• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rate the last movie you've seen #29

genghiskhan

Potential
Black Thorn
Extremely wicked, shockingly evil and vile : 8.5/10

It was very interesting to see Ted Bundy from his girlfriend's point of view and kind of understand her struggle. In the film we don't see the atrocious murders (until the end), we only got to see the charismatic, handsome and kind Ted Bundy that he was to his friends and family and there was a bigger focus on his relationships and the trial itself. It's an amazing film!

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
I just finished this movie. And now watching the Ted Bundy tapes on Netflix. It's a crazy story. I thought Efron was good in the movie.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Knock Down the House - 8/10
Very informative and passionate documentary which makes a strong case for the need to return to a grass movement and traditional form of politics.

High Life (2018) 8/10
Beautifully haunting, tense and experimental Sci-Fi with strong performances from Robert Pattinson, Juliette Binoche and Mia Goth. Its not for everyone and goes in some weird directions at times. I like its ambition though.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Serenity (2005) 9/10
A really impressive achievement. It does a brilliant job of working as a standalone movie, whilst beautifully paying off what had been set up on the show. It makes a smooth transition to film. Its really crisp, exciting, and at times even darker than the show. Plus there's a few surprises along the way. For the fans its a emotional send off and the next best thing to getting a few more seasons. It really couldn't have gone much better.

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
I prefer Serenity to the show.
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
prefer firefly myself

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - 6/10
I wasn't sure what to expect here, my bf had seen it and so I watched it with him. I knew it was a Guy Ritchie film but never seen it. I actually had a lot of fun with this movie. Don't understand the British slang, but just went with it. I loved how everything tied back in to each other and the ambiguous ending was interesting. It's a good movie, and everything sort of pays off in the end. Overall, I laughed and had a good time with this.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Never seen it but from what I hear its probably his best film. Though I know the Sherlock films are well liked too.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Get Out (2016) 9/10
A modern classic IMO. I get more out of it on every watch.

Girl on the Train (2016) 4/10
Confusing and shallow thriller. I struggled to engage with any of the characters. It felt melodramatic and soapy at times. I think probably it suffered from sticking too close to the book and could have been more cinematic. Emily Blunt was excellent of course.

Kratos

Potential
Mean Girls (2004) 9/10
I thought this was very good film, even though I’m a straight male and don’t remember there being any cliques in my school days. It’s clever and funny with some life lessons in it. Great acting. Candy was a likable lead. I don’t know if this movie could be made today, though.

Last edited:
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
I'm a big fan too!

Mr Trick

Scooby
The Sisters Brothers - 8/10
Art house Western at times its quirky and funny, at others its much darker, but it also has a touching side. Great performances from John C. Reilly, Joaquin Phoenix, Jake Gyllenhaal and Riz Ahmed. The film takes awhile to sink in but I really liked it once it did.

The Hustle - 3/10
Pointless retelling of 80's film Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Anne Hathaway goes through the motions. Rebel Wilson does her thing but is given rubbish martial. Thankfully its only 90 minutes.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Destination Wedding (2018) 4/10
AKA "Destination Boredom"! :eek: Not Ryder or Reeve's finest hours by a long shot. Bring on John Wick Chapter 3 and Stranger Things 3;)

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
Pokemon Detective Pikachu hmmmmmm 5/10

A few funny bits but not what I'd chose to watch myself. Only went to see it because Abbs is a big Pokemon fan. She however loved it.

r2dh2

Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain
Lust, Caution 10/10

I cried like a baby 😢... it's such an amazing movie! Highly recommended, it's my second time watching it.

Spoilers below...

Spanning the late '30s and early '40s, the movie introduces us to Hong Kong teen Wong Chia Chi (Tang Wei), a shy college freshman who finds her calling in a drama society devoted to patriotic plays. But the troupe's leader, Kuang Yu Min (Wang Leehom), isn't just a theater maven -- he's a revolutionary as well, and he's devoted to carrying out a bold plan to assassinate top Japanese collaborator Mr. Yee. Each student has an important role to play, and Wong puts herself in a dangerous position as Mrs. Mak; she befriends Mr. Yee's wife (Joan Chen), and slowly gains trust before tempting him into an affair. While at first the plan goes exactly as scripted, things suddenly take a deadly turn and Wong is emigrated from Hong Kong. Later, in 1941, the occupation shows no signs of ceasing and Wong is simply drifting through her days in Shanghai. Much to her surprise, the former actress finds Kuang requesting that she resume the role of Mrs. Mak. Now, as Wong again gains intimate access to her dangerous prey, she must struggle with her own identity in order to pull off the performance of a lifetime.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
the ending ruined it for me (& my bestie). Glad you liked it, though

Mr Trick

Scooby
Pokemon Detective Pikachu - 5.5/10
Surprisingly watchable and Katheryn Newton is delightful. Lets face it for a Pokemon movie this is probably as good as its going to get ;)

Madeline's Madeline (2018) 6.5/10

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Under The Silver Lake- 8/10: Interesting movie full of clever symbolism most of which serves an actual purpose. Andrew Garfield is actually pretty good here. I think overall it was a very powerful condemnation of the Hollywood machine, objectification, and the search for meaning in life. Recommended since it isn't half as weird/obscure as its critics seem to think it is. I just don't think they liked the message.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
I'm with the critics on this one I thought it was terrible.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum: fun action movie. Didn't see the first two, so kind of missed a few things. :oops:
Maybe the funniest action scene involving horses ever put to screen. :D

r2dh2
r2dh2
I've only watched the first one, but it didn't cause an impression, I barely remember it. Maybe I should give it a try.
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Oh yeah hear great things about the horse scene!

r2dh2

Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain
@HowiMetdaSlayer Lust, Caution is definitely an epic movie, but certainly it's also a movie that one should watch when life is good, the plot is pretty intense and the ending is heartbreaking.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
the ending was horrid!

genghiskhan

Potential
Black Thorn
The Lost Boys: 9/10
Honestly this film is amazing, I love the interaction with the brothers and how there was a fair amount of focus on the sibling bond between them. The soundtrack is amazing, Jason Patric's acting was great. The vampires were fun and the fight at the end really was epic.

Kratos

Potential
Clueless (1995) 9/10
Great film. Like Mean Girls, it’s clever and funny and likely influenced later teen movies. Amazing cast. Paul Rudd doesn’t age. He still looks the same in Ant-Man. I also liked that Josh is an interesting character in his own right and not shallow.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Love it! Always a fun watch.

Name the Stars

You can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling.
Black Thorn
Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse 9/10

Saw it with my little cousin! One of the best-animated movies/superhero movies I've ever seen!

Top Bottom