• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen # 33

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
The Imitation Game (2014): 8/10
Can't believe I only just saw this film but as someone who loves history it was a really enjoyable watch. Benedict was really great as Alan Turing and the film got very emotionally intense as it went on.

Mr Trick

Scooby
The Babysitter: Killer Queen (2020) 3/10
Lame rehash of the first film, this time more of a teen comedy with lame jokes. As I thought taking Samara Weaving out for most of the film makes it less interesting.

Ju-on the Curse (2000) 6/10
Decent first film in the very long Grudge franchise.

Oromous
Oromous
Ju-On films didn't do much for me; the sequel also has an unnecessary recap of the first film for the entire first-half.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Random Acts of Violence (2019) 6.5/10

Interesting slasher movie with a satirical edge and decent style. Its let down by the final act which is just over blown and melodramatic. The violence becomes less shocking as it goes on. Worth a watch.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Bill & Ted Face the Music (2020) - 7.5/10
I'm saying it this might be the most excellent adventure yet Dudes! It was really entertaining, and charming, with the positive feel good message the world needs right now. If you've never seen a Bill & Ted film you maybe lost (then again if you haven't what have you've been doing with your lives? ;) ), but for the fanbase this delivered in spades! I loved the callbacks to Bogus Journey and the Grim Reapers cameo. William Sadler is the boss!:D The casting was great, with Samara Weaving and Brigette Lundy-Paine great as the daughters. I would be down for a spin-off film with them as the leads. It ROCKED!!

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey (1991) - 6.5/10
Always had a soft spot for this sequel even if its weird and doesn't always seem like a Bill & Ted film. I have found memories of rocking out to my cassette of the soundtrack.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Bombshell (2019) 9/10

This film is on Amazon Prime in the UK. What a compelling, powerful and unsettling film it is. Brilliantly acted, with some important questions asked. Its a skillfully put together satire too. Might be one of the most important films of our times.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Madman (1981) 2/10

One of the cheapest and lamest slasher movies I've seen. Its edited together like a stoner's home movie. There's a character called TP and HE HAS BELT BUCKLE WITH TP ON IT!! :pThe cheesy love scene with him and his girlfriend is just insane! And the music could have been produced by a five year old. Still it was so silly it was oddly fun.:D

Oromous
Oromous
I could never sit through one of these "so bad it's good" movies, but I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. lol

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Enola Holmes (2020) - 8/10
A charming film, really. A 7 for most of it, then raised up a point for the last third as everything comes together. It was two hours long and that was a great idea because they managed to pad that time with so much, without making it feel like there was too much happening. Unsurprisingly, Millie Bobby Brown was excellent and it was nice to finally hear her in a role with her natural English accent. I definitely wouldn't mind a sequel, as it's sure to get.

(Re-Watch) Sorority Row (2009) - 6/10
It's a guilty pleasure of mine and fun to watch on occasion. It had been so long that I'd legit forgotten who the killer was :)

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
E Holmes was better than expected

white avenger

white avenger
"Westward The Women" 8/10

(I love old Westerns) John McIntyre hires Robert Taylor to guide a wagon train of 150 women across the country to California to be wives for the all male community there. Totally dated, and any of the SJW crowd would go apoplectic watching it, but if you like the old standard B&W shoot-em-ups the way that I do, it's well worth the trouble to hunt it down. If you do choose to see it, just remember, I first saw in as a first run movie in the theater.

Did I ever mention that I'm the oldest member of this merry band of Buffy-ites? And I'm also a first generation Trekkie. Heck, I even wore a coon skin cap back in the '50's when Fess Parker was King of the Wild Frontier.

I past middle age about two decades ago.

Kratos

Scooby
Iron Man 2 (2010) 7/10
Better than I remembered it. Gets better on rewatches once you’ve seen the later Phase 1 MCU films. A bit bland but decent enough sequel. Sam Rockwell and Mickey Rourke steak every scene they’re in. It’s just missing something that made the original movie so great.

DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
Iron Man 2 was basically used to set up The Avengers rather than be it's own movie. Sam Rockwell was great and I hope we see him back in the MCU soon.

Priceless

Scooby
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017) Enjoyable Luc Besson fantasy. Great CGI, a feast for the eyes even if the story is cliched. Cara Delevingne should have been the star, as Dane DeHaan has a charisma bypass, and the ending was too cheesy for me, but still a fun watch 7/10

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
never got round to this...

white avenger

white avenger
Buried 9 .5/10 (Free on Amazon Prime)

Ryan Reynolds in about as different a role from Deadpool as you could get. Reynolds portrays an American truck driver captured by terrorists and buried alive with a cell phone, a flashlight, and a few glow sticks. Basically a one man show, just him and assorted voices on the phone. Anyone who thinks that Ryan Reynolds is just a pretty face and a bunch of profanity rich jokes should watch this one. You'll definitely change your mind.

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
Buried 9 .5/10 (Free on Amazon Prime)

Ryan Reynolds in about as different a role from Deadpool as you could get. Reynolds portrays an American truck driver captured by terrorists and buried alive with a cell phone, a flashlight, and a few glow sticks. Basically a one man show, just him and assorted voices on the phone. Anyone who thinks that Ryan Reynolds is just a pretty face and a bunch of profanity rich jokes should watch this one. You'll definitely change your mind.
I love, love this movie. It was such a brilliant idea, and god, that ending. Won't spoil it, but god. Amazing.

And IIRC, it was all filmed in a single location, the coffin itself. That's ingenious budget filmmaking. lol But it also shows how much Ryan Reynolds had to put in with his acting to carry the entire movie and keep the audience engaged.

Top Bottom