• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rate The Last TV You've Seen #7

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Lucifer - episodes 1-2

I've started to rewatch this, been a few years and I'm enjoying it. 7/10

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Supernatural season 15 episodes 4, 5 and 6 - 8.5-9/10

God, but this final season has just been sooo consistently good. I wasn't a huge fan of the premiere, but every episode since then has just knocked it out of the park!

Looks like we'll be ending on a high :D

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
Supernatural s8
Not a very good season, the second half did get better but mostly because I like their new digs. Otherwise, meh. Mostly a long therapy session and the introduction to Abaddon who bores me to tears. Watchable, but not very memorable. I love Kevin though. Also good finale, the last couple of eps was where it got interesting again. K

Puppet
Puppet
Best season finale of the whole show, imo :D

white avenger

white avenger
"Hollywood Weapons" 7 1/2 of 10

Imagine "Myth Busters," devoted exclusively to the use/misuse of various and assorted guns, knives, and other various weapons as used in the movies and on TV. (Could Robin Hood really have been able to split one arrow with a second one? Could anyone actually fire an M-60 machine gun one-handed the way that Rambo and assorted other movie characters so often do?) and, along the way, picking up various bits of movie trivia, for instance, the title character in "Quigley Down Under" got his unusual name because the act of hitting multiple targets with a single round, which he did several times in the movie, is known in the shooting community as a "quigley."

Obviously, not the show for everyone, but great for us gun nuts and would be swordsmen.

Spanky
Spanky
That reminds me of that deadliest warrior show. Have you seen that?

white avenger

white avenger
Spanky That reminds me of that deadliest warrior show. Have you seen that?

I loved that show! Especially the "Vampires vs Zombies" one.

My problem with their conclusios are that 1) zombies appear to only want to feed on LIVING flesh, and a vampire isn't living and 2)vampires shouldn't be able to be infected with "zombie virus" for the same reason. Undead flesh shouldn't be able to host any sort of diseaseor virus.

Last edited:

Altoz

Potential
Wellington Paranormal, New Zealand's home grown dark comedy/police procedural, featuring assorted things that go bump in the night and two clueless cops: 8/10-

Mr Trick

Scooby
@HowiMetdaSlayer It maybe by the high standards set by the series but I did think S5 was a bit below par. It might be because they were setting the table for the final season. It was still really good, but not great like the other seasons. S6 has been excellent though.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
thought all 6 seasons were amazing

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Supernatural Season 12 - 7/10

Enjoyable but a bit directionless and after the awesomeness and epicness of Season 11, it felt much milder. But still had some solid characterisation and very entertaining episodes. I still feel like my initial assessment was correct; this felt like a filler/bridging season, to get us to the set up for Season 13.

Puppet
Puppet
Totally agree.

Mr Trick

Scooby
The Americans season 6 (2018) 10/10
A satisfying final season. The finale is maybe one of the best I've seen. I was pleased with how each of the major characters was left off.

The War of the Worlds (2019) 3/10
Dull, self-indulgent and baffling.

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
Supernatural s9 - 7.5/10
Much better than season 8, Abaddon wasn't as bad as I remembered - because they use her sparingly so she never gets dull (nothing wrong with the actress, or character really, she just more of a just muscle bad-guy, and that kind of bores me). Had forgotten how much I loved Crowley and Dean together. Also, haha, when I watched some of the later seasons this summer I just did not remember what Metatron had to "atone" for, I was like, well he wasn't so bad, was he? I probably should've re-watched these seasons before getting into 11-13 ;) I really like the Gadreel plotlines too.

Also, lol, at Dean going "you'd do the same for me" and Sam mid-season being all "no Dean, I wouldn't" and it's like a big moment. Then at the end of this season... Sammy, what happened to that, no I wouldn't stuff, eh? Eh?

Loved the end. Excited to get into season 10 though if I recall correctly I never much cared for how they 'fixed' the mark of Cain thing. Either way, bromance me away Supernatural! Crowley and Dean, here I come!

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Apocalypse AHS: 7/10
I’ve only watched this season and Cult and I’ve heard that it included crossovers from previous seasons so I was definitely confused while watching but weirdly I liked it 😁

Puppet
Puppet
It's even better when you're not confused :P

GaviGrimm

Slayer: She who hangs out a lot in cemeteries.
We got Disney+ and I've been watching through That's So Raven again. 8/10 I forgot how funny it was.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Ghost Whisperer Season 1 - 7/10

This is such a cheesy series, but the actors on it are so earnest and genuine that the cheesiness somehow ends up working. The first season has some great episodes with some genuinely spooky scenes, balanced with a lot of heartwarming moments.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Tell Me a Story (first half of S1) - 7.5/10
Great acting, good story-telling, only a tiny bit cliched and cheesy :)

Top Bottom