• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rate the last TV you've seen #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
Just watched The Legend of Korra. The last episode of season 2.
Unbelievable enough I have actually been missing this episode in my collection.
So even though I have watched the series at least 2 times I have never seen this episode before.

Love Legend of Korra.
Not often I like kids in TV shows but Tenzins kid is just adorable and so funny. :)

/SK

Octavia
Octavia
Always cool to find a missed ep! I do it with spn too.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Supernatural season 14

I prefer to binge watch this, so I'll watch a few eps stop for a while and watch a few more, but I really enjoyed the season finale, the season as whole was rather up and down, lots of stories in it shooting in different directions, but overall an enjoyable season. I need to rewatch it really to score it, but 7/10

Kratos

Potential
The 100, Season 1, Ep13 9/10
Like Supernatural, I decided to give The 100 another go (stopped watching it towards the end of S1 because I lost interest in the show for some reason) and I was surprised to find myself really enjoying it. Ep 13 was an awesome finale. Better than Lost, which I never really liked.

Octavia
Octavia
Yaaaayy!! Love fellow fans

Nix

Evil Nix 😈 Unicorn of Death!
Sineya
Outlander, Season 1, last 2 episodes. 9/10

Very good finale, painful to watch but brilliantly done imo.

Octavia
Octavia
Great show. Lots of painful to come but good too.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Black Mirror: Nosedive - 8.5/10
This might be my new favorite episode. Bryce Dallas Howard (whom I love already) is just amazing in this. Her continuous downward spiral, her unique laugh, god, she's just phenomenal in this one.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Black Mirror: Playtest - 8/10
Solid episode, yet again. The last two minutes elevated it to the current rating, wow. I really enjoyed discount Charlie Hunnam in the lead role :D

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I never remember the names of the episodes of Black Mirror - its a shame cos it sounds like they put thought into it. Its hit and miss with me. 3 episodes I will love out of this world, and 3 I will be disinterested or disgusted in. Its hard to know how to pick a hit with me. I think I remember nosebleed though - s1? That was a big hit.

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
Tales of the City- 8/10

A strong start to a show I wasn't sure I would like. I'm not really one for soaps but it is kinda nice having your typical soapy show with an LGBT cast. Overall great casting too.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Black Mirror: San Junipero - 7.5/10
The .5 was added once I saw the ending.

I think I would probably give it a higher rating - like an 8 or 8.5 - upon my next watch; it feels like the type of episode that gets better the second time around, because you understand what's happening better and can look for clues and signs. I thought the biggest strength of this one was the second half, when we got background on why and how and all of that.

That everyone - apparently this is critically acclaimed - considers this the best S3 has to offer? I disagree. But it's definitely another strong outing from the show, that, for me, has only been weak once.

Octavia
Octavia
yeah, I didnt get the hype on this one at all
Black Thorn
Luther (seasons 1-5): 9/10
I'm not really that into crime dramas but I loved this one! It has very good plots for it's episodes and an entertaining overall arc. They do tend to recycle some plot points but it doesn't really hinder it's entertainment and just makes you feel bad for John Luther. Idris Elba is a very strong actor as well as the many actors in the supporting roles. Each episode, despite being about a murder each time, never fails to be boring and continuously has weird and creepy crimes that make you come back for more (which I mean in the least evil way possible). It also has an amazing soundtrack!

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Good Omens 9/10

David Tennant and Michael Sheen are great in it, as are the supporting cast playing the Angels and Demons and horsemen. It also had a good soundtrack. For me, the weak spot was the two of the main female human characters. They weren't bad, however one suffered from plot induced stupidity despite being quite switched on in the first few episodes, whilst the other was one of those "thinks they know everything despite being a kid" type of people which got a little annoying. Overall a good show and definitely recommend to watch.

Octavia
Octavia
ok, i'll give this a go

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Black Mirror: Men Against Fire - 10/10
This is absolutely, without a doubt, the best episode of the entire show, so far. Every second drenched in shades of World War II, it's a fascinating look at how, even when the world itself changes, people never truly do.

