• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rate the last movie you've seen #28

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
The Mountain Between Us - 6/10

Irdis Elba and Kate Winslet star in this movie about two people trying to get to Salt Lake City when no commercial flights are available, Ben (Idris) being a neurosurgeon who had to get somewhere to operate on a child and Alex (Kate) to meet her fiancée and plan their wedding. So they get a private plane to go and the pilot does not file a flight plan because it is VFR (visual flight rules) conditions. So nobody knows their aircraft is in the air and no one knows it has crashed and the ELT (Emergency Locator Transmitter) is broken. The pilot suffers a fatal stroke during the flight and they crash on a mountain, leaving them and the pilot's dog to survive and get help. The dog is the hero in this one. IMDB gives it 6.4/10 and this is reasonable but with the situation they were in, the story could have been made a bit more entertaining as their ordeal became the viewer's ordeal.

Mr Trick

Scooby
A Simple Favour - 7/10
Bonkers, but a lot of fun! The leads are very good. Anna Kendrick is so charming and sharp. It has its own logic, and is a mess, but a very entertaining one. Some great jokes and one liners.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Carrie (2013) 6/10

Halloween H20 (1998) 8/10
IMO the best of the sequels.

Evil Seal
Evil Seal
The Carrie remake deserves a 6 ? I thought the consensus was that it was really really bad

Mr Trick

Scooby
@Evil Seal It had a lot of problems. But the main casting of Moretz and Moore was good. Plus Judy Greer as the gym teacher. The direction was pretty good too. It's let down by a lot of the teen drama. Plus Kimberly Piece who directed Boys Don't Cry is an excellent director. But that's another problem. She's more known for directing drama. The film isn't scary enough.

Evil Seal
Evil Seal
Ok I see, I'm not making it a priority but might check it out if I got nothing else to do

Mr Trick

Scooby
The Hate U Give - 8/10
A upsetting, but empowering piece of cinema. Tells an important story about police racism, and the division that racism causes within communities. Most importantly its a mainstream film which should get its message out to a wide audience, including teenagers. This is a film which captures the world of a black teenager and her experience. It's beautiful, but scary film. Amandla Stenberg gives a stunning performance, one of the year's best.

Mr Trick

Scooby
The House on Sorority Row [1981] 6.5/10
A slow starter, but quite fun, Shylocky slasher/thriller. Some solid kills, good pacing and cheesy fun to be had. The score is real chilling too.

Evil Seal

Alright, 10 more minutes of chanting.
Haute Tension (2003)
The tension is indeed very high in this movie. The killer is very scary, mainly because of his banality mixed with a lot of intelligence (but also because he might be the grossest and goriest character ever). The characters don't make the usual horror movie mistakes that make you wanna say "don't go in there", which it's refreshing. However, without spoiling anything, I don't like the ending. Now I'm gonna spoil things :
In my opinion, the fact that Marie turns out to be the killer cheapens the whole movie and every tense scene we've witness so far becomes completely null. It has the opposite effect the filmmaker intended, the killer was very frightening, the viewer was rooting for Marie, it was super scary and satisfying when she finally killed him, and then it's gone in 1 minor shot of the gas station... I get the whole "final girl turns out to be the killer" trope reversal but it wasn't well done. And then, they use the 'former' killer for the last kill of the movie? Wtf? Why not use Marie since we know it's her? Anyway, "barely believable twist that cheapens an otherwise super scary movie" is my take on it.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Think I'm with you on the ending. But like it apart from that.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
A Quiet Place - 7/10
Finally saw this movie. It creates a good silent atmosphere that works to build suspense. It got me on a few jump scares, because it's so silent and then all of a sudden something would happen. In a lot of ways it reminds me of Cloverfield, 10 Cloverfield Lane and Signs. Which is not bad. This is a good movie, if you just get into the atmosphere and don't ask questions. After watching my boyfriend and I sat on the couch to discuss the movie and we nitpicked it. So many questions! There's talk it might get a sequel, and if the sequel answers some of my questions then I'm all for it. The performances were great too! John Krasinski did a good job acting and directing.

Mr Trick

Scooby
He's Out there (2018) 8/10
Impressive horror, with good pacing, a powerful and twisted atmosphere and some original twists. Yvonne Strahovski of Handmaid's Tale fame is excellent in the lead rolw.

The Evil Dead (1981) 8/10

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Butter Butt
Black Thorn
Dude, Where's My Car? - (2000) 9/10

I love this film. Two guys wake up one day, unable to remember the previous night...the refrigerator is full of chocolate pudding, and their car is missing. Basically, the film is a long, strange journey as the guys look for their car. There's some really WEIRD and highly unlikely situations involved. 😂 I don't want to give away everything, but if you like angry ostriches, hot alien chicks, and dogs smoking weed, you'll love this film. I strongly suggest that you watch it. It's funny and just so...stupid at times, you just have to laugh. (I guarantee that you won't be able to guess what's coming as you watch) Check it out! "Zoltan!" 😆

Plus, Kristy Swanson is in it! ❤

Octavia
Octavia
I love this too! SWEET!
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
9/10!ha!
Puppet
Puppet
A definite fave from my teen years :D
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
sorry got to agree with Tricky here 🤔

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Barefoot 9/10
A sweet movie. I had to google if It was Evan Rachel Wood because I have rarely seen her in such a cute role. I really enjoyed this movie, it was lovely and looked like a bit of fun for all involved. I haven't seen many movies about "crazy" people that show the light and fun naivety of an unusual and heavily restricted life. Evan Rachel Wood was a joy to watch, as always. I recommend for when you want an easy watch, bordering on romantic and comedy but not quite being either of them. It was exactly what I was after tonight and I am pleased I found it.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
🧡 E.R. Wood

Mr Trick

Scooby
@Amber Bunny Slippers The Carrie Fisher cameo is easily the best thing about the dire remake. I'm still not sure if you like the original or not?:D

Mandy - 7/10
An insane psychedelic trip of a cult movie. The nutty version of Nic Cage is on good form (though he does mumble a bit at times;)), and Andrea Riseborough is wonderful as always. Its over long and little too indulgent at times, but is so distinct its worth seeing at least once.

Bohemian Rhaposdy - 4/10
It's worth seeing just for Rami Malek's captivating performance (I can't see anyone doing a better job as Mercury), and for the musical moments. The final scene at Live Aid is so thrilling to see on the big screen. Apart from that its a very hollow, cheesy and messy bio-pic.

The Bronze
The Bronze
Spot on about Bohemian Rhapsody
ItMustBeBunnies
ItMustBeBunnies
Thats so disappointing about bohemian rhaposdy. Ive been looking forward to it 😕
Mylie
Mylie
I personally loved Bohemian Rhapsody but I didn't go in expecting much from it.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
The Devil's Rain. Just a perfect movie. Keeps getting better every time I see it.

Mr Trick

Scooby
The Other Side of the Wind - 3/10
Last ever completed Orson Welles film and what a sad and cliche shambles it is. Maybe should have been left alone by those picking up the pieces.

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms - 4.5/10
Knightley's icy, campy performance is easily the best thing in the film. It'll probably please the target audience.

Juliet, Naked - 7/10
Enjoyable adaption of a Nick Hornby book with strong performances from Rose Byrne, Ethan Hawke and Chris O'Dowd.

Top Bottom