• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen # 33

Mr Trick

Scooby
The Vast of Night (2019) 8/10

A really distinct, low budget and charming Sci-Fi. For a debut feature its impressive. Proof that less is more. Great period detail, mood and atmosphere. Plays with some interesting ideas, nicely capturing the politics of the era, plus its truly suspenseful. The two leads are very natural too. Its on Amazon Prime now.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Raiders of the Lost Ark - 7/10
I finally saw the first Indiana Jones! And it was good, a lot more action and less tomb raiding than I thought. I really liked the chemistry between Indy and Marion. I liked the world traveling. I was able to pick up on a lot of the iconic scenes and references. I still need to watch 2 and 3. I've seen the 4th one already. But this one is a good classic action adventure film. I feel like the Brendan Fraser Mummy movies, were trying to be like Indiana Jones, but less successful (although I like those movies).

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
And experts say Indy feels realistic believe it or not.
Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
I can rewatch this many times, so I would bump up the rating a bit.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Sisters (1972) 8/10

Entertaining, twisted, absurdist, but stylish and tense early Brian De Palma thriller. I have no idea why Margot Kidder has a French accent ;) Its a trippy experience. Underrated among his other Hitchcock pastiches.

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Staff member
Black Thorn
Vaiana - 9/10
Why have I been sleeping on this film? This was so much better than e.g. Frozen (not that Frozen is bad but why was it so hyped rather than this one?). Loved this, and the Mad Max inspired coconut-pirate scenes were hilarious. The music was good too. The only thing I had a hard time getting behind was the mentally challenged rooster... it felt a bit, odd? And juvenile. Yes, it is a kids movie, but still.

9 year old Taake regrets the Vaiana doll she never got

Puppet
Puppet
Yes, Moana is a great animation, definitely a favorite of mine. I revisit it a lot.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Nock and Norah's Infinite Playlist - 6/10

My first reaction was "what the hell was I just watching?" It's an interesting movie that I could watch once but not what I would call a good movie. IMDB gives it a 6.6/10 which is fair - some people might have gotten more out of it than I did. Some parts of it are funny but some of what is intended to be funny is just ridiculous.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Bride of Frankenstein (1935) 10/10

One of the most inventive and best sequels ever. Its original, atmospheric and is full of great characters. Its surprisingly touching in places also. Koloff is once again on great form but this time is given more to do. The opening scene along was ahead of its time. A true classic.

vznspike

Potential
Black Thorn
Artemis Fowl - 1/10

Let's just say, way to go on ruining another fabulous series of books in their big screen adaptation

Taake
Taake
Oh yeah, I’ve heard this a lot about AF

white avenger

white avenger
"The Man Who Killed Hitler...And Then Bigfoot" 7/10

Anyone brave enough to make a movie with a title like that just has to catch my attention, and as a plus, the man in the title just happens to be Sam Elliot, an old favorite of mine. And, surprise, surprise, it was an entertaining, if not epic, movie. It's on Amazon PRIME if anyone is interested, and I would love to hear your comments on the movie.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Its on my Netflix list.
emspace
emspace
I'm with you - this sounds like a must-see for all those reasons.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Dreamland (2020) 3/10

Tedious indie vampire movie. Stephen McHattie and Juliette Lewis are wasted.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
To All The Boys I've Loved Before - 3/10

Should know better than to try a Netflix film. This has been well received and has a sequel but I can't figure out why. Lacks the com part and isn't well written enough to make you care about the rom part.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
I'm sure its awful. But then you are probably at least 15 years? too old for it...
Taake
Taake
Lol, I LOVED it. But I never claimed to have a good taste in movies :p

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
20 years but a good kids or teen film can have broad appeal. This doesn't.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Da 5 Bloods (2020) 9/10

Another epic and powerful Spike Lee film with some stinging points. Its very cinematic and works as a dramatic film beyond just reflecting on history and making political points. Its very tense at times. A fine cast too. Delroy Lindo is fantastic, such a tragic figure. The music is great too.

emspace

Townie
976-Evil 7/10

Okay, so it wasn't perfection, but it was '80's cheesy fun, and it had Robert Englund written all over it.

Top Bottom