• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Rank the Season 2 Episodes

Btvs fan

Scooby
Ok here we go

1) Becoming Pt2
2) Passion
3) Innocence
4) Lie to Me
5 ) Becoming pt1
6) I only have eyes for you
7 ) What's My line Pt2
8) School Hard
9 ) When She was bad
10 ) Halloween
11 ) BBB
12) Surprise
13 ) What's my line pt1
14 ) Phases
15 ) Reptile Boy
16 ) Killed by Death
17 ) Dark Age
18 ) Bad Eggs
19 ) Some Assembly Required
20) Go Fish
21) Inca Mummy Girl
22) Ted

Gingerbread

Townie
My favourite season, containing some of my favourite episodes of television ever.

22. Inca Mummy Girl
21. Some Assembly Required
20. Reptile Boy
19. The Dark Age
18. Go Fish
17. Killed By Death
16. Bad Eggs
15. Ted
14. When She Was Bad
13. What's My Line Part 2
12. What's My Line Part 1
11. Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered
10. Phases
9. Halloween
8. School Hard
7. Lie To Me
6. Surprise
5. Passion
4. Becoming Part 1
3. Innocence
2. I Only Have Eyes For You
1. Becoming Part 2

MrX

Townie
By far the best season of Buffy. Difficult to rank but here it goes :

1. Passion: This episode is as close to perfect as you can get. Even today I fail to understand how a writing team can come up with an episode of this caliber, and then be the same writing team that gave us the Initiative, Dawn, Riley and a whole bunch of other crap.

2. School Hard: Buffy the Vampire Slayer the mini-film. Spike was always better as a villain.

3. Surprise/Innocence: This is how you shake things up. Side note, the dream sequences here are way better than the ones in Restless.

4. Becoming Part 1 & 2: Intense awesome finale where we got to explore Angel's past. Although, I think as finales go Prophecy Girl just beats it.

5. Killed By Death: I love this episode and the demon. One of my biggest gripes with Buffy is that in the later seasons the demons became very generic and seemed to be walking around in the open without anyone noticing.

6. Halloween: For all you people who think Tabula Rasa is a great episode, please remember this episode did it first and did it better.

7. Lie To Me: Fantastic episode. Awesome writing.

8. Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered: How to be fun, silly and dark. SMG is so gorgeous in this episode.

9. The Dark Age: Interesting demon and Cordelia's scene with the cops is priceless.

10. What's My Line Part 1 & 2: Great way to conclude the middle of the season.

11. Reptile Boy: Great filler episode. Can be skipped, but shouldn't.

12. Ted: Buffy vs a Robot. Terrific episode but the ending was a bit of a let down.

13. Phases: Buffy vs a Werewolf. Crap werewolf costume. Otherwise very enjoyable episode.

14. Bad Eggs: Buffy vs a Body Snatchers. Fun filler episode. Can easily be skipped though.

15. I Only Have Eyes For You: Buffy vs a Ghost. Last 10 minutes are terrific, but the Ghost story wasn't really my thing.

16. Some Assembly Required: Buffy vs Frankenstein's monster. Some nice character moments but some imagination required.

17. When She Was Bad: When Buffy was less badass than in Prophecy Girl.

18. Inca Mummy Girl: Buffy vs a Mummy. Some nice character moments but the monster is amongst the weakest in the entire show.

19. Go Fish : Buffy vs the creatures from the Black Lagoon. It has its moments but can definitely be skipped.

22. Bad Eggs (gross)
21. Reptile Boy
20. Go Fish
19. Some Assembly Required
18. Inca Mummy Girl
17. The Dark Age
16. When She Was Bad
15. Phases
14. School Hard
13. What's My Line Part 1
12. Whats My Line Part 2
11. Halloween
10. Killed by Death
9. Surprise
8. Lie to Me
7. Innocence
6. Becoming Part 1
5. Ted
4. I Only Have Eyes For You
3. Bewitched Bothered and Bewildered
2. Passion
1. Becoming Part 2

Dogs of Winter

Potential
20. Bad Eggs - Just a really bad episode

19. Go Fish - It has its moments but not good overall, and made to seem worse by its position in the season

18. Inca Mummy Girl - the idea of the Incan girl sacrificed to save her people and the parallels to Buffy could have made an interesting episode, but just a bit dull

17. Reptile Boy - really slow start, Cordy was too annoying and the demon was awful, but there were some funny moments in the middle

16. Killed by Death - not sure why I don't like this episode more. There are some good ideas, but the whole just feels worse than the sum of its parts

15. Some Assembly Required - the main plot is terrible when it gets going, but some nice moments especially the Giles and Jenny stuff which is great

14. Phases - I really like Oz, but I dont think any of the Oz episodes completely work (even in Wild at Heart and New Moon Rising the ending is far better than the rest of the episode), but still an enjoyable episode

13. Ted - The first time I saw this ep I hated the way everyone behaves to Buffy, but I like it more each time I see it, and John Ritter is great

12. The Dark Age - Loved finding out a bit more about Giles past and meeting Ethan again, but the episode petered out a bit in the second half

11. When She Was Bad - One of my favourite Buffy openers. I liked how they followed up on how she was feeling from S1, and the bone smashing scene was powerful

10. School Hard - Really fun introduction to Spike and Dru. Still think Spike was better as a villain

9. Lie to Me - The writing was starting to get more layered by this point, and love the ending with Buffy and Giles

8. Whats My Line - Even though there had been better one off eps before this in S1 + S2, the way they handled the 2 part story was the point where the show really started to take off for me

7. I Only Have Eyes For You - I love the idea of the ghosts doomed to repeat the same event for eternity

6. Surprise - Enjoyed the dream sequence, and there were some nice and funny moments but mainly it was about that ending!

5. Bewitched Bothered and Bewildered - One of the funniest eps in the show. Really good mix of silly and dark

4. Halloween - Great lines and scenes all the way through. Just the thought of Giles reaction to Willow is making me laugh now. But it also has some nice character moments especially some growth for Willow and hints that there is more to Giles than meets the eye. One of the most rewatchable eps

3. Passion - Tonally perfect. Voiceovers can sometimes be an easy way out for writers but Angel's narration adds so much to the power of the episode. I really liked Jenny and was shocked at her death, and the scene where Giles finds her is so moving. It was also really brave - lots of other shows would have avoided having a main character do something so viciously cruel

2. Innocence - Great writing and talk about shaking things up! Really good acting too especially from DB. He clearly loved playing Angelus and having a bit more to do.

1. Becoming - Best season finale in the Buffyverse (along with NFA). Too many great scenes to mention but love seeing more of Angels past. The personal nature of the conflict between Buffy and Angel gives it so much resonance, and seeing Buffy leave on the bus is brutal to watch.

Top Bottom