• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rate the Last TV You've Seen #8

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Person of Interest S4 (yes, it took me two days to watch a full season) - 7.5/10
Not quite as good as past seasons, it still did a lot of great things, there were just moments here and there where I lost interest in the plot and drifted off into other thoughts and then when I came back I was confused by the plot because of what I'd missed. I may enjoy it more on my first rewatch, whenever that is. I also am annoyed that a certain character who I will not name should have gotten a bullet between their eyes two seasons ago but is alive still, only because of plot armor. Ugh.

Off to do the final season, which makes me sad and happy at the same time, this has been such an awesome show to watch :)

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Yeah four is a bit of a step down. But it does get better on a re-watch or at least did for me.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Person of Interest S5 - 8.5/10
And we're back to a strong outing once again. While I was disappointed that they had halved this season - only 13 episodes when the 4 previous ones were full 22 episodes - and while there were ideas that might've worked better with a full season, they definitely made good work of what they got. You could feel that it was the final season in every episode, in a good way. And when it was all over, the fact that my only complaint was not checking back in with Control says something about how great they finished everything off.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Person of Interest S5 - 8.5/10
And we're back to a strong outing once again. While I was disappointed that they had halved this season - only 13 episodes when the 4 previous ones were full 22 episodes - and while there were ideas that might've worked better with a full season, they definitely made good work of what they got. You could feel that it was the final season in every episode, in a good way. And when it was all over, the fact that my only complaint was not checking back in with Control says something about how great they finished everything off.
One odd thing about S5 is that the real finale seemed to be the week before the final episode. I had mixed feelings on the ending myself. But its a very good show overall.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Riverdale S1 - 8/10
I was genuinely surprised by how much I enjoyed this. Yes, it's full of cliches, and yes, it's painfully predictable at times - I think I was surprised by one or two of the many twists and turns throughout - but what makes it so strong, imo, is the writing and the characters, plus some really great acting from all the younger cast members. The mystery was fun, but mostly I just really engage with the people. I swear, Veronica Lodge is officially one of my all-time favorite fictional characters, I just adore her, followed closely by Jughead. I definitely did not expect to enjoy it so much.

I'm off to watch some S1 reactions and then hopefully kickstart S2 later today :)

RachM
RachM
Yay for some Veronica love! She's woefully underappreciated in the fandom.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Buffy Season 2 - 9/10

Season two's always a funny one because there's a fair few weaker MOTW episodes. But the main arc of the season is one of my favourite of the show. Plus Spike, Angelous and Dru are the perfect evil trio. It also has 4 or 5 of the best episodes of the show. The finale really delivers too.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Derry Girls- 8/10
It's a really clever show in the way that a lot of its jokes rely on the viewer knowing somewhat about Ireland but luckily it was part of what I was taught at school.
Very good comedy.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Need to check this out properly. Just saw the first episode which I remember liking.

TriBel

Scooby
Derry Girls- 8/10
It's a really clever show in the way that a lot of its jokes rely on the viewer knowing somewhat about Ireland but luckily it was part of what I was taught at school.
Very good comedy.
8/10? o_O Come on...Sister Michael's worth that on her own! "Lovely job so far Seamus, but keep it moving, Rawhide is on in 15 minutes.” 🤣

Athene
Athene
True 😂 she might be my favourite character

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Riverdale S2 - 7/10
Still good, not as good as the first one. I talk about not liking the new thing where we get shorter seasons, but one of the downsides of 22 episodes (which S2 has but S1 only had 13) is that it can easily dip in the middle, and this one definitely did that. It found its feet again, though, and got back to being strong near the end.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I finished I Am A Killer, I've heard that there's a second season and I'll watch that when it gets to Netflix.

It was interesting to see how long people stay on Death Row and how many people, having been sentence to death, get the sentence changed to life in prison instead.

Mr Trick

Scooby
My Brilliant Friend Season 2 - 9/10

Even better than the first season IMO. I liked the lighter touchers and greater character depth. It was even more dramatic and engrossing than before.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Buffy Season 4 - 9/10

This season gets better every time I see it. This time around even the Adam-Riley plot didn't bother me too much. Restless is right up there with the best season finales of the show IMO. Restless, Pangs and the Faith two-parter are some of the best episodes of Buffy too.

Priceless

Scooby
The Sinner - really unusual psychological stories, all three stories have been pretty unbelievable, but still interesting 7/10

Ghost Boy
Ghost Boy
I've seen season one but I haven't watched the other seasons yet.

Priceless

Scooby
Supernatural S14 Ep 18 - for the first time in a very long time Supernatural produced a fantastic episode. This was so good and if what happens is reversed, I'll probably give up on this show 8.5/10

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Supernatural S14 Ep 18 - for the first time in a very long time Supernatural produced a fantastic episode. This was so good and if what happens is reversed, I'll probably give up on this show 8.5/10
What is this one about again?

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
The Babysitters Club (2020) - 8/10
I'm not the demographic for this show - I've never even read the books but I enjoyed it because it was well written and it's just a feel good show that's kind of similar to Anne with an E.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
really liked Anne With An E, but this trailer didn't look that great to me
Hunga Munga
Hunga Munga
Watched the first ep . Waaaaay too young for me but solid writing etc, a cut above the usual pre-teen fare .
Priceless
Priceless
Heard good things, but too young for me too
Top Bottom