• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Rate the Last Movie You watched #40

Plasma

Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! ❤️
Staff member
Elvis - 9/10

I really liked this! There was a lot of striking visual choices in this movie, and it was never boring. A really tragic and unconventional biopic that was engaging and wonderful to watch

whatdBuffyDo

Scooby
Sineya
Uptown Girls 7/10
Totally in love with the late Brittany Murphy 🥺🌹🌹🌹
Also, Dakota Fanning is a really good actor.

Uptown_Girls-819569526-large.jpg
Uptown_Girls-120137959-large.jpg

MV5BMjIxMDg1NzkzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjk3Mjg3NA@@._V1_.jpg

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
I love that movie, haven't seen it in a while, I loved Brittany Murphy.
TamsinValencia
TamsinValencia
I love that movie

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Thor: Love and Thunder - 7/10
I had fun with this movie, but it was too goofy. Also, Gorr the God Butcher, didn't do any butchering after the opening scene. I liked the return of Natalie Portman, but her heavy cancer storyline felt off with the overly funny tone of the movie. Also, wish we got a bit more with the Guardians of the Galaxy. Still, I enjoyed it, not as much as Ragnarok, but definitely better than The Dark World.

Twilight - 5/10
I finally saw Twilight! And it's not bad, it's not great, but I mildly enjoyed it. I've decided to watch all the movies, and maybe read the books. I can see the appeal of Twilight, even if it's not really for me, it's intriguing take on vampires. Bella's kinda boring though, but I have really enjoyed Kristen Stewart in recent films, which helps. Robert Pattinson was okay, some of his acting was bad or maybe bad directions but I can see why he got a huge fan following after this. Loved seeing a young Anna Kendrick.

Where the Crawdads Sing - 6/10
I loved the book ,so I was excited for this movie, and it was okay. Felt more like a Lifetime movie, with less suspense. I think the movie should have played up the murder mystery angle/suspense more. I thought Daisy Edgar-Jones did a great job, and after Fresh and Under the Banner of Heaven I'm a fan of hers now. This kinda feels like it should have been a Chloe Zhao movie, in terms of capturing the beauty of nature. My crowd was mostly older women, or older women who dragged their husbands, and one kid with his parents or grandparents. But after the movie, all the women went into the bathroom and the ones who didn't read the books, were blown away by the ending and kept asking questions to those of us that read the book, and one lady was more excited than I was. lol. Maybe check it out on streaming, but the book explains the ending much better.

Ghost Boy

Scooby
Garm Wars: The Last Druid (2014).

Low-budget sci-fi fantasy with philosophical pretensions. Atmospheric but the visual effects and battle scenes sometimes looked amateurish. And the story and dialogue was often unnecessarily obscure.

4/10.

MV5BMzYzOTA0Mzc0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDg5MTQ5NzE@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

Stake fodder

What about my me?
House on Haunted Hill (1959) - 7/10.

I watched this because it is one of those classic horror movies that gets referenced a lot, but I expected it to be kinda corny. Yet I found it engaging, with a few moments that still startled. The most surprising thing was that Vincent Price was not the creepy guy; that instead was Elisha Cook, who was laughably lugubrious, as the stock horror character constantly saying, "We're all gonna die."

Plasma

Staff member
House on Haunted Hill (1959) - 7/10.

I watched this because it is one of those classic horror movies that gets referenced a lot, but I expected it to be kinda corny. Yet I found it engaging, with a few moments that still startled. The most surprising thing was that Vincent Price was not the creepy guy; that instead was Elisha Cook, who was laughably lugubrious, as the stock horror character constantly saying, "We're all gonna die."

Vincent Price is my favorite actor of all time, and roles like this are when he’s at his best. Haunted Hill is such a fun movie anyways, with a legitimately good “jump” scare in it (the old lady). He’s just the cherry on top.

If you’re in the mood for another fun little Price movie, check out the Tingler! It’s a very fun time, especially if you participate :)

Stake fodder
Stake fodder
Thanks for the recommendation, I will look for it!