Terrifying. Stunning.

And there were lots of people speaking my language, too. I didn't need the translator ;)

Smallville 9/10 I recently finished the watching after a few months. Never fails to disappoint and John Glover is absolutely amazing as an actor. The opera music scenes were my favorite.
Angel 8/10. Season 4 sucked ass but Wes' character arc is the best in both shows.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Jessica Jones - the most frustrating of the Netflix Marvel series. On one hand it has (along with Daredevil) some of the best characters/interactions and story lines. On the other hand it always ends up doing some things that drive me krazy (nearly to the point of not finishing the season). 😩

r2dh2
r2dh2
Right there with you, I actually gave up on the series and I truly wanted to love it and become a fan.
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Really? I felt that with S2. But so far S3 is really impressive. But I still have a bit to go so won't pass comment just yet.
The Bronze
The Bronze
Season 1 was brilliant. I should have left it there.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
^^ I think Jessica Jones ended well. It was a much better season than season 2 and defo rewatch material for me. I'd give it a 7.5/10 but it's likely to be higher when I pay attention next time thought.

I have ep 7 season 6 of the 100 on now and I am so glad its on! Havent finished it yet but 10/10 for fan fun so far.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
The way its progressing JJ S3 might be my favourite season. But will wait for the finish before saying for sure.

Mr Trick

Scooby
What/If season 1 (2019) 4/10
It had its moments. It was at least watchable. But the cliche soap twists got a bit much at times. Plus it struggled to settle down into one thing or the other. It wasn't quite silly enough to be full blown guilty pleasure. The end was kinda lame too.

Seinfeld Season 1 (1989-1990) 5/10
Hard to believe its been 30 years since the first episode aired:D Pretty middle of the road first season. The pacing is off and it just feels like a lot other sitcoms of the time rather than the unique sitcom it would become. The supporting characters are underwritten too. Male Un-Bonding is my pick of the five episodes.

Kratos
Kratos
Agree about Seinfeld S1, though it’s at least only 5 episodes. S2 is a big improvement.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Black Mirror: USS Callister - 9/10
Holy. Crap.

At first, I was totally sympathetic when it came to Daly; I've been there. Outside looking in, overlooked, bullied, whispered about. And then it just took a 180 and I realized he was a sociopath who liked to use his magnifying glass to burn ants to death. Wow o_O

The only 2 reasons why this isn't a perfect score? It wasn't equal to my favorite and it dragged a tiny bit in the first half. Other than that? Brilliant. Just brilliant. The acting, the directing, the writing. This is Black Mirror at full speed ahead and in the beginning of S4 I've still only seen a single lesser episode. Wtf!!!

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Black Mirror: Arkangel - 7/10
A bit slow-going and the narrow focus didn't work here quite as well as it has in past episodes. However, it was definitely not a bad episode (and miles better than Waldo). I also feel that the impact might be greater if watched by mothers/parents. Once again, the ending elevated it; BM does endings really well.

Black Mirror: Crocodile - 7.5/10
Some might say this dragged just as much (if not more) than the previous one, but it was done so much better despite once again having a narrow focus. I loved wondering how the two women were connected and then finding out a while into the episode. Also, ten minutes before the end, I said to myself "the best ending to this would be her getting away with it" and how did it end? :D

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Black Mirror: Hang the DJ - 5/10
This is the highest rated episode (not counting the Christmas special, of course)? What is it with people and romance? Because that's the only explanation for why this crappy dragger that leaves us with about a billion questions by the time it's over is considered the very best that BM has to offer. Just...mindboggling. I'd rather watch Waldo again than this one, and Waldo used to be my least favorite of the show!

@Spanky Never!!! (I'm watching another episode at this very moment :p)

Last edited:
Spanky
Spanky
Does your tv ever get tired of broadcasting that show? Will it ever revolt and say no, no more black mirror!
one eyed chicklet
one eyed chicklet
I know! It’s not even that good. I never understood the hype around it.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom