• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen #31

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Freaks (2019) - 11/10
Holy. Mother. of. Chuck.

I saw Endgame earlier this year and it was amazing. Then I saw Please Stand By and decided that was the best film I'd seen this year. I was sooo wrong. I'm not even gonna say too much, because this needs to be seen without knowing much about it. I saw the trailer beforehand but it's (thankfully) not one that shows everything nor does it give any real idea of what's coming.

Which is a great frickin' screenplay, one of the best child performances I've ever seen and a constant tension that never fully lets down, from beginning to end.

Watch it!

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
The Purge - 7/10
A lot more entertaining than I thought it would be and very tense/suspenseful at times. I really liked this film and found it very effective.

(Re-watch) Jumanji - 6/10
Solidly entertaining, a very fun 90s romp and Robin Williams is always good value. The shine wears off a bit as one gets older, but still a fun film.

(Re-watch) Jurassic Park - 10/10
This movie is brilliant. Love it more and more every time I re-watch.

(Re-watch) Beauty & The Beast (1991) - 8/10
Disney needs to leave the Renaissance Era alone, these films are so good!!! This one is so beautiful and heartwarming and the Live Action remake felt so hollow by comparison.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Frozen 2 - 9/10

I loved it! The ending was a bit predictable, but other than that it was a great emotional rollercoaster of a film.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Glad you enjoyed it. Will wait til I've seen the first one before checking it out.

Professor Walsh

Feminist slayerette
Black Thorn
Saw "The Book Thief"/"Die Bücherdiebin" yesterday, on my teenagers suggestion. If the director could measure the tears shed by me, he would consider it a complete success. I am a tear machine when it comes to such dramas. I'd rate it lower than the teen would, though, as it was a little too predictable. 7/10, perhaps. 10/10 for it's suitability for watching something serious with the kiddo, though.

Mr Trick

Scooby
21 Bridges (2019) 7/10

Entertaining and stylish action thriller. Has that classic 1970's French Connection/Assault on Precinct sort of feel. Chadwick Boseman is great in the lead. Solid support from Sienna Miller and J.K. Simmons.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Faster - 7/10

A guy gets out of jail after serving ten years for a robbery he took part in to help his brother out who got into too much debt with the wrong mob. He had been set up and he was taking revenge on the people who set him up. Here's the kicker - the guy taking revenge is Dwayne Johnston, usually the hero in most movies. Decent action but not all that great.

Top Bottom