• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen #31

Mr Trick

Scooby
Terrorvision (1986) 8/10
Big dumb, wholesome trashy B-movie fun :D. But with some charm, fun jokes and cool scroungy practical effects. The main theme is so addictive too.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Zombieland: Double Tap (2019) 3/10
It sucked! I wanted to punch Jessie Esisenberg in the face so many times during this film :mad: It lacked any of the charm of the original. The cast couldn't be bothered and the jokes were so lame and forced. Rather than stick to what worked about the first film they just threw stuff at the screen and tried being way too clever.

The Bronze
The Bronze
That's what I thought of the first one. Never understood the hype.

Kratos

Potential
Superbad (2007) 8/10
Enjoyable coming-of-age film. I first thought it would be an American Pie rip-off, but it’s actually so much more than that. A bit boring around the middle part of the film, but other than that, this was a solid movie.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
have you seen Booksmart?

Mr Trick

Scooby
Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988) 5.5/10
A solid watch. More enjoyable than I remembered. Just a shame the kids from Dream Warriors were just used as fodder.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Downsizing 7/10
Quite a bit of fun. I hadn't heard of it or seen it before, going into these silly types seems better like that. Cute, and kept my interest for a midweek movie.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Little Monsters (2019) 8/10
Just saw this at a mystery film screening and what a gem it is. Its a horror comedy which takes an unexpected turn in the middle. There's a really dark and absurdist feel to it which really appealed to me. But it has a real charm to it too. Alexander England is a classic dumbo, but in an entertaining way and wins you over by the end of the film. Lupita Nyong'o is delightful too.

white avenger

white avenger
Dead Trigger 3/10

Free on Amazon PRIME and it seemed appropriate for Haloween. Dolf Lundgren and a zombie apocalypse. Who could ask for more than that? Well... just about anyone over the age of 12.

white avenger

white avenger
1) "Dead Triggers" 6/10 and 2) "The Death And Return Of Superman" (Animated) 8/10 (My Halloween movie fest)

1) Dead Triggers" Dolf Lundgren leads an elite team of Army zombie killers. That says just about all you need to know about this dozen dollar movie classic.

2) Combines the animated movies, "Death Of Superman." and "Reign Of The Supermen" in one presentation, just under 3 hours. Good animation and pretty faithful to the three DC Superman comic book arcs. "Death," "Reign," and "Return." (I watched this one because my grandson came over after trick or treating and offered to share his M&M's)

Mr Trick

Scooby
Terminator: Dark Fate - 4.5/10
Not terrible but it didn't do much for me overall. The cast were the best thing about it. I can say quite confidently it is the third best Terminator movie, ha!

Judy - 7/10
Enjoyable if pretty standard and predictable biopic. Renee is good in the lead.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
(Re-watch) Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 9/10

This is my favourite of this trilogy (Rise/Dawn/War). Ceasar has evolved into a fantastic character, caught between the home he has built for himself and his family and his desire to help and maintain peace with the humans he once loved. I love Jason Clarke's character and his friendship/connection with Ceasar. The other supporting characters are all well-written and don't feel shallow or like caricatures. Koba is a great villain. And it'a just a really well-made film, great direction, very well paced, terrifying but brilliant action sequences and a solid ending. Really love this film.

Top Bottom