• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Rate the Last Movie You've watched #36

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
The Snow Walker - 7/10

A pilot in an arctic air service is induced to take a 20 year old Inuit girl with TB to a hospital in Yellowknife. On the way, they blow an engine in their Norseman and crash on a remore shore. They both survive and begin a trek to civilization. On the way, she helps him out of trouble with native medicine and clothes-making skills and the try to return to the plane but no one has found the wreck. They continue north, hoping to run into a fishing camp but the girl dies and he buries her with all the things she had used in life, including the (expensive) walrus tusks. He continues on until he meets up with a native hunting party. Meanwhile, everybody thinks he is dead and they hold a funeral for him.

Priceless

Scooby
Star Trek: Insurrection (1998) - Decent story but not well executed. The comedy wasn't funny and the romance was cringey 4/10

Ghost Boy

Scooby
Pitch Black (2000).

Starring Vin Diesel and Radha Mitchell.

2/10.

MV5BYmNmYjZmYWUtMjdjOC00OWRlLWJkMGEtZWM3YmMyYzE5NWNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

Ghost Boy

Scooby
The Incredible Hulk (2008).

Starring Edward Norton, Liv Tyler, William Hurt and Tim Roth.

3/10.

MV5BYWI1NjJhM2EtMTIzNC00OWFlLWE3OWYtMzI5YTgxMmY2MzU1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTgxOTIzNzk@._V1_.jpg

WillowsFaith

Potential
Black Widow (2021)
7.5/10

Marvel’s First Female Avenger in the MCU gets her solo Movie. A film that should have been released several years ago, but created due to fan demand and closure for Scarlett Johansson’s Iconic Character. The Movie is a prequel story to her storyline in Avengers Infinity War & EndGame. Marvel is the biggest Film Franchise of all time at this point, so I don’t really need to explain much about Natasha’s development . However, she is one of the least fleshed out Main Avengers, and this film was a perfect time to show why she is so important. Mild Spoilers: Since this movie is new and these event happen in the trailer or first 15 minutes of the film. The origin of the Black Widows being child Trafficked and Living with a fake Family of Spies, makes this one of the best Intros to any MCU film. Followed by an iconic Sequence and Cover of Nirvana’s Smells like teen Spirt. Black Widow Reconnects with her Sister to free other Controlled Black widows, while she is on the run from events that occurred in Captain America Civil War. The Movie is one of the stronger MCU solo films becuase of the focus on Family. BW’s past catches up with her and her fake family work together to take down the misogynistic Antagonist. her focused attitude and determination, differs from her impulsive and goofy family. she delivers great family bonding scenes but her Sister Yelena, has the more memorable moments. So much so that she lowkey overshadowed the main character. This is ok with me since she has been revealed to take on the mantle as the next black widow. The Action, Visuals, and Score are Top-Notch. As expected from Disney and Marvels Studios Massive Budget. The villains are to cliche and the jokes are typical marvel criticisms. But all in all, there are no dull moments. Watch If you love comic movies, Female empowering moments and family Fun.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Black Widow (2021)
7.5/10

Marvel’s First Female Avenger in the MCU gets her solo Movie. A film that should have been released several years ago, but created due to fan demand and closure for Scarlett Johansson’s Iconic Character. The Movie is a prequel story to her storyline in Avengers Infinity War & EndGame. Marvel is the biggest Film Franchise of all time at this point, so I don’t really need to explain much about Natasha’s development . However, she is one of the least fleshed out Main Avengers, and this film was a perfect time to show why she is so important. Mild Spoilers: Since this movie is new and these event happen in the trailer or first 15 minutes of the film. The origin of the Black Widows being child Trafficked and Living with a fake Family of Spies, makes this one of the best Intros to any MCU film. Followed by an iconic Sequence and Cover of Nirvana’s Smells like teen Spirt. Black Widow Reconnects with her Sister to free other Controlled Black widows, while she is on the run from events that occurred in Captain America Civil War. The Movie is one of the stronger MCU solo films becuase of the focus on Family. BW’s past catches up with her and her fake family work together to take down the misogynistic Antagonist. her focused attitude and determination, differs from her impulsive and goofy family. she delivers great family bonding scenes but her Sister Yelena, has the more memorable moments. So much so that she lowkey overshadowed the main character. This is ok with me since she has been revealed to take on the mantle as the next black widow. The Action, Visuals, and Score are Top-Notch. As expected from Disney and Marvels Studios Massive Budget. The villains are to cliche and the jokes are typical marvel criticisms. But all in all, there are no dull moments. Watch If you love comic movies, Female empowering moments and family Fun.
Which one do you like better BW or Captain Marvel movie? As far as a female Marvel character solo movie. I'd have to watch BW again but I think it's maybe a bit better than CM.

WillowsFaith

Potential
Which one do you like better BW or Captain Marvel movie? As far as a female Marvel character solo movie. I'd have to watch BW again but I think it's maybe a bit better than CM.
I like Black widow more. I like Captain Marvel too, but Black widow is more grounded. Captain marvel feels more like a superwoman character, and I always related more to the ground level hero’s

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
Yeah, I liked CM but I feel like we need more time to know her. She's very overpowered right now

Ghost Boy

Scooby
The Nanny Diaries (2007).

Starring Scarlett Johansson, Laura Linney and Chris Evans.

3.5/10.

176fbe813f52eb73b342a8d3b10cf1e989a99285ea5c2ee05cfe5a511208fa44._RI_V_TTW_.jpg

Ghost Boy

Scooby
Click (2006).

Starring Adam Sandler, Kate Beckinsale and Christopher Walken.

3/10.

MV5BMjc1NzU2YWUtZjdhNy00M2FhLWJhMjktZmY2YmRjNjEyNzdiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

The Bronze
The Bronze
See your clue there was Adam Sandler.
Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
This movie is tonally off. It's a goofy comedy, then you get whiplashed with a dark drama. What?

whatdBuffyDo

Potential
Sineya
Love, Spells and All That (2019) dir. Ümit Ünal - 8/10

MV5-BYm-Q1-YWM1-Mjct-Nzdm-Ni00-Nm-Fh-LWEy-Mz-Qt-Yz-Jk-OTBh-ZDZm-Ym-Vh-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde-QXVy-MTI1-NDA.jpg

I typically reserve movies about reconnecting with the one that got away for lonely and melancholic times to cheer up but I watched this one on a fairly ordinary day and somehow managed to make myself sad so congratulations to me. 💩

Last edited:

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Black Widow - really enjoyed this. Casting was great especially with Florence Pugh playing Natasha's 'sister'.
They had great chemistry. That whole family would make for a fun series of movies. David Harbour is great in everything!

#bringblackwidowback 😏

Last edited:

Ghost Boy

Scooby
Trouble With The Curve (2012).

Starring Clint Eastwood, Amy Adams and Justin Timberlake.

Amy Adams is the only good thing about this dud. The storyline is one cliche after another. And Eastwood's performance is phoned in as usual, the same 'grumpy old man' shtick he's done in a dozen other movies.

4/10.

MV5BODkwMTk5NjA2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzU4NDU0OA@@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom