• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Rate the last tv you've seen #9

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
The 100 season 6- 8/10
I liked this season a lot, I think Sanctum and ths primes were really interesting, they were like the Mountain Men but worse. It was solid.

O
OliAnn
It's really good!

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Game of Thrones S8 - 4/10
As a big #TeamStark peep, I didn't mind the final season as much as some. However both seasons 7 & 8 were pretty weak overall. Also to be fair, I think a bunch of peeps would've liked (or even loved) the final season if the Daenerys story line ended differently. Even if everything else remained the same. Some of the BIG Daenerys' fans seem to have blinders on when it comes to her behavior in previous seasons which lent credence to her fate. Just saying. :oops:

My problems with final 2 seasons was more in it's execution than in the overall story. Although, I did have some problems there too. I think that the conveying of time passing was really weak or non-existent in those seasons. To be fair, this was always one of the weaker parts of the show, but they at least made some effort in the earlier seasons. It gradually got worse thru the years, though. So, by the final seasons, everything seem to happen 'in a flash'. Ironically, in a show set in a time (which was similar to medieval times) where warfare generally took a LONG time to happen, they should've made use of that and aged it's characters accordingly. Which was another issue I took with the show. Anyway, that's my 2 cents. :oops:

N1ght
N1ght
Everyone felt super out of character in the last season :(
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Yeah I thought the final season was just too drawn out and boring. I do think they sell out The Daenerys character, although I don't believe she would knowlingly kill some many innoncent people who had nothing to do with the Queen's crimes.
thetopher
thetopher
Actually the last two seasons seemed incredibly rushed and poorly developed, so they had characters act like idiots to try and paper over the cracks.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
WandaVision Ep. 9/Finale - 10/10 - WandaVision in general - 10/10
Wow, did this show take me by total surprise. For something that I originally watched just because it was MCU and I try to watch everything (and because I figured that I would be confused during my next non-Black Widow MCU movie if I didn't) it turned into some of the best ever to come out of this whole cinematic experience and it isn't even cinematic! It's TV! I can't wait to go back and rewatch it all in a binge, since I watched it week-to-week like I've become fairly unused to.

We'll see what else comes out in the next several months, but right now I'm calling this as the best show to come out of 2021.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Fringe Season 1 - 7/10
Mostly a strong first season with a few ropey MOTW style episodes. But it sets up plenty of intrigue and good characters. Plus gets bonus points for the Leonard Nimroy cameo :D

Spanky
Spanky
spoiler: it's not just a cameo...
Reactions: Nix

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
The 100 season 7- 7/10
I think some of the story elements were really great but there's a few significant missteps- namely the ending of the whole show. I found it pretty disturbing ultimately and the aliens were the worst beings on the show :)

Mr Trick

Scooby
Man in Room 301 (2019) - 8/10
Nicely paced, gripping, well acted and powerful Finish drama. Also slight spoilers but the guy who turned out to be the kid from years back looks like a creepy mix of Daniel Bruhl and Archie out of Riverdale :D

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Community S2 (9/10) : Some of the best comedic telly I've ever seen. Far beyond the level of most mainstream american comedy shows; its funny, experimental, witty in its parody and meta critiques and the characters (barring Chevy Chase) are all pitch perfect. The trampoline episode, the episode about Annie's missing pen and the flashback episode were all very special. But the D&D episode was the standout for me, poking fun at and celebrating a rather fringe hobby, I loved it.

Hunga Munga

Scooby
Yeah, it amazes me that Community wasn't a huge hit on a level with Parks and Rec. or The Office when it aired . The absolute height of its popularity was probably when it dropped on Netflix and the streaming services . Barely any media 'heat' on it either . I went in thinking it was a 'by the numbers' workplace sitcom :D .

I think it's an all time great as far as English language comedy goes . It's up there with the biggest and best titles .

Nix

🤪
Sineya
Finished Behind Her Eyes on Netflix
OMG Amazing! Watch it :p

Mr Trick

Scooby
Bloodlands Series 1 - 7/10
Overall this was a gripping watch, with good characters and performances (Nesbitt does sinister/unhinged very well). But the final episode didn't quite land for me.

thetopher

Sineya
Community S3 (9/10) A more cohesive story than the previous season though it doesn't quite hit the comedic heights for me. However the characterization is a little better and Chevy Chase's character actually grows and becomes more sympathetic, as opposed to his almost antagonistic role previously. Hi-lights were Remedial Chaos Theory, the Horror Fiction anthology, the evil Christmas musical episode and the video game episode. Brilliant stuff conceptually.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
I would say 3 is the best season.

whatdBuffyDo

Potential
Sineya
Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 S2 Ep5&6&7 - 8.5/10
The show is acquiring its charm again for me. 🎉

thetopher

Sineya
Community S4 (6.5/10) This was a bit of a slog tbh, even if it was only 13 episodes. A lot of the wit had diminished and the darker edge had vanished all together. Only a couple of the episodes felt anything like the quality of previous seasons, although I did appreciate the craziness of the 'dark timeline' finale.
Still, I'd rate this higher than most popular US sitcoms that I've bothered to sit through (King Of Queens, Will & Grace, Everybody Loves Raymond, etc).

Hunga Munga
Hunga Munga
Yeah the 'gas leak' season is a problem , but it's not that it's bad , it's just not streets ahead ;) . No spoilers but 5 and 6 have some really really fine episodes .
Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Still haven't seen S4 or might have seen random episodes. All the cast changes are a problem for me in the later seasons.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Criminal Minds re-binge, I've gotten to the end of S4 by now. My friend started it from the beginning and she kept talking about it, so I just got this overwhelming urge to go back. Even though it's only been a year since I saw the first 10 seasons for the first time :p

Priceless

Scooby
Grace - A new police procedural starring John Simm. Interesting story and Simm is always watchable. Set in Brighton but the accents were from all over the place, which was a bit jarring 7/10

thetopher

Sineya
Community S5 (8/10) An most welcome almost-return to form. There are a couple of cast changes, one I didn't care about and one that gutted me. Why did Troy have to go? He was missed. Pierce not-so-much but his will-reading episode was pretty good, so there's that. Lots of meta-jokes about 'the gas-leak year' and plenty of fun episodes (the one about the ass-crack bandit, the floor-is-lave game and the D&D sequel) but the last 3 were such high quality that I have hopes that S6 will be even better. But I for one want full season 'Community', not 13 episodes halfsies...

Nix

🤪
Sineya
Legacies season 1 ep 1 8/10

The Originals/Vampire Diaries spin off. Very interesting and nice to see the characters again. Nice twist at the end too. Will try and fit in another episode today!

Top Bottom