• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen # 33

Mr Trick

Scooby
Horror Noire (2019) 8/10

A really engaging, fun and powerful look at the history of African Americans in horror films. There's a good list of talking heads including Tony Todd, Rachel True, Jordan Peele, Keith David and Kelly Jo Minter. The talking heads are a bit over done at times and certain points are reaching. But it gives a good insight into the black experience on and off screen.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Dawn of the Dead (1978) 9/10

Open Graves (2009) 2.5/10

The 2.5 is all for Eliza being in it!😍 A guy does get killed by grabs so that might be worth another point?...

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
oof, I saw Open Graves once, and it's terrible, even Eliza and Mike Vogel couldn't save that movie.

white avenger

white avenger
Highlander: The Source 4/10

I loved the first "Highlander" movie, and the TV series has always been one of my favorites, but I've avoided watching this one because I heard that it was a totally abysmal piece of trash. But I found it free on Amazon Prime, so I decided to give it a shot. Guess what. It's not a good movie, but it's not total trash, either. Adrian Paul is Duncan Macleod the same way that Sarah is Buffy. He's pretty much perfected the character by now, so he just walks through the role. Whoever did the fight choreography for this one should be ashamed of themselves, and the script isn't anything to brag about, but, hey, this is Duncan, and Methos, and Joe Dawson in (hopefully) their last shot onscreen. I was there when Connor first got gutted bt the Kurgen, and came back to life, and now I've been there to see Duncan become mortal again, and, hopefully, a proud daddy with a beautiful wife. Rest well, Highlander,race is run, your trophy won.

And now I hear that the director of the "John Wick" series wants to reboot., and I find myself wondering who the next Macleod will be, and praying that it will NOT be Keanu Reeves.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Highlander: The Source 4/10

I loved the first "Highlander" movie, and the TV series has always been one of my favorites, but I've avoided watching this one because I heard that it was a totally abysmal piece of trash. But I found it free on Amazon Prime, so I decided to give it a shot. Guess what. It's not a good movie, but it's not total trash, either. Adrian Paul is Duncan Macleod the same way that Sarah is Buffy. He's pretty much perfected the character by now, so he just walks through the role. Whoever did the fight choreography for this one should be ashamed of themselves, and the script isn't anything to brag about, but, hey, this is Duncan, and Methos, and Joe Dawson in (hopefully) their last shot onscreen. I was there when Connor first got gutted bt the Kurgen, and came back to life, and now I've been there to see Duncan become mortal again, and, hopefully, a proud daddy with a beautiful wife. Rest well, Highlander,race is run, your trophy won.

And now I hear that the director of the "John Wick" series wants to reboot., and I find myself wondering who the next Macleod will be, and praying that it will NOT be Keanu Reeves.
Mel Gibson? :D

Mr Trick

Scooby
Tales From the Crypt Presents: Bordello of Blood (1996) 4/10.

"Its sort of like a bad Tales from the Crypt episode" You said it dude :p

white avenger

white avenger
Mel Gibson? :D
Mel would've made a great Macleod 25 years ago. So would Tom Selleck, or Harrison Ford. But we're talking immortal here, a warrior in the prime of life, not half past twilight and heading down that last steep slope. Hugh Jackman, maybe, or Chris Evans might work. The Scottish accent was never any sort of issue for either Lambert or Paul.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Mel would've made a great Macleod 25 years ago. So would Tom Selleck, or Harrison Ford. But we're talking immortal here, a warrior in the prime of life, not half past twilight and heading down that last steep slope. Hugh Jackman, maybe, or Chris Evans might work. The Scottish accent was never any sort of issue for either Lambert or Paul.
I know I was kidding because of the Brave Heart thing :D Some good choices. Also James Mcavoy might be a good shout?

TriBel
TriBel
Yes to McAvoy - in anything. He's stunning as the voice of Dream in Audible's "Sandman" (but with an English accent)

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
[Re-Watch]

Candyman - 8/10

Still so good, atmospheric, hypnotic and horrifying. I'm still so bummed that they moved the sequel to next year, but in the mean time, I still have the amazing original.

Poltergeist - 6/10
Not as good or as creepy as I remembered it, but still an entertaining film, which I found much more emotional this time around. The fact that they used real skeletons in the pool scene still wigs me out though.

Last edited:
Puppet
Puppet
Two of my favorite horror classics <3

Kratos

Scooby
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) 8/10
Better than I remembered it. I was only familiar with Cap from the 90s Marvel cartoons beforehand, but upon rewatching this movie, I’ve become more of a fan of him. Good mix of campiness and grittiness. Red Skull is an underrated MCU villain.

thrasherpix
thrasherpix
I just started a rewatch last night but got too sleepy to finish it. I'll finish it today, and unlike many movies, I also see this one as better on a repeat viewing.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Phenomena (1985) 8/10
One of Argento's best and strangest. Features a fantastic performance from a young Jennifer Connelly.

Candyman (1992) 9/10
A classic which gets better every time I see it. Love Philip Glass's lingering, haunting score.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Becky (2020) 7/10
Like a more adult, indie version of Home Alone. Its not perfect, Kevin James playing against type as the ruthless crook is a bit distracting, but Lulu Wilson is excellent as the lead. She's a real natural and one for the future. The film has some satisfying moments of gore and touching drama too.

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Watcher
Black Thorn
Re-watch
Along came a spider - 9/10
Not quite as good as Kiss the girls, but still great. I wish they’d made more Alex Cross movies with Morgan Freeman, I love him.

Sleeping with the enemy - 10/10
I love Julia Roberts in this role, she is perfection. So pretty too. It is such a simple story and cast, yet so effective. Love it.

Dawn of the Dead (1978) 9/10

Open Graves (2009) 2.5/10

The 2.5 is all for Eliza being in it!😍 A guy does get killed by grabs so that might be worth another point?...
Grabs or crabs? 😋

Puppet
Puppet
Sleeping with the Enemy is one of those films I rewatch at least once a year <3

Mr Trick

Scooby
Zombie Flesh Eaters (1979/1980) 8/10

A cult favourite, with great practical gore, eerie music and classic over the top acting. Some fun kills too.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Hyena Road - 8/10

One of the best movies I have seen lately. It is the story of a Canadian Forces detachment trying to protect a road being built in Afghanistan. There is a battle between Afghans, one family of which owns poppy fields and the other being a slave farmer who has to sell his crop and give US$5000 each year to the owner and keep the rest (about $800) for himself. When the field is torn up in a firefight, the owner's family takes his two daughters to sell. The farmer's father is a famous fighter from the Soviet war era. The Canadians intervene and things turn out as intended (the children are freed) but the battle between Canada and the Taliban is on.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Leprechaun (1993) 4/10

Its how Jennifer Aniston got the Friends gig! ;) She owns her whole career to that little green horror icon:D

Oromous
Oromous
I like how Warwick Davis really embraced his role though. He doesn't seem ashamed of it no matter how bad the film is perceived to be; he seems to enjoy talking about it a lot.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Clemency (2020) 8/10
A powerful and thought provoking drama. Alfre Woodard is at the top of her game as a complex and at times unlikable character.

Top Bottom