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Notting Hill - 2 thumbs up... er make that 4 thumbs up ;)
My girlfriend came over last nite. Was searching thru one of my streaming services for something to watch & cuddle to
When I heard that she'd never seen it before, we just had to watch. Now most peeps know that I'm not usually a fan of Romcoms
However, this is one of the exceptions. Most are from same writer/director (Richard Curtis). Good cast & great soundtrack
Young Emily Mortimer (literally in credits) as 'perfect girl'. Would take her over Julia Roberts any day ;)

Last edited:
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Not sure I've seen it all the way through. Its one I've seen some of the big scenes from. Always hear good things about it.
TamsinValencia
TamsinValencia
Need to see this

Hunga Munga

Scooby
Boone the Bounty Hunter (2017) 6.5/10
Quality 'B' movie thrills . Basically it feels like a 1990s syndicated action adventure show , but made with modern cameras . Stunt heavy , lots of high flying WWE wrestling and parkour skills on display . Surprisingly decent . The gunplay is a bit basic , the tongue-in-cheek script is no literary prize . Still, it's got something really engaging about it. Check it out here :)

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Yeah the lead is John Morrison who is a wrestling himself so no surprise.

Dogs of Winter

Potential
Nightmare Alley - 7
It was a good film but I felt it should have been better.
It had an amazing cast and Bradley Cooper was great in the lead but some actors were a bit wasted.
It was way too long especially in the first half, and although it looked amazing it lacked the grit of the original.
Although I did love the ending

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
yeah was rather disappointing
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Didn't do much for me either

Mr Trick

Scooby
Queen of Spades: Through the Looking Glass (2019) 5.5/10
As sequels go not too bad and my rating might go up on rewatches. The movie is free on youtube in the English dubbed version. The first Queen of Spades film is also on there in its native Russian.

Les Diaboliques (1955) 10/10

Copycat (1995) 5.5/10

Point Break (1991) 8.5/10

What a rush this film is. Never fails to deliver.

Hunga Munga

Scooby
John Wick 2 5/10 .
Well that was a letdown . How did that script get made ? Great actors , fabulous cinematography , good stuntwork ...but that story drained the colour out of my 2 hours .

Hunga Munga

Scooby
Jack Reacher 6.5/10 . Tom Cruise does a fair job of bringing the Reacher character to life . Respectable effort to transpose the thriller novel genre to the big screen . Perhaps a bit overshadowed by the recent Amazon Reacher tv show , this is still worth a look .

Plasma

Staff member
John Wick 2 5/10 .
Well that was a letdown . How did that script get made ? Great actors , fabulous cinematography , good stuntwork ...but that story drained the colour out of my 2 hours .

If you thought that was bad, avoid 3. There’s almost no plot or sense to be found in that movie.

Cool action scenes, but the great storytelling of the first JW is completely gone by this point

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
I didn't mind 3, but then I guess that's because I've not seen the first two.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Prey - 4 thumbs WAY up! Watched this movie with the GF. We watched the Comanche language version.
I'd definitely suggest watching it in Comanche. Think that lends to the realism and atmosphere.

Plasma
Plasma
Excited to see this
Black Thorn
Charlie’s Farm- 4/10

Oof I appreciate that I watched this film free on youtube. Bit slow and the kills weren’t great.

I was thankful to see Tara Reid that kept me going. Otherwise I would have switched it off halfway through. Wow what a woman.

Last edited:

Plasma

Staff member
Bullet Train - 9.5/10

images

This movie was AWESOME.

Imagine Clue, except instead of lame maids and Colonels, it’s hitmen and assassins all trying to kill each other during the game. The action was amazing, the visuals were wonderful, and the humor was really spot on. The cast also knocked it out of the park, from small roles to really big ones. The movie just oozes style, and there wasn’t a single moment that I wasn’t excited or interested to see what would happen next.

Oh, and the SOUNDTRACK. My goodness is the soundtrack good, and I don’t just mean the licensed songs. The ambient music and themes are amazing, and I would gladly buy that.

Top Bottom