• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen # 32

Mr Trick

Scooby
Birds of Prey - 9/10

What a refreshing blockbuster. Its an adrenaline rush, hyper real rollercoaster, punk rock fest of fun. Its a total trip from start to finish! The style is fantastic with bright eye popping colours, and brilliant direction and skillfully crafted action scenes. At times its like a classic musical dance sequence mixed with a great slap stick comedy. Of course Robbie is fantastic, but so is everyone. Its great to see 4-5 diverse female characters in one film. I so want a Black Canary film now! Its a very funny, subversive film, but I also cared about the characters and their world. Awesome soundtrack too.

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
Black Canary was great!

Priceless

Scooby
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - too long, got bogged down in the middle 6/10

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
What?! That's the best film of the trilogy IMO.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Ronin (1998) 4/10

Its rubbish, but boy is it batshit insane entertaining rubbish! Also its notable for one of the few films where Sean Bean's character doesn't die...

Kratos

Scooby
Phone Booth (2003) 8/10
Still like it. Though it takes place mostly in a confined space, Colin Farrell and Kiefer Sutherland do a great job of holding your interest with the clever dialogue. And The Caller is one of the best villains ever written imo.

TriBel

Scooby
Spiderman: into the Spiderverse. 8/10.

Funny - loved this Peter Parker! It's only flaw was its "trippiness" (distracting) and the sound on the Blu-ray, which faded in and out and was overpowered by the music.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Harley Quinn and The Birds of Prey 6.5/10
So, I rewatched Suicide Squad before I went to see this, cause I forgot that movie. Not a great movie, but Will Smith and Margot Robbie made that movie, so I was looking forward to another version of her Harley Quinn. Took the BF to see this (he liked SS) and we both walked having said "I had a lot of fun with that movie". And I did! I thought it was funny, it's absolutely ridiculous but we had fun with it. The plot is meh, but I enjoyed the characters and the color and the fantastic elements. Ewan McGregor was funny as Black Mask, I loved the Black Canary character, she was awesome! Huntress is barely in the movie, but funny in her socially awkward way. Robbie is still fun as Harley. Although, I do feel like this version is a bit inconsistent with the Suicide Squad version. First she really over did the accent, and they play fast and loose with her "craziness", she keeps reminding people in this movie that she was a psychiatrist and keeps diagnosing people, which is fun, but in SS she was more mentally unstable and here she just seems more manic and eccentric rather than actually mentally unstable. But that's my only criticisms after one viewing. This isn't for everyone, but I really enjoyed it. I think DC is on a roll with some good movies.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro (1979) 6/10

Feature debut by Hayao Miyazaki. Almost like him doing a wacky Bond/Mission Impossible adventure. Its a solid watch.

Lady Macbeth (2016) 8/10

white avenger

white avenger
"6 Underground" 9/10

Ryan Reynolds and 5 other maniacs in a Netflix movie that plays like "Mission Impossible" meets "Fast And Furious." Definitely fits into the action movie genre. The fast cars and graphic bullet wounds make it a movie that earns its "R" rating without a single gratuitous nude scene. If that's your cup of tea, you'll love it.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Portrait of a Lady on Fire (2019) 9/10

A delicate, beautifully understated film. It has interesting themes and subtle character interactions. I was really invested in the two leads and relationship. This proved the perfect alternative Valentines film. The performances are wonderful. Its sad and touching. The final shot of the film is vivid too. Great direction and style. Pretty much perfect.

Mylie
Mylie
Agreed! I watched it last night and found it beautiful
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
wanting to see this

TriBel

Scooby
The Joker 6.5/10

What a let down! I was really looking forward to this. I missed at the cinema so my son pre-ordered the DVD for me. Not only did I not enjoy it but I also own the damned thing. I could see the comparison with Taxi Driver but, IMO, Taxi Driver's far superior.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Birds of Prey 8/10

Loads of fun, visually stunning (loved the colours), entertaining characters and incredible fight scenes/choreography. Great soundtrack too! Also, I had the biggest grin on my face when Dinah let loose with her Canary Cry. All up, a really solid film!

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
lotta mixed reviews on this

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
I watched a film on the Internet called Witch Board, Bunshinsaba 2004. I found it appealing as the director allowed the film to create an air of increased horror.
Shame I can't get it on DVD yet.
I'd give it 9 / 10
Horror, thriller.
Girl moves from Seoul to a village, she is targeted by village kids. She is so troubled by the bullying from the village kids she calls for help, from a dead girl.

Last edited:

vznspike

Potential
Black Thorn
Sonic The Hedgehog - 9/10

If you were into the games when they first came out, this movie is for you, throughly enjoyable. but the story line is quite good and Jim Carey plays a wonderful Robotnik and James Marsden brings a certain charm to the plot.
They captured the character very well, as well as the games references.
Great pace, great soundtrack, great dialogue, it was an absolute entretainment delight

Kratos

Scooby
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) 7/10
I’m not that familiar with westerns, but funnily enough I remembered the title was used for a story in Sonic the Comic UK and I heard it’s a classic movie anyway so I decided to watch it. An enjoyable film, though I felt it was a bit too long and drawn out towards the end (the American Civil War didn’t seem necessary to me). The first half was spectacular, though. Brilliant production values and amazing soundtrack. The main actors were great in their roles.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Sonic the Hedgehog: 8/10

I never really played the sonic games but I love Jim Carrey and he was fantastic as the villain, everyone in my theatre ate him up every time he was on screen so everyone can have a good time with this movie :)

Priceless

Scooby
Prometheus 6/10
You could tell what they were going for, but it felt like you'd seen it all before, and done better.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Joker: 10/10
I went to see this film for Joaquin Phoenix (I know him from Signs) and because of all the discussion around its themes. I have to give it a 10 for the performance of the Joker and the clever writing I don't think the film chose an angle it seemed like a discussion was happening in the film and outside of the film. Favourite quote would have to be "I thought my life was a tragedy but now I realise it's a comedy". I'm glad the Joker let the little person go because if he hadn't it would have been a step too far for me 🤷‍♀️
I rarely give anything a 10/10 but it feels right on this occasion.

Top Bottom