• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rate the Last Movie You've Seen # 33

Hunga Munga

Potential
Enola Holmes 6/10 Millie Bobby Brown is excellent , quirky graphics , nice camerawork,engaging story . However , all the artless 4th wall breaking ruins it for me .

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Fantasy Island (2020) - 7/10
I'd heard so many awful things about this one - and I let myself be spoiled by the ending - that I wasn't planning on watching it. Then, tonight, I needed something mindless to play in the background while I did other stuff on my computer, and I figured I wouldn't get wrapped up in this one; I was wrong. Look, is it spectacular? Brilliant writing? Award-worthy acting? No. And that's okay, so long as it doesn't pretend to be more than what it is; a fun, mystery film with small bits of horror here and there. I enjoyed it and I'm sure I'll see it again someday in the future.

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
I thought it started out as okay, but that twist ending makes no sense, I can't go with it.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Verotika (2019)

I'm left speechless by this film! :p You just have to experience it for yourself;) Its on Shudder in the UK. Its the brain child of Misfits pianist Glenn Danzig.

Taake
Taake
That title though 😂

Mr Trick

Scooby
Rocky III (1982) 7/10

A solid sequel which has a slow start but hits its stride with all the classic hallmarks of a Rocky movie. There's plenty of cheese of course and I lapped it all up :p For me its all about nostalgia. Hulk Hogan's cameo playing a musclebound narcissist was really enjoyable (its funny watching it back now because this was pre-him making a name for himself in the WWF as the All-American Babyface and years before he reinvented himself as the heel Hollywood Hogan in WCW),and Mr T pretty much steals the film. You just had to be there in the 80's to get what a big star he was.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Hackers (1995) 6.5/10
I finally saw this movie because my fiancé apparently loves it. He's a big computer guy and he's been talking about watching this for years. I will say that overall I did like the movie, but wow it's very 90's dated. First off the cast is great, lots of young actors before they were famous, most notably Angelina Jolie. As someone who used to rollerblade in my youth, I loved seeing everyone rollerblading throughout the city. My fiancé says that the hacking in the movie is fairly accurate except for the graphic representation expressed in the film. It was a fun watch, we had a good time poking fun at the 90's cheesy-ness of it. I can see why he loves it, it's a fun film about hacking in the 90's. I didn't realize how big computers were in the 90's cause I was too young (and poor) to have one until like 1998 and I didn't have my own until like 2002. For anyone into computers this is a good movie to watch.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Still not seen it I don't think. Always hear good things. A lot of 90's films seem dated now in a way films from other decades don't.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Storks 7/10

A fun little family film. I recorded it off the tv back in May and have only now just watched it. The wolf pack made me laugh.

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
I liked Storks, I thought it was a cute children's movie that adult's can watch too.

Priceless

Scooby
About Time 9/10
Started out as the story of an incel-type and I though I wouldn't get to the end, but it turned into total Richard Curtis sentimental schmaltz and I loved it. So affecting, had me in tears by the end.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Curtis makes most of the few romantic comedies (more like dramadies) that I actually like. Definitely an unique premise. Good cast too.

Mehansa

Townie
Enola Holmes - 6/10
Pretty decent watch, but it wasn't above average.

TriBel
TriBel
Thank goodness - I thought it was me. I couldn't finish it!

TriBel

Scooby
@TriBel It could've been a lot more than it was. It had a talented cast with Millie Bobby Brown.
That's exactly what I thought. I don't have the staying power to watch something I'm not engrossed in. I got part way through, realised nothing was registering and gave up. Meh...maybe I'm just too old.

Mehansa
Mehansa
I dont think you're too old seeing as I'm above the target age too.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Season of the Witch (1973) 8/10

Another sharp, trippy DIY gem from George A. Romero. Also I learnt a funny new phase from the lead character's husband, "It really burns my butt":D

Kratos

Scooby
Thor (2011) 8/10
A bit corny but I still love it. Great introduction to Marvel’s Thor, who I was only familiar with before from his guest star appearance in an episode of The Incredible Hulk 90s cartoon lol. This movie made a big impression on me and Thor quickly became one of my favourite superheroes. Excellent set design, acting and fight scenes.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Risky Business - 3/10

Took another punt on an old film that's either classic, cult or whatever. Not impressed with this one. Super boring. Poor story, naff characters. Turned it off somewhere in the middle.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Not seen it in years. Know it has a young Rebecca De Morney.
Top Bottom