• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Rate the Last Movie You watched #35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunga Munga

Scooby
Deadpool 2 8/10
Not really much of a recent Marvel film guy . Prolly why I enjoy Deadpool so much . Irreverent , funny , super dark and manages to smash down the 4th Wall with a bit of panache .

TriBel

Scooby
Deadpool 2 8/10
Not really much of a recent Marvel film guy . Prolly why I enjoy Deadpool so much . Irreverent , funny , super dark and manages to smash down the 4th Wall with a bit of panache .
I love the rubble of a smashed 4th wall - almost as good as the Berlin wall tumbling. I'm pretty sure they remove it completely in the basement when Faith and Spike are talking. From Faith's POV there's a wall behind Spike, which disappears so they can get a camera behind him for an over-the-shoulder POV shot. If I'm right, it's "dirty talk", filmed as a "dirty" shot-reverse-shot in an episode called Dirty Girls. Even if I'm wrong I'm sticking to the story. I digress. I tried to watch this (love Deadpool - and that was before Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney bought Wrexham FC) but gave up because I couldn't find subtitles. I don't suppose you noticed any did you?

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - 6/10

Space opera featuring a corrupt commander with a genocide to hide, boy and girl officers and survivors who need a couple of things to rebuild their world. Extra cheese.

Priceless

Scooby
White God (2014) - Interesting film, sometimes hard to watch 7/10

The Family Way (1966) -
Wonderful slice of northern life 7/10

Last edited:
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Yeah remember seeing White God at the cinema. Really full on at times.

Mr Trick

Scooby
The Truth About Cats and Dogs (1996) 8/10
A really perceptive, funny and charming film about gender, romance, but more importantly the true nature of friendship. Its nicely cast and is a remember that Janeane Garofalo could improve just about any film and should be a much bigger star than she is.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Alien Directors Cut - 3/10

Another classic that's clearly been way overhyped for years. A crew of idiots get picked off one at a time and the least stupid and annoying survives. Lots of flashing lights and smoke to cover for the fact nothings happening.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
You are off your rocker! Those monster effects are ground breaking! The actings great, and its tense all the way through. Plus a proper story.
Spanky
Spanky
Told you you wouldnt like it!

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
@Spanky you were right. People were easily pleased in the 70's. Put a spaceship in the future and you have a masterpiece.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
I think there's much more to than that. I mean you can boil any film or TV series down to its basic premise and not give the full picture.

Mr Trick

Scooby
My Bloody Valentine (1981) 5/10
Solid enough trashy 80s slasher with a forgettable killer, and a bunch of 20 somethings who for some reason get horny at the thought of going down a mine.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
@Mr Trick of course I'm being a bit silly and sweeping to lump this in with Star Wars. Both 70's and over rated in my opinion.

Alien suffers from a lack of characters. The only thing we know is that they're stupid. So I don't care when the Alien munches through them. Honestly I have more health and safety oversight for changing print toner at work than these clowns do for quarantine procedure.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Fair enough. I love the characters. They all have their own distinct personalities.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom