• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rate the last TV you've seen #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
First off, kudos on enjoying the season more than most fans (including me) as I consider this one of the worst seasons of the show :p

Secondly, to answer your question; I'm a Tarantino fanatic, so quite unsurprisingly my favorite was the Tarantino homage that was Stuck in the Middle (with You), also known as 12x12 :)
Ah, yeah. That was a good ep, though I liked Ramiel more than the homage, hehe. It was good, don’t get me wrong, just a bit annoying too.

Really, its impopular? I thought it was a fine season. Didn’t even reach the bottom levels of awful of s6-7 :p I think eps 6, 10 or 11 might’ve been my faves.

Puppet
Puppet
It was directed by Speight Jr., y'know, and he's the second best to ever direct SPN, im humble o ;)

Hunga Munga

Potential
Dark Angel 2000-2002 7/10 ? Almost impossible for me to rate this fairly . The first season gets off to a rocky start but by the end of the final second season it's just finding a voice.

Jessica Alba , arguably the most beautiful human face on the planet , plays the kickarse lead in a post-apocalyptic Seattle . She's not a great actress but she makes a fair fist of playing the action hero role . The fight scenes can be pretty good , the cyberpunk landscape is mostly impressive .

Black Thorn
Torchwood season 2: 10/10
Again a rewatch, but it is, by far my favourite season. There isn't a single episode I don't like, and it definitely has a lot of the best episodes of the whole show. I don't think I've ever rated a season 10/10 before, but it definitely deserves it. The episodes: Adam, Fragments, Sleeper and Adrift are outstanding, theres amazing character development, action and literally anything you could want from Torchwood. They definitely toned down the CGI a bit too, a good thing considering that it doesn't look that good.
Owen's progress (couldn't think of a better word for it without spoilers) throughout this season is great, and he's much improved from season 1.
I loved seeing Martha again, she's such a badass after she wasn't the Doctor's companion anymore, her chemistry with the other character's is also great.
And finally, the part which I should probably mention on a Buffy themed forum is Captain John Hart. His entrance was amazing, funny and definitely a majorly underused character in the Whoniverse (although Big Finish is changing that), I loved that character before I had watched Buffy and I always thought that Spike looked somewhat familiar lol.
If only Martha or Captain John Hart showed up in season 4, maybe it wouldn't have been such a travesty (I'm not rewatching that season, I don't hate myself that much).

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
Supernatural s13 - 4.5/5

I really enjoyed this season, though sometimes it felt a bit scattered. I loved the introduction of Jack, I want more Jack! and though I missed a certain character, what is great about SPN at this point is that they have such a large extended cast that it is almost easy to forget the characters that don’t make an appearance.

Now, that ending
I was pretty sure that after all his banging on about Jack that season, Lucifer would actually die protecting Jack from Michael... I DID NOT forsee that old Luce would drain his kid of angel juice and be prepared to kill him!

I’m a but iffy on the return of old characters just from the alternative world, but, I guess I’ll see where it goes before making a judgement.

I like that the Michael sword thing happened though I hate Michael with the power of a 1000 suns and don’t want to see evil Dean really.

Mark Pellegrino is a treat. Loved him throughout. Even grew to like a certain witch.

I could deduct like all the points for that steaming pile of garbage called Wayward Sisters, but I’ll just pretend it never happened. Will be skipping on re-watches! I can’t believe it is from the creators of SPN, it’s like in an effort to force some kind of girl power message they forgot how to write compelling characters... yet in the very next episode there is Donna and without the forced girl-power she’s suddenly a great character again! The whole thing was trite, like some Birds of Prey (2002) cringe-fest and I dearly hope we never see Claire again.

Now, all that is forgotten and forgiven with Scoobynatural , arguably one of the best episodes of tv ever! I’m sure many disagree and hate it, but (obsession with Daphne excluded) I’m basically Dean in this episode. It sounded lame, but it was 100% unadulterated delight! Loved every second of it!

All in all, great season, fun throughout with some great twists and turns.

Puppet
Puppet
Yeah, we're back on track with S13, one of the strongest from the post-Kripke era for most fans.
Spanky
Spanky
S14 I think is better than S13, even if Peaky Blinders reject seemed to wear on me.
RachM
RachM
Scoobynatural is an awesome episode! I loved it so much.
Black Thorn
Torchwood - Children of Earth: 9/10 (rewatch)
Now, why do I rate the objectively best season of Torchwood lower than season 2? The plot is amazing, stunning scenes, heatbreaking moments. But, the woman who plays Jack's daughter's acting is awful, she constantly looks like she's smiling even when people are saying "they are taking the children" (paraphrased) and she's got this smile on her face and says "Jesus", she's like that through the whole thing and it irritated me so much I retracted a point.
Apart from that, Peter Capaldi is great and well as the main cast, it would just have been nice to see more familiar faces. All in all, it's very strong and I loved it (apart from Jack's daughter).

