy characters, good mystery. Not keen on Sid. It being so low just means all the others are better.
7. The Havest- I always found this a weak execution tot he two-parter. Very good character stuff though. The world is not doomed, it just got better.
6. The Witch- Cheerleader happenings. Fun! And a cat-jump scare! Cheesy. And that ending. Heehee.
5. I Robot, You Jane - it has its problems but it's really funny. Plus, Willow-centric and at least I've invested in Willow.
4. Welcome To The Hellmouth- great intro, well-paced and all the character intro's are iconic.
3. Angel- Adorable Bangely-ness. Angel gets a nice little backstory that will serve him well.
2. Prophecy Girl- Great, really great, but I do cringe when they put the theme tune IN the show. Very 90's.
1. The Pack- Briliant metaphor for the horrors of bullying. Some great lines as well. The darkest/most unsettling ep of the season. Pig-icide! Buffy's fashion! Xander being mean! Willow crying!