• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Rate the Last TV You've Seen #10

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
SPOILER-ISH!

American Horror Stories Ep. 1&2 'Rubber (Wo)man' - 7/10

The first episode was fairly standard AHS fair and I really enjoyed it, particularly Matt Bomer and Sierra McCormick (who I was shocked to learn was Lillith on Supernatural!), though it was a bit glaring that they couldn't get any of the cast from Murder House to show up. It was fun to see Paris Jackson, too, but I hope that's her last time playing a teen because the 23-year-old cannot believably pass for one anymore; especially with that height, lol.

Things fell apart a little bit in the second part, where we're suddenly supposed to believe in a brand new couple (Kaia Gerber was another fun face to see) where one half was someone we didn't even meet in the first part. The second episode relied too heavily on the 'soulmate connection' between McCormick and Gerber's characters and less on the actual ghost and murder part of the story. All-around, however, it was a decent outing and I'm still excited for the rest of the episodes to come, before AHS S10 comes out.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
SPOILER-ISH!

American Horror Stories Ep. 1&2 'Rubber (Wo)man' - 7/10

The first episode was fairly standard AHS fair and I really enjoyed it, particularly Matt Bomer and Sierra McCormick (who I was shocked to learn was Lillith on Supernatural!), though it was a bit glaring that they couldn't get any of the cast from Murder House to show up. It was fun to see Paris Jackson, too, but I hope that's her last time playing a teen because the 23-year-old cannot believably pass for one anymore; especially with that height, lol.

Things fell apart a little bit in the second part, where we're suddenly supposed to believe in a brand new couple (Kaia Gerber was another fun face to see) where one half was someone we didn't even meet in the first part. The second episode relied too heavily on the 'soulmate connection' between McCormick and Gerber's characters and less on the actual ghost and murder part of the story. All-around, however, it was a decent outing and I'm still excited for the rest of the episodes to come, before AHS S10 comes out.
I've yet to see it. I do like the idea that each episode is a stand alone telling a different story though intertwined by plot similarities.

TriBel

Scooby
Steve Mcqueen's documentary Uprising Ep 1. 9/10
About the plight of Black Britons, the National Front and the death of 13 young people in a house fire in New Cross London 1981: "13 Dead, Nothing Said".

Hunga Munga

Scooby
The Tick (1994) 7.5/10 . Better in my memory but still pretty good . Surreal and often funny .

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
American Horror Stories Ep. 3 Drive In - 5.5/10
Yeah, that ain't it. I really tried to enjoy it, and there were good parts strewn in here and there (mostly the performances by two AHS alumni) but for the better part of the very short 40 minutes, it was predictable and bad. I was particularly irritated by the character of Dee, it was riddled with the kind of cliches that Ryan usually tries to avoid or subvert, and what was hinted as an interesting story turned into the same old zombie flick we've been seeing so much of for the past decade or so.

Maybe I was wrong to go into it with such excitement and next week I will definitely be cautious and my expectations will be way down.

Hunga Munga

Scooby
The Tick (2001) 8/10 . If the Apocalypse rolls around tomorrow , Fox executives will bear the brunt of the damnation on Judgement Day . This shortlived live action series ran for 9 episodes before cancellation by Fox . I have never known a network with such uncanny instincts to shoot themselves in the foot . Could have been a great show , but still worth watching .

TriBel

Scooby
Steve Mcqueen Uprising Ep. 2&3. 9/10
Frustrating. I wanted answers for the families of the kids who died in the New Cross fire. If folk want why there's so much animosity between black youth and the police then they need to watch this (Hillsborough came to mind). That said, I think Mcqueen kept it balanced.
Another entertaining season. Hope they keep making these. :)
I noticed this last week but was a bit put off because each episode was dedicated to a single movie...I'm kinda used to topic based docs like The Celluloid Closet or historical overviews like those of Scorsese and Cousins. I'll give it a try if you recommend it.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Reservation Dogs (episodes 1 & 2) - 2 thumbs way up! Can't wait to watch the rest. Kind of reminded me a little of Dance Me Outside. :)

Spanky
Spanky
Despite your liking it, I still might have to watch it

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Netflix Untold: Malice in the Palace - really good start to this documentary series. Will definitely be watching more. :)

Spanky
Spanky
I was hoping by the title the topic would be that. Question: Do they call him Ron Artest or Meta World Peace?

Nix

🤪
Sineya
Bones season 4
I've done about 3 episodes so far (I think I'm about where I got to on my first watch)
Loving it, loving the dynamics..

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Limetown: 7/10: Creepy and atmospheric, the uncovering of an intriguingly set-up (fictional) mystery. I liked the journalistic 'quest for the truth and what it costs' angle. A shame it was cancelled and they had to rush to get any kind of resolution to the answers.

whatdBuffyDo

Potential
Sineya
Attack on Titan: Final Season Part I - 10/10
Oh boy... It will take some time to recover from this.
This whole series is a masterpiece.
Kudos to the mangaka Hajime Isayama for creating the universe and writing this story with in-depth characters and a lot of twists and turns which lead to very interesting places. Also kudos to the team who made this story available as an animation.
Let's see when part II will be aired...

Mr Trick

Scooby
Cruel Summer Season 1 - 8/10
One of the shows of the year. Great acting, good character depth, strong plotting and direction, with a cool soundtrack. It does a good job in subverting expectations not only with characters but with the plot. Deals with some dark themes very well. There's a few clunky moments here and there, but overall very engrossing. I don't know what they can do with S2 but I'm up for checking it out.

Angel Season 3 - 9/10
Still the best season IMO. If not for the Groo-Cordy-Angel BS and Connor boring me to death at the end of the season it would be getting a ten. It just takes a dip in the last few episodes. Holtz is a wonderful villain though. And we get peak Lilah this season.

Top Bottom