1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rate the Last TV Show You've Seen 3

Discussion in 'Game Archive' started by Mr Trick, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mylie

Mylie Scooby

@Carrie Hopewell So happy that you loved Crazy Ex-Girlfriend!! It's my favorite show on television right now.

And I agree with pretty much everything, though I don't exactly ship Rebecca/Nathaniel but I find them entertaining enough. That show really isn't about ships for me, but if I had to pick one, I'd go with Rebecca/Greg. I miss his presence a lot on the show (and definitely his voice) but I'm so happy with the arc they wrote for him and how they handled the actor leaving the show that I almost don't want him to ever come back. That's how good the writing is on that show!

I also loved season 2 even more than season 1. And my favorite relationship on the show is Rebecca/Paula. It's truly heartwarming.

Oh and this is the best meta I've ever seen on any show :

And the reveal in the finale worked so well, I still can't believe they did that!! So excited for season 3 !!!!

Carrie Hopewell likes this.
  2. GwenRaiden

GwenRaiden AKA Apology Girl

Black Thorn
    I finally watched and finished all 7 episodes of The Keepers on Netflix. It was well made, horrible but so many interesting tangents and leads in such a messed up case. If you liked Making a Murderer, you will like this. cc @Taake

Mr Trick and VisionBoy like this.
  3. VisionBoy

VisionBoy Scooby

Sineya
    I'll have to think about what to rate it, but I just finished "The People v. OJ Simpson- American Crime Story" and I have to say I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I generally like courtroom drama, but for some reason this just never really appealed to me. But the acting was great; I particularly thought Sarah Paulson, Courtney B. Vance and John Travolta did a really good job. I don't know how accurate it was, but it was an interesting watch.

Priceless likes this.
  4. Zenseem

Zenseem Evil, skanky and kinda gay

Black Thorn
    Orange Is The New Black (Season 5) - 9.5/10
    The overall:
    Amazintasticly awesomecredible season. The show have developed so much and it surprised me how well they could keep up the pace of the show's greatest season: the forth one. The development of characters kept its rhythm, the humor of the show is still sharp and never failing, and it's fantastic how much the show has matured over the years.

The character developmen
    t:
    And Taystee is the best character hands down and she absolutelly owns the show. I think it's great that we get to see every side of the stories and choose if we're against or for someone. Each one of the show's characters are given a background story to back them up and it's up to you if you suport them or not.
    I also loved how they delt with the riot in every way it could have been delt. We get to see the prisoners' perspective, see which inmates are against it or for it, what they want, if they want to make a difference or if they want just chaos.

Downs:
    The reason why this wasn't the best season is only because it wasn't as inovating as the last one, but it served its purpose as season 4's complement. But apart from that the season was pratically perfect.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Fuffy Baith and HowiMetdaSlayer like this.
  5. HowiMetdaSlayer

HowiMetdaSlayer Occasionally, I am callous and strange.

*checks Scrabble dictionary* Nope, not really words. :D

Zenseem likes this.
  6. Zenseem

Black Thorn
    I'm pretty sure it exists

OccaQuokka and GwenRaiden like this.
  7. HowiMetdaSlayer

The word 'season', yes. The other 2, not so much. ;)

8. Zenseem

Black Thorn
    Oh, well. You win.

9. Taake

Taake Bella Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Powered through it a week or two ago, it was good! Not to be all bloodthirsty, but I would have wanted just a tad more focus on the murder. The abuse was horrifying, and the parts about it was incredibly well-made and sensitive, but not really what I thought the show was going to be about.

10. GwenRaiden

Black Thorn
    Yeah, I felt that way too. Especially regarding the murder of the other girl, Joyce. (I'm sure they basically said, near the end of the documentary, it wasn't even instigated by authorities?). I think there just wasn't enough information to focus so much on the murder of the nun, my theory being that the people who know the most about it are either keeping quiet or have died. I definitely think her priest lover, Gerry Koob was very suspicious, and her flatmate Russell must have known more too. The abuse in Catholic religion really is rife, more so back then, and the cover up by those higher up is disgusting.

Taake likes this.
  11. Taake

Taake Bella Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Completely agree to all of this, I guess I was - somewhere deep inside - hoping they'd solve the nun's murder and it'd all be laid out for us, in more or less gruesome detail. Reality being more complex than that, and not giving you all the answers, is very frustrating.

