• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rank Whedon's Four Shows!

Joan the Vampire Slayer

Carpe Spuffy!
Buffy - best show ever made duh
Firefly - one of the better genre shows with infinate possibility in my opinion
Angel - better in the earlier seasons, but 5 is fantastic
Dollhouse - the second season was very good and it was a bummer it was cancelled

DagonSphere

Potential
- Buffy
Joss' masterpiece. Seven years of great storytelling, well-cast. While the first season is not completely formed, it still knows better what it is in the first season than Angel and Dollhouse.

- Angel
Could have been ranked in third place, but Firefly has fewer episodes, so I'll stick with Angel. Besides, seasons 4+5 were so clever and inventive that it just needs to be in second place.

- Firefly
I would have ranked it in second place, but it does not have enough episodes to qualify. However, one of the rare shows that works from the beginning, characters and their interaction are wonderful, the arc is beautifully build up in the more stand-alone episodes, with two by two hands of blue, and it's a fun show.

- Dollhouse
I love Dollhouse, but there are so many plot holes and logic questions that it cannot rank much higher. Additionally, the show took too long to find itself and it has the worst actor of the Whedonverse on it, Fran Kranz.

AnthonyCordova

Earth Invasion Taskforce Unlimited
Sineya
1-Buffy (objectively one of the most innovative television shows ever, which is how I prefer to evaluate shows)
2-Angel (a model show of consistency)
3-Firefly (had a lot of potential, very suggestive)
4-Dollhouse (good but not great, but an interesting concept)

keeping things in perspective, I don't think anyone I know would deny that these shows, regardless of the arrangement, are much better than the average

NeonSlayer

Potential
Buffy
Firefly

I can't even rate Angel or Dollhouse unless you want it to go into negative digits. I can't watch AtS on repeat viewings since Angel was obsessed with Cordelia for most of the series. They spent the whole s3 unsubtly trying to turn her into Buffy, even Cordelia's last episode in s5 was a place filler since it was written for SMG but she was unavailable. It makes it hard to even watch Angel scenes on BtVS. "I love you, nothing can change that, not even death" Apparently a spinoff can make him forget it for several years, to go so far as to reference her while trying to hook up with another girl. And in AtS s1 Angel is all "We don't belong to ourselves, we belong to the world fighting" but suddenly in s3 he's perusing the girl she sat next to in high school even though he's still a cursed vampire? Dollhouse is incredibly rape-y and that aspect of it was under examined. It was like an entire tv series based on BtVS' Who Are You & Katrina in Dead Things.

Last edited:

CHK DeWilSon

A BAngel fan. Always.
Joint no.1 BVTS and ATS
If I really had to pick the ultimate one then it's heart for Angel versus head for Buffy the vampire slayer plus I love the first four series of Angel compare to loving the first three series of Buffy, liking the next two series, hating the last two series and not liking the last series of Angel.

Firefly is something that I try to get into but it was not for me and the same goes for Dollhouse.

If we could put AoS in the mix, I'd certainly put it up there with BVTS and ATS. Love the show and the characters and it good that they aren't afraid to get rid of their villains even though they prove to be popular.

LeeJones41

Potential
I can only rank it from most liked to least liked:

1. "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
2. "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."
3. "Angel"
4. "Dollhouse"
5. "Firefly"

Mr Trick

Scooby
Always hard to place Firefly when it had one season compared with multi-season shows. Think I would still have it third behind Buffy and Angel, but it could go up on re-watches. If Agents of Shield counts guess it would either be third or fourth.

spikenbuffy

"Why can't I stay"
1 Buffy The Vampire Slayer
2 Angel
3 Dollhouse, what I loved the most about it was S1 when Paul didn't work at Dollhouse like he will in S2. I prefer S1 to S2 but it will maybe change with some rewatch.
4 Never seen Firefly

Top Bottom