• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rank the Season 8 Arcs

fauxindigo

Scooby
From Best to Worst

Time of Your Life
No Future for You
Retreat
Twilight
Wolves at the Gate
Predators and Prey
The Long Way Home
Last Gleaming

Priceless

Scooby
I haven't read season 8 in a long while, but from what I remember:

Wolves At The Gate - enjoyed Dracula, Satsu and Dawn were great and I liked the Japanese setting

No Future For You - Faith's story was emotional and I enjoyed her actually making a friend in Lady Genevieve

Last Gleaming - Spike's back and Angel killing Giles was shocking.

The Long Way Home - good opening to the season, loved the Scottish setting, but not Buffy being so 'lonely'

Time Of Your Life - I know Fray is really popular, but I didn't find her, or the story that interesting :oops:

Retreat - nice to see Oz again, but hated those goddesses

Twilight - It's Angel and there's sex :confused:

Predators and Pray - don't remember this and would have to re-read to give an opinion

fauxindigo

Scooby
I haven't read season 8 in a long while, but from what I remember:

Wolves At The Gate - enjoyed Dracula, Satsu and Dawn were great and I liked the Japanese setting

No Future For You - Faith's story was emotional and I enjoyed her actually making a friend in Lady Genevieve

Last Gleaming - Spike's back and Angel killing Giles was shocking.

The Long Way Home - good opening to the season, loved the Scottish setting, but not Buffy being so 'lonely'

Time Of Your Life - I know Fray is really popular, but I didn't find her, or the story that interesting :oops:

Retreat - nice to see Oz again, but hated those goddesses

Twilight - It's Angel and there's sex :confused:

Predators and Pray - don't remember this and would have to re-read to give an opinion

Maybe I need to read Last Gleaming again. I remember Spike coming back and the big final battle was good but I hate what "Angel" did to Giles. ..Even though it was interesting to see him try to resurrect Giles in Season 9.

I loved the goddesses in Retreat! The Tibetan mountain setting was like an awesome big arena and they kind of reminded me of how Buffy already fought a demigod in Glory.

Long Way Home was really awesome (it being the first and all); I also loved the Scottish setting/castle HQ and Amy as a villain but despised the fact that Warren was back.

Time of Your Life I thought was also really amazing! I'm from New York so I love the future NY setting, Buffy time traveling and the fact that Dark Willow was there was really cool. Also Fray is a cool slayer with a lot of personality and her brother Harth is another amazing character and actually probably closer to being the first male slayer than Billy because Harth inherited the slayers precognitive abilities. I think this whole world of Fray is really exciting and full of rich characters.

Priceless

Scooby
Maybe I need to read Last Gleaming again. I remember Spike coming back and the big final battle was good but I hate what "Angel" did to Giles. ..Even though it was interesting to see him try to resurrect Giles in Season 9.
It was the shock factor that elevated the story for me. When I think of S8, it's Giles' death that I think of first (then the sex lol) I can visualise Buffy lying on the ground, too broken to move, tears running down her face. I thought it was so heartbreaking and meaningful.

What I remember of Retreat was them all deciding they'd try to bury their powers so they wouldn't be found, and the very next issue they are resurrecting their powers because they've been found. It made no sense to me and seemed to happen far too quickly.

I think once I've finished my S7 re-watch I shall re-read the comics and I might feel differently. It will only be the 3rd time I'll have read S8

AndrewCrossett

Satsu Otaku
Sineya
Wolves at the Gate
No Future For You
The Long Way Home
Time of Your Life
Predators and Prey
Twilight
Retreat
Last Gleaming

The Ferg

Scooby
1. Wolves at the Gate
2. Long Way Home
3. No Future For You
4. Time of Your Life
5. Last Gleaming
6. Twilight
7. Retreat
8. Predators & Prey

And because I can't help myself, Top 5 single-issue stories.
1. After These Messages...
2. Willow: Goddesses and Monters
3. TotV: The Thrill
4. The Chain
5. Anywhere But Here

Last edited:
Top Bottom