GwenRaiden: Me too!
  12. GwenRaiden

Black Thorn
    How awesome were Abbie and Gemma though! The old classmates trying to solve the murder on their own and coming up with more info than any police department has over the years. They seem very determined; I hope they get to the bottom of it, regardless of how dangerous and murky it all is.

Taake: I loved them, I want to be that relentless and cool when I'm old!
    OccaQuokka likes this.
  13. Carrie Hopewell

Carrie Hopewell Little girl lost in the woods

Sineya
    Orange is the New Black, Season 5 - 8/10

After the lackluster season 3, I'm glad that the OITNB writers stepped up their game with seasons 4 and 5. This season was very much focused on activism, human rights and grief and, as such, was particularly powerful and moving. I liked how everyone united against a common foe and how humanized these characters were. I mean, they're always treated like human beings, but, surprisingly, this season shed them in a more vulnerable light (Red in particular is a good example of this). Great season, but only after a slowish start.

Blaze: I'm on episode 3 and I already love it, so I'm excited for what is to come!
  14. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    Glad to hear good reviews for OITNB S5. I'm still finishing season 4, looking forward to season 5 now.

Carrie Hopewell likes this.
  15. Blaze

Blaze Let it Burn

Black Thorn
    OITNB s5 8/10

Still a very strong season but I didn't feel like it was as impactful as s4. Perhaps that's the problem, s4 was such a high for the series for me that this season ended feeling inferior to it. However, there's still lots of good stuff about it, and I still loved it.

Taystee was the true highlight of this season for me. I gotta give koodos to the actress, she has excellent comedic and dramatic skills. Gloria and Maria are the other ones that really shined.

Some of the other character's stories felt a bit weak in comparison to previous seasons. Especially when it came to flashback stories, which are usually the best part of the show for me. But this time around, a lot of them were quite forgettable. And I'm not a huge fan of when episodes don't feature any backstory. I know they were renewed for season 5-7 all at once, so clearly they are currently working with a bigger picture, and surely saving some characters for later, but I really wished we'd get a story for a couple characters that have been there since s1.

I also felt like a couple of storylines were not well handled, especially Tucky's story. Her season 4 story was just so poignant and important, but it felt like they went back on it in season 5, and in a way erased the importance of it. I want to see her story continued in the next season.

I felt like Nikki's story was a bit repetitive, but it breaks my heart everytime (she's my favourite character and I ship it! Give me a break!).

One positive is that Piper was much more likable than in s3 and 4, and her and Alex actually had a decent relationship this season.

Overall this season felt a bit more on the comedic side for the most part (with a couple exceptions), which is nice after a really heavy s4 (they seem to alternate each season between the dramatic and comedy). I really enjoyed all the cameos we got too. I was actually surprised by the ending, it's not something that I was expecting. I can't wait to see it being resolved in the new season.
    They have the opportunity to write out multiple characters, which has me a bit worried

Carrie Hopewell and Fuffy Baith like this.
  16. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

That is great casting too. Travolta's hit and miss but when he's cast in slimey roles he's good. Paulson and Vance are really underrated. Look forward to giving this a watch.

Riverdale Season 1 (2016/17) 7/10
    Really entertaining, stylish and fun retro teen soap/murder mystery. The characters were well written and the film references were smart. A nice easy watch.

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  17. Priceless

Priceless I didn't forget y'know

OITNB s5 - Interesting and entertaining as always, but not as good as S4, and is anyone as bored with Piper and Alex as I am? There are so many richer characters to focus on. My favourites were the Greek Chorus of Flacca and Ramos, setting up their YouTube channel and becoming z-list famous in the middle of this riot 7/10

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  18. Blaze

Blaze Let it Burn

Black Thorn
    I was sick of Piper (not as much Alex) since about season 3. But I liked her a lot better in season 5. Her and Alex took more of a background role, which I think was good. I actually really like Alex's growth since s1, she actually has really evolved as a character. Piper...not so much.

Flacca and Maritza are always great!

Fuffy Baith and Priceless like this.
  19. HowiMetdaSlayer

I actually like Piper again post season 3 panty tyrant phase.

Blaze and Carrie Hopewell like this.
  20. Jam

Jam Pepper spray is just so passé

Orange is the New Black, season five: 8.5/10

Not much to add from the above posts! There were some plots/characters that annoyed me and a lot of the flashbacks no longer seem necessary, but overall I found the season to be pretty gripping. I'm very interested to see where things go in season six! Also, Danielle Brooks was definitely a standout for me this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.