• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Rate the Last TV You've Seen #10

Mr Trick

Scooby
Your Honor - 4/10
After a promising first couple of episodes, this was a borefest. The writing was terrible.

whatdBuffyDo
whatdBuffyDo
I wanted to check it out, maybe I should see other limited series first :/

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
For All Mankind Series 2 - 7/10

It's not bad - it's not Battlestar Galactic or The Expanse, but it's a nice, relaxing show to watch when you're not looking for Shakespeare.
Wait.. It's a scripted show? I thought it was like a documentary about the first shuttle flights.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Fringe Season 5 - 10/10
Pretty much the perfect finale to one of my favourite recent shows. The only thing I might have changed was having Peter going a bit more Terminator in the middle of the season :D. The finally episode was so moving. Love the scene with Walter and Astrid.

Spanky
Spanky
The show is even better the second time around. Tons of little things that were missed on first viewing simply because you didn't know to look for it.
Dogs of Winter
Dogs of Winter
Such a great show. Only saw it when it was first broadcast. May be time to do a rewatch especially if what @Spanky says is true

burrunjor

Scooby
Gotham. 11/10

Classic series. I loved everything about it. The stories were crazy, the cast brilliant, and I think it really brought a lot to the Batman story.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
maybe go 7.5

thrasherpix

Scooby
Love, Death, & Robots. 10/10. I'm only partway in so far so the rating may change, but this is way, way better than I thought it was going to be, a cross between Heavy Metal and The Twilight Zone, all in bite sized chunks with a wide varying of tone, from amusing to chilling to shocking to what madness is this. (And I can add others, like Beyond the Aquila Rift makes me think what The Matrix might've been liked if written by Lovecraft, who did some scifi as well as horror.) And it's also another nod to Buffy given that in Sucker of Souls as a team come across Dracula (more of a demon with almost no human features), a leader of a mercenary team shouts, "I'm an ex-soldier, not Buffy the...Vampire Slayer!"

I also wonder if this was made to test concepts to see how viewers reacted in order to plan future series and movies by Netflix. If so, that's brilliant.

Speaking of TZ, I saw The Bewitchin' Pool recently, an episode loved by many and hated by many others. I loved this one as a child, but one reason I got to watching it again was because I was trying to figure Aunt T out...what exactly was she? What happened to the kids who went to her plane of existence? Not enough to say so my imagination has been obsessing over it recently with different scenarios and rather frustrating, especially as I'm not going to find anyone to bounce thoughts of on that (and there's nothing canonical about the nature of Aunt T and her realm outside normal reality).

But that aside, if taken at face value, then the story is interesting to me in that it's a rare one that features a "Heaven-mouth" rather than Hellmouth. Seems portals to Hell come a dime a dozen in entertainment, but portals to Heavenly realms (safe from harm) are almost unheard of.

Btw, I also caught a few Goosebumps recently. While most are silly enough to counter the scary elements, The Haunted Mask (with part 2) is actually creepy, I'd say creepier than many episodes of BTVS. It actually could be adapted very easily for a spinoff like Tales From the Hellmouth.

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
Just finished watching Scorpion.
A show about a team of geniuses that helps the US government with special assignments.
Think it ended a couple of years ago.

Would almost say that it isn't a very good show objectively. It's a very standard formula.
Somehow I still enjoyed it though. Even if I can't really understand why... :)

Rate it 7/10.

/SK

Priceless

Scooby
The Violence Paradox - Great documentary on violence; the history, how violence has decreased in the modern age, how contagious it is and how all of us are capable of violence in certain situations. Fascinating stuff 10/10

Hunga Munga

Scooby
V (1983) 9/10 . The original sci-fi miniseries . I paid actual money (£3.78) to buy this from Prime . I was gonna get the DVDs ...but it's a double-sided disc :eek: . I cannot allow that into my home :D .

It was really good , I might watch the rest (on single sided DVDs ;) ) ...but if I remember correctly the TV series wasn't as high quality ? It has not aged badly and the themes of the show resonate just as strongly as the day it was made .

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Yeah remember them sticking them on the Syfy channel on a Bank Holiday years ago. Pretty fun b-movie series.
Ghost Boy
Ghost Boy
I've been meaning to watch the 2009 remake starring Morena Baccarin and Laura Vandervoort but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Hunga Munga

Scooby
Yeah remember them sticking them on the Syfy channel on a Bank Holiday years ago. Pretty fun b-movie series.

The original miniseries and 'the Final Battle' were big budget TV miniseries productions . Probably why they still look okay . Bit before your time but they were a biiiig deal when they aired in the UK . So much media tat spawned out of their success , including the ill fated TV series . Been checking reviews and I think I'll wait to watch the TV show til I find it somewhere for nothing . ;)

I've been meaning to watch the 2009 remake starring Morena Baccarin and Laura Vandervoort but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
Yeah me too , even picked up a copy from a friends moving junk , but it was missing disc 1. Only a couple of quid on DVD , cheaper than the original ... which should probably tell us something :D

Crossbow

Potential
V (1983) 9/10 . The original sci-fi miniseries . I paid actual money (£3.78) to buy this from Prime . I was gonna get the DVDs ...but it's a double-sided disc :eek: . I cannot allow that into my home :D .

It was really good , I might watch the rest (on single sided DVDs ;) ) ...but if I remember correctly the TV series wasn't as high quality ? It has not aged badly and the themes of the show resonate just as strongly as the day it was made .
I watched that whole miniseries when it originally aired. I bought the DVD’s when they became available. Loved that show. Great effect with the alien eating the rat. Or that’s how I remember it🤔

Priceless
Priceless
That rat eating scene will stay with me forever😲

Hunga Munga

Scooby
That rat eating scene will stay with me forever😲
Yeah that scene is iconic , suggested on Wikipedia as one of the best TV 'reveals' ever . Thinking on it , I can't disagree .

It was quite the 'watercooler' moment ...but before we had water coolers ..or thought of drinking water as a recreational activity ! :p .

It is full of 'shock' scenes . They weren't afraid to kill the good guys to make a point . It's harsh and bleak . On rewatch this was the scene that got me .

Priceless
Priceless
That music at the end!

Nix

🤪
Sineya
The Vampire Diaries s8e6

Awesomeness and I can't wait for the baddies to die!

Priceless

Scooby
Cats 1998 - film of the stage show. Never seen the show nor ever really wanted to, but was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. John Mills being in it was unexpected. 9/10

Top Bottom