• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rate the Last TV You've Seen #5

Mr Trick

Scooby
Mark Kermode's Secrets of Cinema - 9/10
A great series that works whether your a film buff or not. You can find it on the BBC I-Player now.

Black Books series 1 (2001) 8/10

Mr Trick

Scooby
Parks and Recreation season 4 (2011/12) 9/10
The show just got better and better. I think this season has character depth, and actually manages to quite moving, but still very funny. Enjoyed some of satire on the media and local elections, that stuff was fun and I was really willing Leslie on to win. Andy and April really come alive as a couple this season, and I love Tom and Anne together. Think this is her strongest season as a character.

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
Finale of OITNB 6/10

I felt slightly disappointed by this last episode... so many questions left unanswered ... still good but lacking in something and it was a long episode.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Afflicted 7/10

An interesting one, but not sure if its really healthy for anyone. Some of the treatments do seem more like quackery, but the illnesses, the sensitivity is seen in so many, is real. It cannot be purely mental. They identify some on the show as Lyme diseased, which is not recognised in Australia, but MCS is recognised as a disability. The emotional aspect is clearly caused by the illness and not the other way around, which I feel this series plays with a little bit. Its nice they all found hope in the end.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I got a lot of tv time with the kangaroo on my lap. I have been in a Chris Lilley mood. Most of them I caught on tv when they aired but they are on Netflix now so YAY!

We Can Be Heroes 7/10
This is his earliest show and first time I saw Chris Lilley and his characters all those years ago. The humour is mild and entertaining. I don't remember hating the voiceover as much years back, perhaps I have seen it too many times now. His characters are so true to their locations and so wonderfully Aussie.

Angry Boys 8/10
Probably the funniest of the lot. Jen is my favourite. Chris really nails the characters this time round and it seems he had far more money for production than in We Can Be Heroes. I think this will be on my perk me up re-watch list because there are so many laugh out loud moments. I did skip most of the S'mouse content this time round because the accent is like nails on a chalk board for me. The rest of the boys are worth watching. Gran is great, we need more like Gran, shame we wont get more Gran :(
1535534526581.png

Jonah from Tonga 6/10
This one hits a little too close to home. Some of it is sad because it is so true. Other parts are humorous but I cant help but feel a bit sad that there are so many Jonahs in the world. The jokes are mostly appealing to teenage boys. It appears Chris enjoys being this character, I barely recognised him as Chris at all when he is in the Jonah role. I'd like to see what comes of Jonah as an adult.

I have Summer Heights High and Ja'mie to go. I have started summer heights high and already a bit over Mr G. Although I am sure to get at least some lols.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Redfern Now : Promise Me 10/10
Wow. First 15 minutes, so true to life. The actress portrayed the moment outside of the police station perfectly. You know you could go in. You walked there in hope someone would help. But standing there, you know its a fantasy and the police will make life even more difficult. It'd make it real. The doctor being a judgemental cow. Then Lorraine, short changed at work, blames herself for the position she's in. I didn't expect this to be so real. Lawyers are scum.

Geostorm 8/10
Exactly what I was expecting from this movie. If you're after a space/weather/family disaster movie, this delivers. Gets a good rating cos it was what I wanted to see and true to the US film disaster formula.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Supernatural - "The End" 8/10

It's always a pleasure seeing Cas as a hippie/guru/druggie/sex addict. 😂 I really felt that Misha was channeling a part of himself here. Really, really entertaining. And that smile!! ❤

Jensen is a very gifted actor, but I've always had issues with Jared's emotional range. (He's totally HOT, and I wouldn't kick him out of my bed, but his acting leaves much to be desired)

So basically, yeah...I watch the episode for Misha's performance. The boys have great chemistry, but Jensen is the serious talent of the two.

ItMustBeBunnies
ItMustBeBunnies
Sometimes you really steal my exact thoughts :)

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Summer heights high 8/10

I much prefer the songs from this one being stuck in my head over S'mouses.

I sorta forgot how classic this show was. And look! Diversity!!! Lol. Love it.

Ja'mie: private school girl 6/10

Not his best, like Jonah, probably a little too real. Too much girl screaming. The ending is hilarious and a few of the good lines are great lines. Chris seems to enjoy this role as much as he did the jonah role. I cant wait for his new show! (If he isnt run off netflix with it)

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Miss SherLock - the umpteenth Sir Arthur Conan Doyle detective TV adaptation that you never know you needed. From HBO Asia & Hulu. This one, while closer to it's British counterpart, goes the full Joan Watson. Switching both famed characters' genders (& ethnicities). Also further changing the names around. Dr Wato (sometimes referred to as Wato-san) & Moriwaki. Oh and Sherlock is merely a nickname in this iteration! Thoroughly enjoyed the rather short 8 episode freshman season. 👍 👍

Mr Trick

Scooby
The Best of Smack the Pony Seasons 1 &2 8/10
One of my favourite sketch shows of the last 15 years. Has some wicked, inventive, playful and surreal humour. Damn these girls are talented!:cool:

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Whoa, something that always gives me chills. Kennedy Center Honours , with Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart...if you know them, then you also know that the girls were greatly influenced by Led Zeppelin. They've covered their songs since the '70's, and to see them do Stairway to Heaven with Zeppelin in the audience....wow. Robert Plant got tears in his eyes, and Jimmy Page was blown away. John Paul Jones smiled a bit. Bonzo's kid Jason on drums; this is some supernaturally awesome stuff!! Too bad the full video can't be found...but watch the guys' reactions to the song. Makes me a bit teary-eyed as well.

Reactions: sk

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
The Great British Bake Off, already got favourites, and loving the challenges.

Top Bottom