• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen #31

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
Akira
I'm not sure what to say about it, I feel like most people have seen Akira? Recommended if you've not, just for the spectacle alone.
Japan, manga, classic themes of body horror and destruction.
It is very Japanese in how its world is portrayed, as is a lot of Japanese art - the history of their country had a massive effect on the shared culture and its stories.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
To The Bone. 6/10

It was okay but nothing really gripping about it, the step mother kept reminding me of the one in the cartoon, My Parents Are Aliens.

Mr Trick

Scooby
To The Bone. 6/10

It was okay but nothing really gripping about it, the step mother kept reminding me of the one in the cartoon, My Parents Are Aliens.
Is that the one from the director of Winter's Bone? If so I've heard of it.

@nightshade Oh that one! Forgot it was called To the Bone. Have seen it.

nightshade
nightshade
Marti Noxon directed it, it's a Netflix one

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Fractured 3/10

It kinda reminded me a bit of the Top of the Lake tv show, but a lot more boring.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Yeah remember this one being quite dull. Shame as I like both Pike and Gosling.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Black Sunday (aka Satan's Mask) (1960) 8/10
Entertaining and stylish Gothic, horror melodrama, with some fun hammy lines and bad acting. Plus a nice turn from Barbara Steele in duel roles.

Mr Trick

Scooby
The Irishman (2019) 9/10
A real return to form for Scorsese. It feels like a deeply moving and profound goodbye to old friends. The characters are very well written. Its a sharply funny film, with a very naturalistic pacing and dialogue. The performances are really good with Joe Pesci brilliantly understated and Pacino on barn storming charismatic form. The music is fantastic too. There are one or two nitpicks to be had, but really impressive stuff.

AnthonyCordova
AnthonyCordova
I really need to see this soon

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Toy Story (1995) (Re-Watch) - 7/10
Toy Story 2 (1999) - 6/10
Toy Story 3 (2010) - 8.5/10
Toy Story 4 (2019) - 7.5/10 (would've been 8 if not for the ending)

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Spider-Man 2 - 9/10

I forgot how brilliant this film is. It's fun and colourful, Peter's arc and characterisation are brilliant, Doc Ock is a great villain with his own tragic arc, I love MJ (despite the haters) and I love her arc in this movie and the way she's struggling to move on from Peter (even when he won't let her). The train scene, one of my favourite scenes in a comic book film ever. Honestly one of the best comic books movies out there.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Blood Diner (1987)
How to rate such a CRAZY film!? :D Its on youtube to watch in all its glory;) The ending has to be seen to be believe! The best bit maybe the guy trying to drive with no hands!o_O

Budget Unknown!:D

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Fractured 0/10 This was just a horrible movie. I only watched it cos netflix kept shoving it in my face. I predicted the ending somewhere near the start and it just played out grossly. I hated it. Mucked my head a bit with his creepy singing at the end. Yuck. Do not recommend. I hope I don't get nightmares.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Rocketman - 7/10

The story of Elton John told from the point of view of group therapy where he goes into flashbacks of his rise to fame. Elton is played by Taron Egerton and Bernie Taupin is played by Jamie Bell. The story is done in the format of a musical and with the dancers and costumes, it looks almost like a Bollywood movie in places. It has some of the feel of "Restless" from Buffy where each phase of his life is like a dream sequence. If you watched Bohemian Rhapsody, the Queen biography, this is totally different.

Octavia
Octavia
Sounds interesting

Mr Trick

Scooby
Splatter University (1984) 4/10
The lead has a bit of a Alyson Hannigan with big hair vibe! Its fun bad movie.

Love the line, "All the kooks run around killing people they don't know. If you're gonna to kill someone, wouldn't it be someone you know?"

And, Drive-in guy "How come no one's here?"
Drive -in guy's girlfriend "Because they all SUCK" (after going down on him!)...

Mr Trick

Scooby
Eli (2019) 2/10

Really lame and melodramatic Netflix movie. The lead actor is so whiny and annoying. It lacks any atmosphere or style. Its very silly and generic. Lili Taylor is wasted. As is Stranger Things Sadie Sink (guess they could only get her for ten minutes...). Film would have been better if Sink was the lead. And the ending is one of the most laughable I've seen in ages...

Top Bottom