• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen # 33

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Galaxy Quest - 8/10

And Robin Sachs plays Sarris, the villain! Even though imdb gives it a 7.3, it is a solid 8 - it is fun without being cringeworthy like many movies of its ilk. The story is that Galaxy Quest is a television show that was picked up by aliens who thought it was the historical record of planet earth. They come to see the actors to help them get away from Sarris, a malevolent being aiming to exterminate their race. Great entertainment!

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Love Galaxy Quest. Need to rewatch it.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
(Re-Watch) Resident Evil franchise (6 films) - 7/10
This is just the definition of a popcorn film for me - it's riddled with issues and plot holes and cliches but it's just so damn fun! And I can never watch just one, I have to binge all of them. It was fun to see the last one in the series as that was the only one I'd only seen once before. I would guess that a year or two from now I'll do a full re-watch again :)

Spanky
Spanky
I've never even seen one of those movies. uh oh

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
What Happened to Monday - 5/10
Dammit. What is it about films these days? The first half is really great, like a super awesome concept and setting and even acting...and then by the halfway mark, everything falls apart, until by the ending I'm just pissed that I wasted my time with this POS! And why do filmmakers insist on assuming their audience is too dumb to figure out super obvious 'plot twists'?!? Ugh! :(

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
That's the one with the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo actress right? I heard mixed things too.

Priceless

Scooby
World War Z (2013) I do like a zombie movie, though Pitt can now only play Pitt, still enjoyable 7/10

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
I really like this movie, an I'm not a fan of zombie movies.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Miss Sloan - pretty good. Interesting 'twist' ending. ♥ Jessica Chastain

Spanky
Spanky
I would have been shocked had you not have... all things considered
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Still need to check this out. Sounded promising but went under the radar when it was released and didn't get shown near me.

Mr Trick

Scooby
There's No Such Things as Vampires (2020) 3/10
My first Frightfest viewing for the year. Sadly it was dull.

They Live (1987) 8/10
A cult gem ahead of its time. Nice mix of fun pulpy action and powerful social commentary. Is worth it for the wrestling scene in the alley alone.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against the Universe - 9/10
Brilliant. I always worry that these types of films are so far removed from the TV show that they lose that magic, but not in this case, thankfully. I think it was when Doofenshmirtz took out his Axe-Inator and they subtly showed that it had a self-destruct button that I realized how amazing this film was. And it reminded me of how much I loved binging the show a few years ago for the first time. The only reason it's not a perfect score, honestly, is that the songs weren't really as catchy as they used to be on the small screen.

Any fan of the show should definitely watch this, it's just a perfect example of the best parts of the show :)

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Ice Princess: 9/10
This film has great star power- Michelle Trachtenberg, Joan Cusack, Kim Cattrall, Hayden Panettiere. And music by Christophe Beck. It's just really good quality :)

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Host - 9/10

This film was genuinely scary and very well-made, especially considering it takes place entirely on a computer screen and was only about an hour long. This is the film that Unfriended wanted to be.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Two Heads Creek (2019) (Frightfest viewing) 7/10

Black Panther (2018) 8/10

Aquaslash (2018) (Frightest viewing) 6.5/10

Fun, stylish and silly exploitation film, with plenty of sleaze (everyone's bonking everyone else), cheesy dialogue, a bit of murder mystery and finally shallow characters being sliced up. The director clearly knows his exploitation. His last movie was about a guy who starts killing when he hears Disco music. This is like Riverdale meets Baywatch meets Piranha.

Priceless

Scooby
Harry Brown (2009) Much better than expected, great performances, especially Plan B 9/10

Spanky
Spanky
Is he kin to Jackie?

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Lake Placid (1999) - 7/10

Something is eating people in Black Lake, Maine and it turns out to be a 32-foot crocodile. Kelly Scott (played by Bridget Fonda) is sent by her museum to investigate and danger abounds as bodies pile up. Imdb rated it as 5.7 but it is a whole lot better than that.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Yeah gets a bad rap from some. I enjoy it.
Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
I love Lake Placid! "He just ate a cow, stupid!" So, many great quotes. lol

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Lake Placid (1999) - 7/10

Something is eating people in Black Lake, Maine and it turns out to be a 32-foot crocodile. Kelly Scott (played by Bridget Fonda) is sent by her museum to investigate and danger abounds as bodies pile up. Imdb rated it as 5.7 but it is a whole lot better than that.
Betty White... lol... such a sweet old lady. And her poor husband.

Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
She steals every scene she is in.
Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
Haha, such a sweet lady until she tells the cop off.

Mr Trick

Scooby
The Swerve (2018) 8/10
Powerful and subtle slow burning psychological thriller. For a debut feature its really good. A great lead performance from Azura Skye.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Thor: The Dark World 7/10
Needs less Jane and naked Eric and more Loki.

Puppet
Puppet
Hey, you rated it higher than I would, so that's not bad :P
Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
I like Thor the Dark World, but yes, we don't need TWO scenes (or any at all) of naked Stellan Skarsgard.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Mulan (2020)- 8/10
I really liked this adaptation of Mulan it felt worthwhile and I think it improved upon the original in terms of story. The only things I missed at all were the songs but if they were there they wouldn't fit in.
I don't regret spending £19.99 on it because I will rewatch.

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Watcher
Black Thorn
Circle - 2.5/5
I’ve wanted to read this, but it is always out at the library, so I figured I’d watch it instead. I feel like I am going to upset 70% of the world right now but... Emma Watson just isn’t a good actress. It became obvious by Harry Potter 4 and more so with every non-HP movie she has made. I am sorry world, but I genuinely think she is pretty awful. The American accent in this didn’t help her though. She’s still cute as a button however.

Otherwise, the movie was quite good, unsettling, I can see why the book is so popular. It was enjoyable to watch, the supporting cast was amazing, but I was rather underwhelmed by the end. Though enjoyable the whole movie felt somehow lacking, hence the low grade.

The Bronze
The Bronze
Drawn out worse version of Black Mirror episode Nosedive.
Buffy Summers
Buffy Summers
Yeah she's never been a good a actress lol
Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
haha, terrible actress, but cute as a button.
Top Bottom