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
HBO's Chernobyl - 9/10

Holy crap, this series was incredibly intense and harrowing and hard to watch in places, but it really captured the magnitude and devastation of the Chernobyl Explosion, including the long aftermath and the cost of life. The acting is superb, Stellan Skarsgard and Jared Harris in particular are so good, and the series plays out almost like a horror film, with so many tense scenes and horrific events. An extremely well-made series.

spikenbuffy

"Preparation, preparation, preparation"
Er Season 8 : 7/10

Better than S7. It has the death of one of the main characters in it. Since S1, Mark Green was like the heart of the show, one of the best characters of the show & a favorite of mine alongside with Peter Benton who also left the show in this season. So I decided to stop to watch here as I heard that the show will get downhill badly and won't be the same without Mark Green. Maybe I will catch up later to see season 9 & 10. Though I don't want to see crash, accidents, people get hit by helicopters 2 times :rolleyes: or whatever else like what could be in Grey's Anatomy.

spikenbuffy

That 70 's show, Season 6 & 7 : 6, 5/10

The first part of S6 was great with Kelso who learnt that he will become a father & he's now a cop, Jackie & Hyde's dance scene of Grease was also amazing! Though I love less the second part of S6 which I kind of think, it has become downhill in S6. But I loved to see Seth Green.

Season 7 was ok but Jackie & Hyde's break up sucks.

spikenbuffy

That 70 's show, Season 5 : 8/10

One of best & funniest season hands down ! Hyde & Jackie together was sweet, Kitty was funny as hell with her menopause, I loved Donna & Eric 's fighting for their decisions & red saying to Eric that he has become a man. There's also a great plot twist at the end.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Nailed It - Holidays Special

This was a rewatch for me, but I think I still enjoyed it more than @Nix I do love this show.

Puppet
Puppet
I could never get into it, too ridiculous for my taste
  • Haha
Reactions: Nix

Hunga Munga

Potential
I've been ill for a while so been watching loads of stuff .

Warehouse 13 season 1-2 5/10
Promising show let down by some really bad writing . The basic premise , the cast , the effects, the cinematography etc are all solid . It's a very watchable show but so generic at times it feels like moving wallpaper to me .
I'll probably do the rest at some stage but I was glad to see the back of it for now .
Futureman 20017- season 1-2 7/10
Tight Time Travel comedy romp . It's very adult in tone ,occasionally hilarious , perhaps it tries a bit hard and overdoes the adult stuff at times but a decent show.
The Gifted season 1-2 8/10
I really enjoyed this one . I've watched a whole bunch of superhero inspired television in my time and this was probably my favourite . They tell a big story arc , which does justice to the essential X-men struggle. Occasionally there's some tortured exposition and redundant dialogue in there because of the larger narrative ,but I still really liked it . :)

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Supernatural S14 finale Moriah - 9.5/10
One of the best finales of the show, which is saying something when we've got the likes of Sacrifice and Swan Song. Think this one is right up there behind those two, it was just amazing.

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
A vast company of witnesses 5/5 - part of a documentary series, this one detailing the lives of four female saints. Very interesting. I don't like autobiographies, people just waffling on about themselves tends to be boring, but documentaries about people I tend to love. There are so many interesting lives out there. Also watched one on GK Chesterton, fascinating guy, interesting friendship with George Bernard Shaw, another interesting guy.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl - 10/10

This has always been one of my favourite films. It was SO well done! Will and Elizabeth are just too cute together. Norrington was incredibly sexy. And of course...Jack. He was beyond hilarious. Also loved that monkey! 🐒

I still think Keira Knightley has a weird face, but no matter. She was great in this film.

Blaze
Blaze
Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom made me question things with this movie lol I think I have a pirate kink
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
think Keira's gorgeous

spikenbuffy

Twin Peaks Season 1 : 8/10

Great first season, amazing characters, Kyle MacLachlan does such a good job. I love him. The finale was also intriguing.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Is this your first watch? If so what a journey you have awaiting you!
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
only really cared for 1st half of S1

Kratos

Potential
Dexter, S2, Ep1 9/10
Started watching a few early episodes of Dexter recently and I thought this one was very good. I think the show is growing on me. It’s hard to watch but intriguing enough to want to keep watching, even though i already know the ending (I watched a random episode years ago and thought it wasn’t for me and I spoiled the ending for myself).

Last edited:
Octavia
Octavia
s4 is the best!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom