• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Rate the Last TV You've Seen #10

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Really good first season. Not many shows can do comedy with serious drama well. Glad it's getting a 2nd season.

Season 2 was darker and more intense than season 1. Paquin showing why she has a globe & oscar on her mantle.

burrunjor

Scooby
[B][I]HowiMetdaSlayer[/I][/B] maybe go 7.5

Nah sorry. Robin Lord Taylor's performance as The Penguin raises it to a 10 alone LOL.

How Robin didn't have a mental breakdown playing that part I don't know LOL. His character constantly looks like he is going to explode! It's brilliant to watch.

I'm currently on Battlestar Gallactica the remake now. I have to say I've found it to be mostly crap so far. I don't get the hype. It's dull, it's dreary, the characters are for the most part unlikable, but not in a good way like say Spike. They are just plain obnoxious, smug or unrepentant lunatics. It's bad when a guy responsible for his species destruction and the Cylons are the only likable characters LOL.

I'll stick with it for now, but it really has been a disappointment. Do not get the fuss over this one at all.

Spanky
Spanky
BSG is not bad but REALLY overrated
Priceless
Priceless
I'm on a BSG re-watch and I agree with you.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - 8.5/10
I finally got around to it, binging the whole thing today, and man am I glad I did. I don't care about the mixed reviews, this was great! It wasn't WandaVision and there were flaws here and there, but overall, it just did such a great job in giving us everything we could need from this partnership and plot.

I've been waiting since First Avenger to finally get Bucky without that greasy, too-long hair and I was not disappointed! I was distracted constantly from having Sebastian Stan on my screen, lol. I loved what the writers did with Bucky and Stan was absolutely the acting strength of this show, knocking it out of the park no matter the scene or the emotion he was asked to show. I loved Sam's story, too, and all the call-backs to previous films, especially little shoutouts to Winter Soldier and Civil War.

Overall, it is on the heels of WandaVision as far as quality and gives me great hope for Loki, which I will be starting tomorrow (I can finally stop avoiding spoilers, lol).

Hunga Munga

Scooby
GI Joe : Renegades (2010) S1 7/10 . Another day ; another one season wonder :p . This time it's a cartoon reimagining of the GI Joe story . In the UK we had Action Man , so for us , the tacky 80s cartoon was the first we saw of GI Joe and his buddies .

I was never a fan of the franchise , so I was pleasantly surprised by the Renegades reboot . It's kinda like the A-Team story , more reality based , a lot less preachy than the original GI Joe . It's the sort of cartoon I'd want kids to watch after school , wholesome but not patronizing bulldung . Nice clean computer animation .

Another perfectly good show that got cancelled for no discernible reason .

Last edited:

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
Sweet Tooth: 9/10

I saw this was rated 12 on Netflix but apart from an interesting mix of tone at times this is a really well written show and it is very dark with a really interesting premise. I can’t see a 12 year old watching this.
Very relevant to life right now too.

whatdBuffyDo
whatdBuffyDo
Ooh this seems interesting. I am adding this to my watchlist.

thrasherpix

Scooby
I'm currently re-watching Roseanne Season 6 and no one can convince me it isn't the best sitcom ever made!

Hey, I was hoping you could and would tell me of a particular episode so I could (hopefully) find the scene I liked on YT. Darlene is with another girl in a parking lot at night. Two guys are coming onto them and I think even offer some pot. One girl goes, Darlene refuses (and as a boy tries to put an arm around her she says something like "you'll lose any part of you that touches me").

The main thing I remember is the other girl say she's looking for her Prince Charming and Darlene's sarcastic response that went something like, "Good thing we're in a parking lot of drunk losers, it should be no problem seeing him on his white horse."

Do you know which ep this is?

Joan the Vampire Slayer
Joan the Vampire Slayer
I remember that episode. They're going to a rock concert. But I don't remember which ep.

TriBel

Scooby
Together BBC2 10/10

a lockdown/Covid drama/comedy(comedy's the wrong term but I laughed out loud) with James McAvoy and Sharon Horgan. Stunning...in every sense of the word. Tremendous acting. I was absolutely riveted for 90 mins. Fully deserving of a BAFTA.

Last edited:
Priceless
Priceless
Recorded this, so glad you gave it a good review

Altoz

Potential
Television ratings:
Rick and Morty 8.5/ 10
Robot Chicken 8/10
Harvey Birdman 7/10
Naked Attraction 7-8.5/10
Embarrassing Bodies 9/10

Otherwise, it's Doctor Who, Fear The Walking Dead, Walking Dead, when the latest season's on the box. I probably spend more time hunting down movie classics from my twentysomething/thirtysomethinghoods and watching them.

Nix

🤪
Sineya
LOKI- Disney+ episode 1 8/10

Loved it, so funny yet emotional at the end.

Orphan Black - Netflix 9/10

Steamed through a few episodes last night! It was awesome and quite fast paced... will definitely watch the rest soon.

Priceless

Scooby
In the Footsteps of Killers - Investigations into unsolved crimes. Moving, awful, engrossing 10/10

Hunga Munga

Scooby
Ripper Street S1 . 6.5/10 . Watchable Victorian London police show set in the East End . There's better shows out there of this type , but if you like the genre , it's worth a look .
Six S1 . 6.5/10 . Tactical shooter show set in Delta Force . It's a watchable thriller , nicely made , just feels generic .

TriBel

Scooby
Genius Season 3: Aretha. 8.5/10 (knocked points off because pre-civil rights Jim Crow America terrifies / sickens me. Added points because King Curtis was as lovely as I wanted him to be). Lots of stuff I didn't know about Aretha Franklin herself and just as much a comment on gender and class as it was about race. Then there's the music...

Fuffy Baith
Fuffy Baith
Oh nice to hear, I've been wanting to check this out. Thanks!

Dogs of Winter

Potential
You're asking me to remember who Rico is when I'm hard-pressed to remember what day it is? The only thing I remember is the beginning and being blown away by the end! Seriously - I don't remember plots and stories: my mind just doesn't absorb them. It's good because it means I can watch the best TV/films over and over but bad when people ask me questions about the narrative! 😄

I know that feeling. I watched Memento a while back and was a bit worried I wouldnt enjoy it as much as the first time knowing what happened.
But luckily I had forgotten 90% of how it played out :)

TriBel

Scooby
@Dogs of Winter
I'm in the process of getting rid of DVDs (pointless task) and Memento is one of those I took off the shelf, thought "I've seen this" and then put back on the shelf thinking "Guy Pearce but otherwise can't remember it!". Ironic that the damned thing's about memory! 😄

Dogs of Winter
Dogs of Winter
Haha well at least you remembered it was about memory - that's a start !!

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
Friends : The Reunion 10/10

Friends aired on a French channel (dubbed with the French old voices)! +10 episodes chosen by the French channel.

So much emotions 💖💗

Hunga Munga

Scooby
Solar Opposites S1-2. 7.5/10
Genuinely brilliant cartoon from some Rick and Morty creators . Nice animation , writing etc . However I'm marking it down for being needlessly cruel . I'll watch future seasons but it will never get a rewatch at mine , just because it feels unnecessarily bleak .

Top Bottom