• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen #31

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
The Gentleman - 2 thumbs up. Really liked it. Not quite up to Ritchie's earlier films, but a rollicking good time regardless. :)

Mr Trick

Scooby
Weathering with You (2019) 8/10

Another brilliant teen, fantasy drama from the director of Your Name. The characters are really well written and engaging. Its a convincing portrait of teenage and student life in a big city. The animation is again stunning and there's some great direction. Its a very romantic and accessible film. There's a couple of scenes I wasn't so keen on, but generally excellent.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Gemini Man - 7/10

I don't care what IMDB says, this was a good movie. Will Smith plays an aging hitman who tries to retire but finds himself hunted by a younger version of himself (also played by Will Smith) after he was cloned. There was a "you shouldn't kill him, I should" moment reminiscent of Gunn and Fred debating who should dispatch Professor Seidel.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Knives Out - 8.5/10
I can't wait to see this again, already. By the time the ending rolled around, it had grown into this incredible thing, like a snowball for over 2 hours. I honestly didn't think I'd end up rating it this high, and then the last 20 minutes happened. Oh, and, also, Chris Evans was marvelous in this, along with Daniel Craig and newcomer Ana de Armas. I really hope this kicks off a new trend of modernizing this genre, cause there is so much potential for great storytelling there.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
really liked it too

white avenger

white avenger
"The Last Flag Flying" (Amazon Prime) 8/10

With the state of movies lately (maybe because it's Superbowl Weekend) the choice of movies at the theater is terrible, we stayed at home and watched this on TV. It's about three Viet Nam veterans on a cross country trip to attend a teammate's funeral. Not for everyone. I suppose, but for someone who's "been there and done that," or has a loved one who has, it struck a real chord.

Top Bottom